Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-11-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
Specs:
2006 X-45
2007 tower
The previous owner had a gasket go out on the engine, so MC replaced the engine under warranty and now I have a new 8.1L engine with new warranty.
4 tower speakers,
MC cruise
New graphics

The boat is in excellent condition and has 97 hours on it.

This has been a tough decision for me to make as that I have owned Tiges for the last 7 years. I sold my 24V a few months ago and found the economic crisis had hit boat dealers and makers pretty hard. This seemed to be the time to get an MC at a great price. As far as true value, I think that MC is the best right now. I don't see many 100K X-stars like just 1-2 years ago.

My family wakeboards, surfs, tubes and just loves to hang out on the water. Sometimes it is a big crowd, and the 45 fits the bill.

A big thanks to Matt, Billy and Landon at Utah water sports for their encouragement and patience with me on this big purchase. The guys run a classy place and once my wife got into the store and felt good about it, the purchase was a no-brainer. I told my wife that this boat was the 'one' before we saw it in person. She is always skeptical about big purchases and worries about having regrets, but after we arrived at the showroom, they put her at ease and that made the buy an easy one to make.
theboat
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       12-11-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
Looks very nice... Congrats.....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-11-2008, 12:24 PM Reply   
Very nice. We need some more pics though.
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       12-11-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
Good for you. Nice boat. 45 is sweet!
Old     (roughrivermike)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-11-2008, 12:26 PM Reply   
Welcome aboard, it looks awesome. Congrats!! You are going to have to get a new license plate to go with it.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-11-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
Nice freaking boat. What made you go MC over Tige since your talltigeguy might be interesting to know. So can you change your name to tallMCguy? Did the RZ4 just not compare?
Old     (ridersdad)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-11-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Congrats.

Awesome boat.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-11-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
CONGRATS Welcome to the club !!!
Now change your screen name. Maybe tallmcguy or "X" talltigeguy

Usually the wife always wants to dicker on the price. So I always say bring your wife in and we'll dicker.

(Message edited by woreout on December 11, 2008)
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-11-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
She's a beauty! the 45 is a sweet boat.
Old     (morganmac)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-11-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
you will be very pleased; i know we are with ours

NorCal MasterCraft treated us very well.

Upload
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       12-11-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
wow...somebody got upgraded! nice!
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-11-2008, 2:21 PM Reply   
Holy smokes. That is a badass boat!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-11-2008, 2:28 PM Reply   
That is super cool TTG.... Congrats to you and the family!

I should be down in the early Summer for some family biz....bringing down my boat for some riding. Maybe we can get out on Sand Hollow or Quail.....
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-11-2008, 4:44 PM Reply   
Tampawake,

The RZ4 does compare very nicely with the X45. The newer Tiges have really stepped it up in quality, but that has come with a price. I looked then at getting an RZ2 as that they generally are 5-7K less, and that fit more closely to the budget I was looking for. But it too was higher than the budget would allow. So it was either save up, or keep looking. I did both and then this boat fell into my lap and I pulled the trigger. I noted the deals right now on MC's and found this one hard to pass up.

For example, I am pretty sure this boat is new:
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-MASTERCRAFT-MasterCraft-X-45--X45--245-92773845

And it says that you might get better pricing if you call. Now imagine the pressure on some poor guy trying to sell his used X-45. You see where this goes.

For 68K, that price has been pretty well been unheard of in recent years. You would be getting a smoking good deal if you can get a 2009 RZ4 for 68K. I know that they are 2 model years apart, but I think you get the point that the price difference is not that drastic as it has been in the past. Comparing older Tiges does not do it justice because of Tige's change to PCM engines and a large number of other standard upgrades.

EJ, you know where to find me. On wakeworld of course.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-11-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
I should have added this one. It is definitely new for 64K..and with possible extra incentives!

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2007-MASTERCRAFT-X-45-93881289

That isn't your boat is it, Morganmac?

(Message edited by talltigeguy on December 11, 2008)
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-11-2008, 5:24 PM Reply   
congrats ttg.

how about some more pics?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-11-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
Dope ride! That should be really nice with a big crew out for the day.
Old     (flackpack)      Join Date: Feb 2004       12-12-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
Tall -

first - beautiful boat. you shopped and found a great deal!

