Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    mmcorrectax            11-30-2010, 1:52 PM Reply   
We are in the early stages of putting together a rider-run Wakesurf comp for late summer in MN. With the help of some of our local boys, we hope to make this a kick ass comp. More details will be known by the end of next week, but look for an epic mid-august session.
Old     (inland_surfer)      Join Date: Aug 2002       11-30-2010, 2:33 PM Reply   
Keep us posted and we'll see what we can do for prizes. Cheers jeff
Old    mmcorrectax            11-30-2010, 3:52 PM Reply   
We will keep it updated on here...Here is my information if you would like to contact me directly...

casey.smith@marinemax.com
Old     (StanleyWheelhouse)      Join Date: May 2010       11-30-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
Count the Wheelhouse crew in.
Old     (audionly101)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-01-2010, 5:35 PM Reply   
Can't wait, keep us all up to date!
Old     (F725)      Join Date: May 2010       12-02-2010, 3:50 AM Reply   
Casey,

We too are planning a wakesurf comp here in MN the last weekend in July. Maybe we could work together and throw one massive comp?

Gary
Old    mmcorrectax            12-02-2010, 7:11 AM Reply   
We have 2 very large events planned already in July, and the local boys I am working with think mid-August will give everyone the ability to be at their riding peak. Shoot me an email and we can discuss a bit.

casey.smith@marinemax.com
Old    mmcorrectax            01-03-2011, 10:35 AM Reply   
I will have a media kit completed by the end of the week. If you would like me to mail one out to your for this event, please let me know. I look forward to having as much involvment as possible from the entire community. Hopefully we can really build up the prize money and make this event killer.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-03-2011, 2:06 PM Reply   
Count me in
Old    mmcorrectax            01-31-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
Sorry for the delay in information... I am meeting with the mayor of Long Lake on Wednesday, shooting for an August 20th date. I will give everyone more information on Friday.
Old     (itsme)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-31-2011, 1:07 PM Reply   
Casey-

Stoked about midwest events!!

Give me a call when you have a chance @ 612-963-8888.
I formally incepted the Midwest Wakesurfing Association and aligned it with the AWSA (Jeff Walker)'s rules, criteria etc.
Insurance affilliations should be complete shortly.

There are quite a few parties aligning to do MN based wakesurf contests this year - it would be good for our sport to align the events to streamline and make better, bigger events out of them.

thanks
Chris Bank
Midwest Rep - Liquid Force/Straightline/ Jet Pilot/Body Glove/Surf Tech
Old    mmcorrectax            02-02-2011, 9:49 AM Reply   
Looks like Long Lake is willing to work with us to get the event exactly how we want. Tentative date of August 20th. More details by next week.
Old    mmcorrectax            02-03-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
Everyone should Like "The 10,000 Lakes Open" Facebook for updates about the comp. Dates are set - Aug. 19th and 20th in Long Lake, MN

Thank you to - Nine Lives Wake Crew
Idol Wakesurfing
And all future partners for your help and continued work at this event.
Old    mmcorrectax            04-28-2011, 8:16 AM Reply   
Registration page is now up at http://midwestwakesurfing.com/. We kept it reasonable and are pumped for a big turnout.
Old    mmcorrectax            07-08-2011, 6:56 AM Reply   
We are currently at 4K in cash alone for the pros, let's get some more sponsors and entries coming in. contact me at casey.smith@marinemax.com with inquiries.