Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
We make them in all colors too!

Lake Lites (Clear)
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-14-2004, 11:13 AM Reply   
how much ?
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
$295.00 for the Lake Lites.
New web site will be up and running in August.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-14-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
Nice concept but, where are you going to hide the wires?

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-14-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
Great question! The same place that you hide everyone's wires for the lights in the tower.

Even if you use an aluminum tube the wires still come out of the lights and have to go to the tower. So no one has a completely hidden wireless light bar.
But you have got me thinking.
GREAT IDEA
Old     (whitlecj)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-14-2004, 7:29 PM Reply   
When will these lights be available and are you going to provide any type of warranty. The plastic part worries me a little.

(Message edited by whitlecj on July 14, 2004)
Old     (alan)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-15-2004, 4:25 PM Reply   
They a available now and yes there is a warranty.
There lights not a army issue weapon....ooooh Glock? I have a camera mount with a camera on it on my boat and the camera takes the daily use and abuse. So I really don't think that the plastic is a issue. Plus most every light out in the industry is made of a lesser plastic.
I understand your concern. We will stand behind them.

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-15-2004, 6:45 PM Reply   
Here's an idea for the wiring...

Line bore the plastic and run a couple solid copper rods inside it. Tap the rods at each mounting point for the lights, one mount bolt is the positive, the other is the negative terminal. Nothing looks like wiring but the lights work! Same concept as some low voltage lighting or model trains.

Another idea is to machine copper buss bars so they are the supports instead of the plastic. Support and wiring in the same structure, just mount them on isolators.