Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old    rweldo            07-27-2004, 8:07 PM Reply   
ive been looking to pick up a new boat but i dont really know what company to go with. i have 25-30k to spend. i want something that will last me a while and give me a good wakeboarding boat. it doesnt need to be the top of the line but i want something with some options. any input would be helpfully. thanks
Old    jetpilot313            07-27-2004, 8:17 PM Reply   
either older mastercraft, malibu or nautique
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-27-2004, 8:40 PM Reply   
look for 2 or 3 year old direct drive boats with wake board hulls such as supra launch, malibu wakesetter, or mobius. Or get a 4-5 year old V-drive. Either way, try to get one with internal ballast. Just look around for boats with wakeboaring in mind. Normally the wake shape is good, you just have to add weight to make it big.
Old    woopededoo            07-27-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
If you want NEW then the only choice you will find in that price range is something by Moomba. Althought its not a pure wakeboard boat, the base outback is in that price range. You might find a LSV or mobius in that range also, which is more for wakeboardin.
Old     (boarditup)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-28-2004, 5:28 AM Reply   
In that price range, new or hold-over: Gekko, Sanger, Moomba. Being a Gekko dealer, I would steer you to the Gekko first, the Sanger second, the Moomba third.

Good luck in your search. Let me know if you want Gekko info.

rider@boarditup.com