Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (guitartguy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2004, 9:18 PM Reply   
I have a Temet 142.3 and it feels kinda "Squirrely" I'm new to the sport.
Is the board inherintley slippery or do I just need to improve my technique?

I'm not to proud to ask stupid ?s
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-10-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
I had the 138.1 for a while and while I didn't care for it much, I thought it tracked pretty well. I didn't find it "slippery" at all.

If you're having problems getting it dialed to your liking, you might play around with some different fins.

SFH
Old    deltahoosier            07-11-2004, 12:38 AM Reply   
I don't have much time tonight. Slippery for some can be different water conditions. Choppy water will be a looser feel than butter. My Parks feels a little loose with a high frequency chop on the waterbut, It feels sticky if the water is butter.

Regardless, you want to be on edge. Edge takes you to where you want to be. Edge is what make you go up. Speed make you go out. I think most people strive for the loose skatey feel of a board when they ride it flat, but, hooks up when on edge. Basic physics about boarding. The longer the fins, the faster the board. That only holds true if the board is not on edge as much as it should. At a certain point the fins will be out of the water and will not have any effect on the speed. Fins are only there if you are riding flat and relying on the fins for speed. Learn to ride on your edge and use the skatey feel to have some fun and to pull out the occationaly jump that goes wrong. Strong edge at the wake equals height. Good luck and have some fun. Never bring a bad ride in the boat.

(Message edited by deltahoosier on July 11, 2004)
Old     (drewsmug)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-11-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
i have the temet 142.3 and i love it. just yesterday out of the blue i thought i would try a scarecrow. never tried one before but i landed my fourth attempt. i'd say you just need to improve your technique
Old     (guitartguy)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-11-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
I think you're right Andrew. Like I said , I'm pretty new and it seems like everything is cool when I'm on smooth water. I was haveing problems yesterday especially, because I was trying to ride in choppy water. What bindings are you using?