2nd - how well do you fit under the tower and bimini? I know that was an issue when you were looking at boats.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-12-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
Flack,

I considered not getting this boat once I stood under the tower. I had been in an 08 and there was a slight modification to the tower between 07 and 08 because the 08 is about 4 inches higher. Unfortunately that 4 inches changes me from just ducking under the tower speakers to straightforward stooping. The 07 bimini is very nice, but also goes under the speakers like most, instead of above like on the 08.

If I could find someone to buy the 07 tower and speakers from me, I would swap it out for an aftermarket Samson Switchblade, or (GULP!) a Tige Z tower (if it fit).

I figured the low tower would not be a dealbreaker since the speakers alone are a $4K option from the dealer and I wonder if I could find a good home for those. 2 of them have the lights in them and they are very bright. But I am in the dark about once or twice a year at the most and just use a plug in spotlight for those times.

The guy who bought my boat was looking to shave a few bucks off, so I have a shiny pair of NVS Tyrants in the garage and the amp to run them. So selling the tower and speakers would not bother me. I have to sell one set of speakers regardless.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on December 12, 2008)
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-12-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
Nice boat. Im def partial to the color scheme.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-13-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
Ha. The guy that champions Tige, the weakest player in the market, on every message board around and levels anyone that points out Tige's weaknesses - goes off and buys a MasterCraft. Well that's just great. Tige jumped the shark years ago but today we mark the end of it's weak grip on the low end of the market because this guy represents the fact that people can change.

Also in this economic environment, people shouldn't be buying much, and when they do they should aim for quality - looks like TTG has realized this simple fact.
Old     (shredder_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-13-2008, 1:14 PM Reply   
The Truth

I have to say that I think that you are totally wrong for saying what you said. I have read through this post and have seen nothing that says Talltigeguy bought a Mastercraft over a Tige because of quality. The biggest factor that swayed his decision sure seems like it is one thing, PRICE PRICE PRICE. Just because their are tons of Mastercraft dealers with tons of inventory and dumping them at crazy prices doesn't mean that Mastercraft is better quality. It's funny that you say that all Tige posts are negative because I have sure seen since Tige came out with their 09 product, I haven't seen anything but positive things people have said including myself. I believe everyone makes a great boat and dogging on a company over one person that bought on price doesn't mean anything.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       12-13-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Wow... I don't even know you, but this is the last thing I thought I'd see you post!

That's a good looking boat... Actually, that's a great looking boat!

Where's the boat-buddy?
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       12-13-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
Nice boat!! Welcome to the MC family!

Blake,
no boat-buddies on X45s, too heavy.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-13-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Truth,

Price is the determining factor here for me. I think MC is top notch quality as well. I got this boat for a long ways beneath NADA value, so I felt comfortable investing a big chunk in the boat since I feel I can sell it next summer without taking a beating if it fails to meet my expectations.

I think this boat is ahead of Tiges for the same model year, but I really will be able to answer that better after owning this boat for a summer. If I were in the market to spend 80K, trying to choose between a 2009 X45 and a 2009 RZ4 would be very difficult. Both boats are outstanding.

I am still going to call things honestly like I see them. For example, Boomshot calling Tige the weakest player in the market is clueless. Tige continues to be in the top 5 inboard boat brands, that is far from the weakest. I'll continue to state things as I see them. Some people point out flaws that are non-existent and need to be called on it.

I can point out already that the openings to the rear storage hatches on my X-45 are puny. Every boat has its strengths.

(Message edited by talltigeguy on December 13, 2008)
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-13-2008, 11:52 PM Reply   
sell out!

just kidding man. nice boat.
Old     (oakley84)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-14-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
I'm new on this site and thought I should at least put in my 2cents.....

Nice MC talltigeguy (guess you'll be changing your name).

Truth - I'm not sure why you are such a h8tr on the Tige - Tige is a very competitive boat. Like talltigeguy says "every boat has its strengths."

