Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 17, 2003

Old    washboad            10-28-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
I am looking at both of these boats and would like some outside opinions on both comparitively. I have seen others compare the Pro-V to the LSV, but not the new Enzo. I have been trying to find information on both of these boats, but it is hard to come by on the web. I know people have already taken delivery on there 04 Pro-V's, but has anyone already purchased a new Enzo. All input is welcome pertaining to these two boats.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-28-2003, 11:40 AM Reply   
The ENZO was just released so it will be awhile before there is any good feedback on it. The Pro-V has been out for a couple of years now. Calabria's new V-drive will be out very soon. As with anything be sure and test drive to find the right boat for you.

www.Wake-Me.com
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-28-2003, 12:07 PM Reply   
Phaeton,

What do you like and dislike about Calabria? I have been doing a little research on them but don't really know anything about them nor do I personally know anyone who has had a Calabria. I wish they would update their website with their new line of boats.
Old    washboad            10-28-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
Philip,

I agree. Not only should Calabria update there website but I don't know anyone personally that has one and besides the little bit of research that I've done I don't know how the quaity compares. I know they have the purevert system which unique, but do they run well with the Mercruiser (do people like that engine).
Old     (sydwayz)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-28-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
From all that I have heard from Calabria a new updated wed site should be up by the end of the month.
Philip and C,
Both Phaeton and myself own Pro V's. They are our second Calabrias. Quality compares to Malibu and MasterCraft. Phaeton has the 340HP MerCruiser and I have the 315HP. Have had no problems to speak of.The PureVert is unique. Under floor gravity feed ballast. NO PUMPS. Ask whatever questions you have. You can also contact the factory and talk to them. They are very helpful and willing to talk.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-28-2003, 9:32 PM Reply   
Philip-Washboad
Most room and storage of any 21 foot V-drive. The Pro-V is 23.6 with the platform. 21.4 without.
Drives like a D-drive.
Ballast
Big platform
Stereo location
Small company so you talk to who is in charge. No run around.
Very solid
I can fit multiple wakeboards gear and my SkySki in the trunk.
This is my second Calabria. The first was a D-drive. We put over 200hrs on it without a single problem. Sold it for $700.00 less than we paid for it. Great boat and would still have it but opted for a V-drive.

Dislikes:
Took the drivers seat swivel out. Made the seat to high and there was alot of movement in the seat.
Added some rubber edging in key areas to finish off the boat. Not a big deal but should of been done at the factory that way.
Dash looks dated.
That is about it. The interiors do not look as high class as a Malibu. But are made with quality materials.

No issues with Mercruiser. We had the 315hp in the last boat and the 340hp Black Scorpion in this boat. The 315 has enough ponies with the right prop.

Any other ? feel free to ask.

We picked up our boat on June 16th and have a little over 130 hrs on it. We really enjoy it.

There are plenty of nice boats out there. Only a few with the room and storage we were looking for. Most were longer bigger boats but the Pro-V had just as much if not more room. Plus you don't pay for the name so you can get a good deal on them.

www.Wake-Me.com

(Message edited by Phaeton on October 28, 2003)
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-29-2003, 7:10 AM Reply   
So when they say it's a 23.6 length that's including the platform? I was wondering if that was true. As far as beam/width it's 102", correct? Does it feel to wide, or do you not even notice it? What would you compare the Calabria's wake to, a Malibu, MC, Nautique? Ultimately the wake is just as important as the overall boat. What is the overall measurements as far as height and width on the trailer? Trying to figure out if it would even fit in my garage. Thanks.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-29-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
Philip correct the boat with platform is 23.6 the hull is 21.4 and 102" wide. The boat sitting on the trailer the top of the tower is just under 10'. Trailer is just under 9' wide.

It feels wide as far as room, storage and seating goes but does not drive like it.

The wake with full gas tank and stock ballast is on the larger size with a nice transition from ramp to vert. The biggest I have seen it was with 10 adults and no ballast. It was mid thigh to waste high on a 5'10" person.

A friend of mine has an X-2. He has rode behind my Pro-V a few times and say's the wake is very similar to his but the Pro-V stay's cleaner farther back.
Old    washboad            10-29-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
I appreciate all the information on the Pro-V, Phaeton if you have any pictures of the wake I would appreciate it if you would either post or email me. Anyway I have heard a lot from people with the Pro-V's I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has even had a chance to ride behind the Enzo and give me a little insight. All I've seen is pictures and limited information.
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-30-2003, 4:57 AM Reply   
What kind of prices are we looking at for the new Calabria line? Also I've heard that Calabria is coming out with a new boat for next year, what do you know about that?
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-30-2003, 6:53 AM Reply   
For a Pro-V you are looking at high 30's on up. Depends on options. You can find them loaded for around $45.

The new V-drive not sure what the final name is, will be more. Same hull as the Pro-V but the top deck is differet along with most everything else in the boat. Should be released soon.

www.Wake-Me.com