Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    goose69            01-05-2004, 8:51 AM Reply   
Anybody know what happen to Joyride??
Did I miss something?
There US website www.joyride.com seems to be missing in action?

Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-05-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Unfortunately probably the same thing that happened with the company they bought, Origin. It's a tough market for small companies.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-05-2004, 11:28 AM Reply   
Joyride has a 2004 line. I'm sure the site is just temporarily down or something. They are supposed to be honoring the Origin warranty also.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-05-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
That's good to hear!
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-05-2004, 11:41 AM Reply   
strange...i was just on their site a week ago... hhhmmm... sounds like somebody forgot to pay mr. internet.....or maybe they are just revamping it??
Old     (kevin_bird)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-05-2004, 2:07 PM Reply   
There still around and have big plans i am riding for them. You will see things from them soon.
Old    du540            01-05-2004, 3:10 PM Reply   
I just spoke with Nick at Joyride this morning. They've just had some trouble with their webhost and they should be back online soon.

We're hoping to get them signed on as a sponsor and yes, they have a big year planned.

Ron Mart
NumbSkull Productions
www.numbskullpro.com
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-05-2004, 3:48 PM Reply   
Here is an email I just got from Rob Hyatt at Joyride...

Hello all,
Over the holidays, the Joyride server went down.
It is scheduled to be back up and running tomorrow (fingers crossed). This means everyone's email addresses as well.

Please remeber that the toll free number can also be used as a means to communicate with the factory until the server problem is solved.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for understanding!
Best Regards,
Rob Hyatt
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-05-2004, 3:50 PM Reply   
Didn't Robb Hyatt used to manage another board company? i can't quite remember
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-05-2004, 4:06 PM Reply   
He used to run the marketing and team at O'Brien.
Old    stealthmode            01-05-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
they made crappy snowboards, and they make crappy wakeboards.
Old     (switch)      Join Date: Oct 2003       01-05-2004, 7:43 PM Reply   
whatever!
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-06-2004, 1:54 AM Reply   
Joyride used to be really dope, actually. Roan rogers, dale rehberg, jake blattner, nate cole, blah blah blah, fast forward to joni makinen (that's spelled incorrectly) and matt kass and you've got yourself a dope snowboard team. But I wouldn't buy those boards now...
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-06-2004, 8:10 AM Reply   
Hey, it's important for me to add that THE Gabe Crane used to ride for joyride. Yes, it's true! Also, steve ruff from forum fame killed it on one of those beasts, but I don't know if anyone cares. Anyway, I had to throw my (gee, what are the kids saying these days? oh yes) "Props" out to him. What? What? Haaaayyyy....