Talltigeguy - enjoy your summer!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-14-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
"because this guy represents the fact that people can change."

Truth, and your post is proof that some people cant change
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-14-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Truth got a lil envy in him......
Old     (jujube)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-15-2008, 6:25 AM Reply   
Talltigeguy - too bad the deal didn't work out for a Tige for you, you would have really enjoyed the '09 product.

No need to change your name just yet, never know, you may be back! :-)
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-15-2008, 8:23 AM Reply   
The 8.1 is where it's at. Nice boat. Looks like you'll be having a nice summer next year.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
People with Tige in their usernames need to bow out of this thread. Except for the original poster because it's hilarious.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-15-2008, 4:57 PM Reply   
People with the word "truth" in their username should at least try to type some once in awhile
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
HAHAHAHA I see what you did there you whackadoodle. Tige ownership forgiven - you can stay in this thread.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-15-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
Thanks, for letting me stay, I was losing sleep over it
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2008, 5:04 PM Reply   
In TRUTH the new boat is awesome TTG. The X45 is a phenomenal boat. Congratulations, in all seriousness.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2008, 5:06 PM Reply   
TigeMike I am sorry for being a jaygoff. I do indeed hate Tige boats, but not the folks that own them usually. Just the dealer network and the manufacturer itself is all I really despise - oh and the boats - I also despise the boats.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-15-2008, 5:21 PM Reply   
^^^ Wow, there's a news flash, but here is a head up for you..........you're the only one that enjoys reading your garbage posts. No one really gives a crap who you like or dislike, just keep it to yourself and spare us. $.02

Understood, Truth, most people do hate their close competitors.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-15-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
what if the dude with the tramp stamp upgrades?
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-15-2008, 6:21 PM Reply   
Oh - I thought we were having some fun with my garbage items (with regard to all your emoticons). Guess not then. I'm sorry you got sand in it over all of this. See ya.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-15-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
^^^ Oh yeah, lots of fun reading your insulting posts bashing Tige and their owners
Old     (shredder_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-15-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
I agree with TigeMike. I just don't understand why you hate a boat more or less a company so bad. What are you pissed off cause the new Tige's are bad ass and people are now talking good things about them. I am sure you could add to your collection of boats and get you a 09. Therefore you would not only have a Nautique, but a Supra and a Tige. You are just lacking a few and you can have everything. Then you could really tell the "Truth"
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Let me chime in. Tige boats have come a long way. But some people, especially those who owned them early on, had some serious problems with the abiline factory taking care of warranty claims and so on. I know I did. I like the new products, but to me, it seems like they are always copying someone. Malibu, MC etc. Every two years or so they drastically change looks. You really don't see this with the other companies. I instantly can recognize a MC, BU, or Naughty. They each have their signature styles. I personally think that tige is still kinda figuring out what works for them.

As for the wakes and build quality, I would say they are outstanding. I lived near Abilene and most people where I board have tiges. They are great to surf behind and since they don't need ballast you just have to move people around. The wakeboard wakes with the optional ballast are damn good as well. I just haven't had the best luck with their service at the manufacturer level.

Talltigeguy: great looking boat. I am sure that you will enjoy the 45. It is a great boat.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-16-2008, 4:13 PM Reply   
They don't need ballast. That's the best. Thank you. I love hearing that. Its one of the biggest lies ever repeated in our industry - and it is repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated, and repeated.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-16-2008, 4:36 PM Reply   
Agreed....
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-16-2008, 5:40 PM Reply   
Truth, man, you really need to get a life and move on. I cant believe that this old marketing angle keeps you this torqued and you hold this much anger for a company over a simple marketing campaign that you simply disagreed with. Wow, this is funny

Oh, Tiges dont need ballast for the avg person, but has been, and will be, an OPTION, for those that want it, yes an option like everyone else.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-16-2008, 5:48 PM Reply   
Oy vey. And the same advice goes to you. Takes two to tango.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-16-2008, 6:15 PM Reply   
Tige Mike,

I would hardly say it is an old marketing angle....they still use it on their website. If you don't need it, why offer it as an option?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-16-2008, 6:39 PM Reply   
Truth, stop being a dumbass. you made your point.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-16-2008, 6:43 PM Reply   
Didnt say they dont still use this, but it's hardly a new approach, been around for years. Any seasoned boarder knows they (as the rider) need ballast, anyone who doesnt know whether or not they need ballast, doesnt need ballast.

