Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    maverick_gear            10-08-2003, 11:52 AM Reply   
Im ordering a new 04 LSV next week my business partner and i already decided on Black on black hull with the new rhino graphite interior and a black titan2 tower were getting 3 sets of there kicker speakers and bimini and 8 lights etc. im sure perfect pass wakeboard pro and racks, now here is where i am not sure shure, is it worth the extra money for the 8.1 litre 502 or should i stick with the hammer head 380? we talked to kicker audio and they are goin to sponsor the boat so we are goin to have the 6 on the tower 6 in the boat and 2 12L7 subs and the new 8v eclipse deck we plan on running the wedge gorrilla fins and the new quad ballast.

to 502 or not to 502 that is the question
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-08-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
nice choice! I've been riding behind an LSV for the past 3 seasons. The new one is SICK! If you can afford it, and the extra gas money, you might as well 502 it. It will help when you have 14 people in the boat + all the ballast.
Old     (jeffr)      Join Date: May 2002       10-08-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
I see you are from WA… assuming you are getting your boat at Bakes. Sounds like a great set up. Congrats! Be sure to get some pics posted when you get it.

I did a demo of the LSV last weekend with Matt aver at Bakes. I thought the 380 hp engine was plenty. I would run more ballast in the back than just the tanks… but can’t see why you would ‘need’ more power than the 380 unless you will have 12+ people in the boat on a regular basis. The boat is PLUSH!

Grunt Grunt Growl…. yeah I know… waiting for the never enough power posts… but the 380 is already a $$$ upgrade over the stock 340… how much coin for the 8.1?

On the BU owner site… sounds like a few people have been having trouble with the 8.1 not getting enough air… but it sounds like it’s at higher altitudes. Not sure….

Old    mattameo            10-08-2003, 3:19 PM Reply   
Whats up Jeff, how has your search for the perfect boat been. We are still anxious to give your boat a test out. Let us know. Peace.
Old    maverick_gear            10-08-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
ya actually i don't know yet where we are goin to get the boat from yet the guys down at bridge city in portland call me up and stoke me out about it everyday but im hoping we can get on factory sponsorship seeing as we will be using it for multiple tournaments in the NW as well as running a wakeboard school on lake samm and featuring it in several boat shows and uncountable movie and photo shoots for BFY Backyard and GB sports. something cool as well that we will be doing all this next season is flying up Pros and having clinics and demos and partys with them for everyone to come to Courtesy or GB Jetpilot etc. etc. i talked to Thomas H Jim L Rickey G Billy Mcaffray and many others and they are all DFTC in helping out promote the NW scene next year so it should be a Pretty sick 04 on lk samm
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-08-2003, 7:57 PM Reply   
The big block is a lot louder than the small block. Buyer beware. You'll spend thousands to get it and thousands to unload it. It will only propell the boat 4 mph faster overall than a SB.
Old    lachlantait            10-08-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
Just personally but ide stick with the stock engine you dont need the 502 all it does is cost a S|-|it load more + plus more noise and mostly more money for the fuel.
Boats normally guzzle a bita fuel but the 502 is nearly a 1/3 bigger than standard so obviously its nearly gonna take a 1/3 more or a bit less.
in the end its up to you though, sounds like a sweet boat can you post some pickies and will it look like that other chicks boat whats her name christie (fishcer) maybe.....
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-08-2003, 8:59 PM Reply   
get the 502 for the get up and go baby!
Old    stealthmode            10-08-2003, 10:10 PM Reply   
dirty thirties at their worst brothers...dont be that guy.....
Old    maverick_gear            10-08-2003, 11:41 PM Reply   
I rapped out with the design/production manager at malibu in tennesse today for like an hour and a half just BS'n like normal and i think i decided to run the 380 hammerhead, im sure the 502 is cool but im happy with my penis size. and i can run the 380 and swap props for more torque and less speed anyway i don't need to go faster than like 35 0r 40 plus the 380's fuel consumption is very good overall and even with the amount of weight i'll put in the boat if i prop it right i am sure i'll have no problems gettin on plane. now we just gotta quit arguing about the frickin color... at first it was all black then all white then white and electric blue im goin for either all white with white interior with black piping or all black with grey interior and black piping, and we called around and it looks like there is a complete kicker system arriving sometime next week for the boat
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-09-2003, 8:00 AM Reply   
Maverick, I suggest you stick away from the all white interior. I had an 00 X-Star with white interior, and it looked great, white, but it really starts to show wear and tear after time! Now I have the 03 with grey interior and it's much better. And the engine, the 380 is enough. It doesn't sound like you will be weighting the crap out of it.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-09-2003, 9:29 AM Reply   
Don't get the bigger engine, instead get a 14x16 prop or the "high altitude" prop. It's jumps out of the hole even with a ton of wieght.
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-09-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
The 502 might be nice because you wouldn't need as much ballast in the back, but I think any extra ponies you get from it would be wasted because of the extra wieght.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-09-2003, 3:58 PM Reply   
maverick, here is an 04 all white vlx
04 vlx
Old    lachlantait            10-09-2003, 7:37 PM Reply   
nah man definitely go the all black with grey interior might be a bit hot on ya butt, but hay thats what towels are for!
plus black just looks cooler(in a hot way...)
Old    maverick_gear            10-10-2003, 10:03 PM Reply   
ya gary your boat is sick! you never gave me a tug last session!!!! we were thinkin of gettin all white but you and danny b will both have all white for next season so i think i might go black... ya we decided to go for the 380 and we are goin to have custom fiberglass subwoofer/ballast tanks in the rear which should give us like 400 a side in the rear, plus we have about 2000 puonds of lead in the garage at my disposal.
Old     (garyw)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-11-2003, 9:43 AM Reply   
Maverick, the 380 is an awesome engine, you won't be disapointed. Where are you getting the custom subwoofer/ballast tanks. When are you planning on picking up your boat
Old    maverick_gear            10-11-2003, 11:34 AM Reply   
well we are planning on ordering it sometime this month, its goin to be in a bunch of boat shows so we need to get it at least by december so we can get all the custom crap done to it. how do you like your tower? if we wanted one of those towers would it be possible to get another crossbrace on each side above the existing one where the built in racks already are. the custom subwoofer/tanks are being made by this guy up here in kent,its my partners deal so i'll find out who he is and let you know. the tanks should be awesome i saw the plans for them and im pretty excited...
Old     (mcsammamish)      Join Date: Jun 2002       10-11-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
Gary, the boat looks sick. I'm suprised to see the swim platform out of the water!!
How was Koppert Lk? looks like Winlock in the picture. Give me a call next week, I have something to talk to you about.

Maverick, go with the 380HP. Feel free to pick my brain on stuff. Talk to you soon.
Old    maverick_gear            10-11-2003, 5:28 PM Reply   
right on matt i'll definetly be calling you in the next week or so, when can we go for a ride...?