Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    wake_mom            05-03-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
Hi, I'm here at Naci and the water level is fine. The county people say that we will have our launch ramp at Oak Shores, available till after Sept.01,2004, remember this lake is a resevoir, they use this water every year for crops in the Salinas Valley. This lake will go dry ONLY if CA has a drought! So, whats the worry, at 50% we still are 17 miles of great water!

Shawns MOM
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-03-2004, 4:13 PM Reply   
Hey Shawn's mom! You wouldn't happen to have an email address for Fred? Christopher Stack is trying to get in touch with him. Thanks much - Jeff

P.S. if you get a chance, make sure to drop in and say hi to Pat Young at Xtreme Marine in Paso!
Old    wake_mom            05-03-2004, 4:31 PM Reply   
Jeff, I don't have it, he works for SA school district, it maybe posted on that website!
Truly, Shawns MOM
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-03-2004, 4:43 PM Reply   
Awww man my Moms killing me. If I ever had any game on this site, its now down the tubes.

Anyways Jeff or Chris whoever needs it, here it is: fescalera@sausd.k12.ca.us

Try to say that 5 times fast.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2004, 7:50 AM Reply   
Leslie, I'm a Cal Poly Recreation Administration Major & I was wondering if you could help me out? I'm doing a research report and am trying to tie decreased water levels to lowered levels of tourism. I was wondering if you would know that best place to get some lake property values for the last few years? This is just an initial project & I'm thinking about turning this subject into my Senior Project for next year. Thanks so much.

GO XM!!! Pat sells like crazy!!
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-05-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
With the unparalleled increases in CA real estate the past few years, I doubt that you'll be able to infer any correlation with water levels.
Old    wake_mom            05-05-2004, 12:56 PM Reply   
Hey, you are correct, Re:increased property values in the Calif.Central Coast, however the ill effects on the small businesses located on the lake(not to mention Paso Robles) has been tremendous. I believe that the main problem is that most persons are unaware that this lake is a man made reservior. The only water that we get is rain run off. The rain comes mostly from the north (Monterey). We don't have snow or some big water table to keep it full.
Monterey built the dam and instead of using water from both lakes/reseriors (Nacimiento and San Antonio)they use our water ,because we are outside of the county & they don't really care about our water levels or the lake economy.

I could go on forever! If SLO south county would get involded and help us keep our water that would mean alot, but they don't give a #&@! about anything north of the "grade"! So we are left to fight the battle alone.

Respectfully, Leslie
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-07-2004, 7:58 AM Reply   
Any idea of who would have data like that? Showing the marina & PR's decreased sales? I think I'm just gonna call the marina & a few others and see if I can get a look at some of their numbers! Perhaps the City of PR will have something as well.
Old    wake_mom            05-07-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
Stephen, I guess that you would have to contact the lake businesses directly, now would be a good time since they just did their taxes. The city hall in Paso is a thought. How about the Boat/PWC dealerships. NRMMAC Nacimiento Regional Water Management Advisory Committee, Jim Marshall is the President (805) 472-2400 (tell him I sent you). This would be a great project, since there are many avenues, ie; SLO drinking water..."what next"!

Truly, Leslie
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-07-2004, 10:12 AM Reply   
http://www.savethedragon.org/