Last time I looked many other towboat manufacturers offer it as an option, it's just packaged up with the tower, racks, cruise, etc, but it is an option, right?

Mike, unless you bought your boat directly from the factory, some of your issues should be placed on the dealer. Also, my 06 was one of the early models to roll out of the new plant in TX, boat has been great after a couple bumps, which were not related to the Tige factory, assembly, or Tige built parts, all outside vendor components.

Still dont understand the amount of time some of you guys put into hating on others boats. If you dont like the brand........great, big deal, move on cause no one wants to hear it.
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       12-16-2008, 10:37 PM Reply   
Mike, you say they are trying to figure out what works for them.

I say they are just staying ahead of the curve. Look at the auto industry! Every 4 years. :-)
Old     (scramison)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-17-2008, 12:43 AM Reply   
Tanner you bring up a good point. Toyota has done well because it has stayed a very flexible company that can adapt to its surroundings. While Tige doesn't necessarily have a great track record it has the possibililty of turning things around. Why? They think outside the box and that thinking is always rewarded eventually. Good example is the Prius. GM looked at a Prius design back in the early 2000s and said it will never work. Its going to cost us more money to manufacture than we can sell it for and who is going to buy this reject looking box on wheels. Now look how ahead of the curve Toyota is.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-17-2008, 7:32 AM Reply   
So - what is Tige's Prius? It doesn't exist and they don't think outside the box, they copy. MasterCraft and Correct Craft think outside the box, and get copied - particularly Master Craft.
Sir your analogy makes no sense. Tige copys other designs - hence the RZ2 which is basically a MasterCraft with Malibu influence.

My feelings about Tige are somewhat rooted in experiences with their older boats in a professional wakeboard setting. The boats, 4 21ft riders edition in the 2000-2001 range, were in a constant state of death. We towed a boat home every 3rd day or so - particularly due to the way Merc positioned the electronics. Its as if the boat wasn't designed with the concept that water can get in boats - and sh*t shorted out all the time. Blah, maybe they've come a long way - but I'd never trust them. It's the lies. The lies...
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-17-2008, 9:53 AM Reply   
The Truth, MC and CC have copied other's ideas also. Look at MC putting the "wake plate" on the back of their boats. They copied someone IMO.

so, it is a little judgemental (sp?) to say that Tige is the one that copies while every other boat manufacturer has done it. $.02
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-17-2008, 10:16 AM Reply   
TigeMike,

So, isn't that a little misleading. I mean really. A novice rider wants to buy a boat. He goes to the Tige dealer and they give him this line that he doesn't need ballast because he is just a beginner. Then they finance his boat for 10-15 years. Funny right! He is not going to progress outside the beginner realm for the next 10-15 years or will be forced to buy a new boat. Come on. I fell into this trap. I had no clue about wakeboarding besides knowing that I wanted to buy a boat the could wakeboard and surf. I was told "you don't need ballast", needless to say less than one year later I owned a Nautique.

My problems were not with the dealer. My boat was one of the last built in the old factory and had some issues with the motor mounts sagging. There was nothing my dealer could do. They sent it up to the factory since it was only 90 min away and they kept my boat there for 2.5 mnths.

I hardly think Tige is ahead of the game. "look pickleforks are selling good lets make one, or two" That tower on the Malibus seems to be a good selling point, lets buy one also...etc, etc. I know for a fact that when the RZ2 was designed, an X-star was on hand. Don't forget, I lived close to the factory and know some peeps that worked there. The West Texas wake community is pretty small. If your thinking outside the box, why do you need the compititions boat to be on hand. And speaking of a "box" its the one feature of the Xstar that they should have copied but didn't. Do you know why that is, because they didn't design the RZ2 from the ground up. Hull design was mostly copied over from the 22Ve. Nothing revolutionary there.

