Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2010, 4:35 PM Reply   
I know I brought this up awhile back, but now it really needs attention. Now that there is so much flash on this site, A: it takes forever to load, and B: all of the flash stuff is not working. So maybe make a version that is similar to the old site but with groups and friends and stuff, or make this same site without the flash(if that is possible).
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-07-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
x2
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-07-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
x3. i also brought this up in the "wish list" thread a while back. my iphone won't load this site at all.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-07-2010, 7:03 PM Reply   
It works ok on my droid but takes forever to load. If I touch the wrong link, I go into page loading hell. I check the site more on my phone than my laptop. Probably not at the top of Daves list but would def be nice
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-08-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
Agreed. Something with little to no Flash would be great. A lite site if you will. Really I dont care all the much about the main page, just being able to get into the forums nice and lite would be cool.
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-07-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
x4 on my blackberry
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-08-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
I think just having a mobile version of the forums would be awesome! I could see doing the whole site as a huge headache but starting with the forums might be doable??
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-08-2010, 7:59 AM Reply   
Huh . . . on my iphone when I goggled Wake World it brought up their site and at the end of the link it had an OPTIONS button. When I hit that it gave the option of a MOBILE version. The mobile version IS a condensed version without all the flash. So it worked great for me but for some reason I couldnt find anywhere to login so I couldnt post, weird.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-08-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
MONEY! Didn't realize you could access a mobile version through the options drop down. However, I'm having trouble logging is as well.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-08-2010, 7:05 PM Reply   
The purpose of the mobile formatted version is defeated if you can't log in... Dave, your opinion?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-08-2010, 7:39 PM Reply   
I have no idea what mobile format you've found since we have not come up with one yet, so I can't really help you there. There are some apps that you can download to your phone to view vBulletin discussion boards. I'm looking at some now and I believe I can add an add-on to the site that will let you use one of these programs to browse and post to the discussion board. This is not at the top of my list right now, but it's certainly something we'll be looking at in the future. If anybody has any experience with these phone apps, I'd love to get your feedback.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-09-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
Dave you should take a poll of how many people use their phone to use your site (or your old site). I think your gonna be surprised. I use my phone more than my CPU.