Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (tws_andrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-24-2006, 11:13 PM Reply   
I posted this over at themalibucrew.com and also wanted to post here because that forum is a bit dead.

We took our new Wakesetter 23 LSV out for the second time today and have a few questions about the ballast and wedge guages. Here are my questions. I will ask the dealer but I have found this site to be very helpful and I am just wondering if others have had any of these issues and if there are easy solutions that don't require a trip to the dealer. I will check my owners manual but it is at the office right now.

First off the guage readings on the front and middle ballast seem flaky. They would read erratically at times.

Second, the mid ballast quit working halfway through the second trip. It reads full and will not empty or fill. Is there a way to reset

Third. I am having issues with the wedge guage and getting the wedge to go up and down as expected. The guy who did the demo mentioned something about toggling the wedge switch when I turn the boat on and off so the guage would have the correct position but I am not completely sure what he meant. It worked most of the time but a few times I could not get it out of the down position without turning off the key.

Last. When surfing we liked the wake with the wedge in the half down position. When doing this each time I would take off I would get the warning that the wedge is going up for a few seconds on takeoff.

If these have been posted about I apologize. I did a quick search and didn't find the answer.

Overall I love the boat. I am coming from an 02 MC xstar(x2). Thanks for your help
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-24-2006, 11:40 PM Reply   
As far as the guages for the ballast, give up on them. Seriously! I quit using them after about a week. Just fill all your ballast until they are overflowing. With a bit of practice, you can tell which are full, and how long they take. Rears fill up pretty quick, followed by the bow tank. Center takes the longest. There is no need as far as I know, to NOT have them full. That's the point, right? To weight the boat. A couple hundred pounds less by not completely filling one just does not make sense. Fill those tanks. You will be glad you did. If you are pulling kids or beginners, just empty them. Still a smoking wake when empty. If you want to empty one for surfing, just empty it until it stops flowing. Much easier than a guage. I put a ton of hours on my VLX, and fill/empty all the time. No problems.

Can't help with the wedge. I have a manual one.

Have fun!
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       05-25-2006, 12:37 AM Reply   
i think that the wedge is supposed to be full up or full down half down sounds like it would get ripped off
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-25-2006, 12:13 PM Reply   
^^The power wedge definately can be set at half way... which is ideal for surfing