I'm not hating i'm just stating what I know. They are still good boats, just not "Revolutionary".
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-17-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
That does'nt make sense to me. When a novice buys a boat at our dealership we give the option to come back and add up to 2000 lbs with factory switches and faster pumps than Tigé offers for less than the factory option price. There is no need to buy a new boat.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-17-2008, 11:29 AM Reply   
Sure billy,

If you like your ballast taking up all the space in your lockers. Who wants that? Would much rather have an integrated system.
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-17-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
Several people, thats who. It's about choices for us here. I may not be able to sell you a boat, but there are many buyers out there that are different than you. Some of our no ballast buyers may not come back for more weight. But if they need it they have a choice and don't have to buy a new boat like you stated above.}}
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-17-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
Or, they can buy a boat with ballast integrated in the floor, not fill it up when they are beginners, then fill as needed as they progress, never having to spend more money that is not financed into the loan. You see, this option means that they never have to have added out of pocket expenses and saves their storage space for what it is intended for, storage. Win win. Your way may work for some, but from my standpoint, it is a compromise that is not necessary. I could understand if it was a cost saving measure, but Tiges are similarly priced to their rivals, so that one is out of the window. Again, great boats, not a bash, just stating that to have the ballast integrated under the floor and not using it as a beginner is a far more feasible option than having to return you boat to the dealer to have it installed in your storage lockers and doing without your boat for several days.
Old     (tonytige)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-17-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
The Truth,

My name is Tony Fussell and I am the Director of Sales for Tige Boats Inc. I would like to invite you to the factory to see what Tige is all about. I would like to show you first hand what Tige is all about and you are welcome to come to the factory at my expense to check out our 2009 model line up and test drive any boat. Please contact me at tony@tige.com if you are interested.
Old     (tntige)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-17-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
I do see your point and agree, that is why we keep a mix. Our Rz4 has in floor ballast while our Z1 that we have is geared as a price point boat for the 1st time inboard buyer and has no ballast. Believe it or not, 2 grand will sometimes keep a buyer from getting the money they need even if they are spending $40k. The only point I wanted to make is that there are options after the sale that can keep you in the same boat and not limit your skill level.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-17-2008, 3:19 PM Reply   
o snap, the truth has been called out by the big boys now!

Tony - thats awesome.
Old     (majestic)      Join Date: May 2008       12-17-2008, 3:32 PM Reply   
This post is way off track. That is a great looking X-45 Tall. As a Tige owner who almost bought a MC no love lost here.

The reason I bought my Tige is it is a all around great boat my family does it all slalom, Wakeboard, Wakeskate,tube, wakesurf. I think MC and Nautique are great boats but when I tested them they were more built for one purpose (wakeboard) and they are very good at that but not for me, plus they handle like A**

Btw: I added Ballast to my boat after the fact( only for surfing) and has not affected my lifestyle one bit.

(Message edited by majestic on December 17, 2008)
Old     (evil0ne)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-17-2008, 3:56 PM Reply   
Tony, can I take you up on that offer too?
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       12-17-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Nice gesture Tony. Very classy.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-17-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
I figured that some tool would eventually turn the thread in a negative direction. I understand that Truth's experience in 2001 has still tainted him to this day. I had a 99 Suburban that I bought used and ended up costing more than a new one just to keep it running, so I still harbor some ill feelings for Chevrolet. But for sure that the changes Chevy has made since then are minor compared to the changes Tige has made since 2001. The 2009 Tiges are extremely well put together and are awesome boats.

Will say that this 2006 MC is better put together than the 2005 Tige 24V I used to have. But it also costs more still. So I think you get what you pay for.

