Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (bakenwake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-19-2009, 7:27 PM Reply   
do u guys think some cables are just to high. so at owc i can do 7s, petes, crowmobe,ect everytime off the kickers tampa makes that stuff harder but i can still pull it off. but when i went to wake nations the cable is WAY to high ya air tricks are alot easier but i could barly even land blind on air tricks and especialy off kickers. i didnt even land one mobe. personaly i would like to see more cables built like owc. what do u think about this
Old     (jdwake1)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
I think you're probably just use to one cable that is built with the obstacles not to far out on a low cable and going somewhere else might be different for you, trust me I feel the same way when I go to different cables other than my own it's just getting out of your comfort zone. One of the best parts of having cables is not having rules like it has to be X high and everything X far away from the cable. It would be pretty lame if every park said ok this is the set standard and everyone has to do the same thing as the next, look at skateparks!
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-19-2009, 8:46 PM Reply   
I like tall cables.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2009, 11:51 PM Reply   
As a skater, I hate the shorter ropes. I come off a box, and it feels like I'm just being pulled off my board. I always wait for a long rope when I'm at OKC.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-20-2009, 4:20 AM Reply   
The more varied cables are the better. It makes each one a unique ride. Sure maybe you won't be able to land your old tricks as comfortably but maybe you'll learn new different ones.
More variety makes you a better rider and most importantly makes it more fun.
OWC is actually pretty low compared to most cables.
Old     (bakenwake)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-20-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
no one else feels like it breaks your arm on blind landings
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 8:57 PM Reply   
High cables are the bomb!!
You just have to get used to it.Your the first person ive heard say that they prefer lower cables,but each to there own.
All new cables going up should be minimum 9-10m & should have shorter straights to keep the cables tight,the old cable parks used to have straights of 310m for a slalom course which is why those cables swing back & forth more then any of these new ones that are going up.
When i first came to cwc i found all my tricks easier except my roll 2 blinds which i kept crashing,ive since worked it out & now when i ride older lower cables,it is so much more work to get air & ya go much lower!!.
If wake nations cable is high & tight then i cant wait to go ride there some day.
Old     (reuben)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-26-2009, 9:00 PM Reply   
Another thing,try waiting longer & getting out beside the cable before taking of for any blind tricks & wait longer before going to blind especially on a tight cable,this is the easiest place to land blind & u will wont get as hard of a pull.
Each cable has its sweet spots which u just have to work out.
Old    lessons?            07-27-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
Yeah going from a cable ride back to the boat takes some adaptation as well (my boat riding gets all screwed up)it usually takes me a ride or two to get back into the swing of the boat, but it is so worth it for the frequency you get behind the cable and all the rails :-)
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-27-2009, 6:47 AM Reply   
Funny most of the European riders thinks OWC sux?? Lot of them at the WWA cable tour stop were complaining about it.