Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 07, 2006

Old    tensionwake            02-01-2006, 6:56 PM Reply   
Gator boards was the buzz brand at surf expo and they had some sick wakeskates in the new buyers guide.

What do you all think?

Are they in the running to be one of the top 3 brands?
Old     (pickle311)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-01-2006, 7:25 PM Reply   
I ride Gator
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-01-2006, 8:39 PM Reply   
The ricky G really made a name for gator. I still think the top three is CWB, Liquid Force, and Hyperlite. I like was Krown is doing and gator sure has come a long way in 3 years.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2006, 8:48 AM Reply   
I like the Gator linup it looks good. They got some sick wakeskates for 06, everything looks nice to me. I do agree with Leo's top three board companies, and
I even think they are lined up right from first to last. IMO.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-02-2006, 9:12 AM Reply   
I think I'm going to pick up a Gator 144cm this Spring. Very nice lineup this year, and stiff competition is only better for us, the little guys.

(Message edited by rmcronin on February 02, 2006)
Old     (partydock17)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-02-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
I really like the Harris still, the Militant is sweet too though...

Danny T.
WWW.OKCBoardShop.COM
WWW.WakeboardOklahoma.COM
Old     (vertproductions)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-02-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
GB is come up a lot. As far as top three, CWB sucks and I would never consider them top anything.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-02-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
"...CWB sucks and I would never consider them top anything."

Can opener meet can 'o worms. Can 'o worms meet can opener.
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-02-2006, 1:36 PM Reply   
LMAO!!!! Yeah no doubt....I didn't even say anything BAD about CWB and people jumped all over my ass.....I just simply said that the site has a lot of CWB fans....or something to that extent as a reply to something. Watch out now.....ha ha ha.

IN RESPONSE TO THIS TOPIC:
I like GB products. I would like to check out their bindings this year...i haven't been impressed with previous bindings they produced. I felt they fell apart and were kinda chinsey (sp?). Their boards are pretty phat though. If I buy a new setup during midseason I would definitely consider the Gator and G6 Bindings. But like i said i kinda want to check out the bindings first. HONESTLY THOUGH I AM HOLDING OUT UNTIL THE DAY BYERLY JOINS THE GB CREW!!!! HA HA!!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-02-2006, 2:06 PM Reply   
Well with the new shift in managments who knows who's staying where.
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       02-02-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
I ride a gator, I have ridden boards from the top 3 and can say the BOARDS really do compete very well. I ride the caddy but I highly suggest to demo a Harris, the pop is amazing, soft landings, and its a pretty light board. Try out the gonzo or the new g-flow which is gonna be sick
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-02-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Kristian, whats up with the shift? I heard that the CA Rep Troy is no longer with GB. Whats the deal?

Arian, you must have worked for Hype at a Boat Show. Just a little bitter about it still eh?
Old     (vertproductions)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-02-2006, 3:46 PM Reply   
yea, boat show... you got it...

werd....

Troy is with GB...
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-02-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Arian, aren't you a bit biased?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       02-02-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Big Heavy, Where did you hear that? Troy has been an integral part of Gator Boards for some time now.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-02-2006, 7:09 PM Reply   
The classic looks pretty phat.
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-03-2006, 6:42 AM Reply   
I ride the Ricky G. Gator Boards will be top 3!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
I know Troy is THE Rep for GB that's why I thought it was weird. Basically it came from the local shop that carries GB (in the town that Troy lives in). Clearly not the greatest source but thats what they were saying, supposedly he called to let em know, supposedly. Thats why I'm trying to figure out for sure, I definately don't wanna spread false rumor about a mans career.

Yeah top three!! Woohoo, and that was after last year, before the Hinge Tech & Marius came out. Oh if only they put out a Platinum Marius...game over.
Old    billyg            02-03-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Gator good.
Clas-siick 137 great!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-03-2006, 9:56 AM Reply   
doesn't arian work for gator boards?
Old     (gb_rider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-03-2006, 1:48 PM Reply   
I talk to Troy everyday and he hasn't said a word about not working for the company. Troy is the reason GB is what it is, That dude killed it in the 2005 season making all the events, tourstops and demos happen, PROPS to Troy.

So Let it be know that the wakeboard world we all love so dearly is just a huge rumor mill. Consider your sources before you take in the facts.

Yeah Arian, Shut up dude your work for GB, haha and Keep up the good work at that too.

The GB line looks sick I think, Its cool to see a thread with so much positive feedback on the 06 Line.

GB 06
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2006, 1:54 PM Reply   
Stphan, I ment the whole Byerly and hyperlite thing.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-03-2006, 2:01 PM Reply   
See I don't know about that either. Me living out here in podunk-ville I guess I don't get the good dirt that I used to get.

As for Troy, I'm glad hes still with GB. Heck, we're putting a demo on in April and hoping he'll be there reppin', as well as Krown, LF & CWB.
Old     (liquidforce3015)      Join Date: May 2005       02-04-2006, 10:07 AM Reply   
big heavy- wheres the demo gonna be nac or lopez?