Erik Ruck didn't seem to be complaining about no ballast at the Tigeowners.com reunion at Lake Mead in September. This was behind an RZ4 admittedly with 10 people on board, but no ballast.
Ruck
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2008, 7:34 PM Reply   
Sorry but i got tired of reading everyones posts so i'm just going to post what I think about THE TRUTH's post. Its a bunch of BS. I can point out a couple of things that MC, and CC and a couple of manufactures have copied off of tige. For example the tige Taps System. for years you only saw it on Tiges but now go look under the back of almost any boat out there and you'll see a trim tab as they call it. Another one is the "Activities Center" as tige calls it. Which is the bench that is formed onto the back of the boat. CC added a form of it but put their own twist on it which is what Tige did with the RZ's and new Alpha Z tower. MC also has started putting the bench on some of their models.

The Truth- so next time you decide to go talk all this BS you should probably go do a little reseach on what your going to be talking about. oooooo and i just remembered that you have a Supra. being you don't like manufactures copying others you should probably go remove that trim plate on the back of it. hahahahaha i love it.
Old     (shredder_girl)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-17-2008, 7:41 PM Reply   
Tige stepping it up and putting their money where their mouth is. To have the director of sales getting on here and doing that is what I call "stepping out of the box." That makes me proud to be a Tige owner and have to say I wouldn't have anything else. Talltigeguy, I had a chance to see Ruck ride as well here at Lake Lanier when he was at Gainesville Marina. He was behind a 22ve and guess what, no ballast. Looking at the picture, it sure doesn't look like he needs it!!!!

Upload
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-17-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
How fast do you think they are going?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-17-2008, 8:04 PM Reply   
Martin,
I think we were going 23.5 MPH in the photo that I took and posted. It may have been 24 MPH.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       12-17-2008, 8:43 PM Reply   
and people that read my post. i'm in no way talking bad about any other manufactures. everyone does their own thing and if you don't like it then you don't buy it. i'm just making a point by showing what Tige has offered to the inboard boat market.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       12-18-2008, 3:07 AM Reply   
Tony thank you for the offer but I have absolutely zero interest. I appreciate that you'd come to these shark infested waters but it does nothing for the time and money I've wasted on your boats.

Thank you,
David
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-18-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
The Truth, Nice cop out.. Sound like you are the "the weakest player in the market" and not Tige now. I am sure others on this board would have taken Tony up on this offer even if dislike Tige like you do.
Old     (hehateme)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-18-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
I wonder if I can launch someone that high in my malibu. Thats pretty impressive.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-18-2008, 8:44 AM Reply   
I'm a Tige owner, but I'm going to throw something out there for accuracy's sake. It's hard to use the Taps copy claim against Supra. I'm pretty sure the Sunsports had wake plates back in the mid 80's. Now, I'm not sure when they went to hydraulic ones.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       12-18-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
So what have we learned? TTG got himself a nice X45 on a rippin' deal and "The Truth" has no balls.

Nice boat tall.

Nice vajayjay Truth.
Old     (justridin)      Join Date: Oct 2002       12-18-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
The Truth. It is really too bad that your Tige experience of 2001 left you feeling so bitter an angry. My Tige experiences began in 2001 and to date has been positive and productive. The people at Tige Boats Inc. are hard working and passionate about building boats and it shows in the constant improvements offered each model year. Those changes and improvements have helped me to sell several hundred boats in my local market of which the vast majority of owners are very satisfied with their purchases. Tige is not just another faceless corporation. I know that Tony Fussel's post above comes as a sincere gesture that might show you that Tige is a company that is making an focused and honest effort to earn the business of boat buyers. No, they are not perfect, but in my experience the people at Tige have always stepped up to resolve difficulties that involve their products. They are far away from being "the weakest player in the market" and given the reception to the changes for 2009, will both survive the current economic downturn (where some others might not), and come out the other side to earn more satisfied customers than ever.

I clearly fall into the category of people related to Tige that you despise, and the above was really not directed at changing your own views. However for the many others whom read these posts, that is my $.02

Nice boat Tall. Look forward to hearing more about it once you hit the water again.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       12-18-2008, 11:33 AM Reply   
The truth is old and scared. leave him be in the corner of his room
Old    00wakesetter            12-18-2008, 12:33 PM Reply   
TRUTH If you are going to sign a post why not sign your last name?
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-18-2008, 12:40 PM Reply   
Ha. Tony had pocket bullets, and Truth got caught bluffing with seven duce offsuit.