Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2008, 4:33 PM Reply   
To the thread from Darren about the new MC dealer in seattle??? i cant find it now, did it get taken off? maybe he wasnt supposed to let the photo of the concept showroom out to the public?? i dunnoo
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-10-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
wondered the same thing

that wasn't a concept photo though...

that's a photo of the MC Dealer near Spokane, WA

http://www.utahwatersports.com/showroom_washighton.php
Old     (waterfreak)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2008, 4:45 PM Reply   
I am guessing he deleted it because it wasn't suppose to be known yet or something to that effect. If it is the same dealership as Spokane (the picture above) that dealer also owns one in Utah I believe. I have been to the Spokane dealership many times and it is sweet building inside and right off I-90 so everyone looks right into those windows as they pass by on the freeway.

edit; duhhh the web address has Utah in it above so definately from Utah

(Message edited by waterfreak on June 10, 2008)
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2008, 4:55 PM Reply   
haha nice one waterfreak lol, but yeah that looks saweett! I cant wait, Darrens a great guy, always there to help, Copes in seattle on the other handdd... I wont go there. But I thought thats why it disappeared, he probably wasnt supposed to release that info and stuff. Oh well cant wait!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-10-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
AS far as I know Copes has no part of Mastercraft now in the Seattle area. Last week the guys moved every Mastercraft from the Woodinville and Sumner Stores to Issaquah. The lot in Issaquah is filled to brim with boats.

Personally I think this is a great move by Mastercraft. From what I have heard the Utah and Spokane Mastercraft dealerships are top notch. If you look at the best tournament boat dealerships in the Seattle area the ones that do the best and last the longest are the ones who focus just on the one brand. Bakes and Pacific Nautiques are both top notch dealers and have been around forever. It will be nice to see MAstercraft have some stability in the northwest. There has been 4 or 5 Mastercraft dealerships in Seattle in the last 10 to 15 years.

Darren also knows his stuff and is someone who is involved in watersking, wakeboarding, surfing and wakeskating. When I worked with him he really took care of his customers and he also a really honest guy.

Good Luck Darren.

(Message edited by polarbill on June 10, 2008)
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-10-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
Yeah brett you said it, he came out with us on our x-star to get our wake dialed and make sure we were happy. And yeah i agree that was a very good move by mc, to put it bluntly, Copes sucks. Me and my pops are so fed up with them. Darrens an awesome guy though no questions ask, he puts in the extra effort to make his customer happy.
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2008, 6:36 PM Reply   
I found the website earlier today.....it was so cool. Can't find it now....anyone else see it?
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-10-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
Googled it...here it is

http://www.mastercraftseattle.com/index.php
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       06-11-2008, 9:27 PM Reply   
Interesting. Utah watersports is the largest MC dealership west of the Mississippi and 6th largest in the nation ( I was told by the salesman last year)
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-11-2008, 11:07 PM Reply   
I hope that they keep Darren Lamont; he is by far the best MC rep we have met. I hope they build a kick a** place for the rest of us.
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2008, 6:41 PM Reply   
for sure, He's great.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-12-2008, 9:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments guys!! I think the post was taken down because it was kind of free advertising, which I understand.
It is a very exciting time for Mastercraft in the Seattle area. The guys from Spokane/Utah have some really big plans and are 100% committed to Mastercraft customers. Check out the website to see whats coming soon.
Right now, I am in Issaquah with all the MCs and we are doing some much needed updates to the current store. Come by and visit.
Thanks again!
Old     (x2fanatic)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-12-2008, 10:23 PM Reply   
You deserve it- I've never worked with someone so committed to getting it done right. I'll have to change my username now....thanks to you! I know others have said it, but we really appreciate all of your help.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-12-2008, 10:26 PM Reply   
i want to sell my boat just so i can buy one from that place
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-13-2008, 8:00 AM Reply   
And the crowd roarrss as Darren finally rises in this thread haha. But Darren once I get insured on my car I'll drive to the shop and maybe get myself some new gear and pay you and the guys a visit. I need to get my Ones molded so I'll bring that to you guys as well. Keep up the good work man!
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2008, 10:09 AM Reply   
Twitch & X2fanatic,
Make sure to keep July 12th clear. We are going to have a really great event coming.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-13-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
hey pick me! pick me!!
Old     (themxercr85)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-13-2008, 10:46 AM Reply   
What could it be?! I leave for lake chelan the 14th so maybe july 12 could add some toys to the fleet of me I'll for sure keep it open.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
And BTW...
http://www.mastercraftseattle.com/news.php?id=20
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-13-2008, 1:58 PM Reply   
To be honest considering MC is now basically priced like the Bentley of Ski/Wake boats all MC dealers should look like this. Hot chicks in the sales department and wine in coolers. Pamper me if I am buying a 205v hull for $45,000.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-13-2008, 2:07 PM Reply   
errrr... $45K would be a good deal
Old     (bob_l)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-13-2008, 3:05 PM Reply   
Darren:

Just curious. Do you guys (MC) have certain criteria when taking away or replacing a dealership? Are decisions to remove a dealership based on the lack of units sold or based on customer satisfaction surveys? Do you guys handle things like Harley Davidson and force them to meet certain criteria with show rooms, investments, etc.? I am not on the west coast and my questions have nothing to do with the dealer(s) mentioned in this post.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2008, 6:32 PM Reply   
Bob,I work for the dealer, and the decision to add or remove a dealership is discussed between Mastercraft and the dealership owners.* Someday I hope to be in those discussions, but for now I am just a lowly salesman.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
Bruce!!
I just saw your profile pic. That thing is awesome. I love all white boats, we are doing one this year for the wakeboard school boat. We need to get that X-2 decal off and put on the new chrome MC decals.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
Utah Watersports is a top notch dealer. I very much enjoyed my dealings with them(though my business went to Taylor's and a CC). Assume Mr. Sorenson is spreading his wings.....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-13-2008, 6:51 PM Reply   
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa5289/is_200702/ai_n21232461

Yep.....
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-13-2008, 7:46 PM Reply   
hey thanks darren. yeah, i got pretty lucky and found something i really liked. :-) i'd be interested in talking to you about doing that. i've actually thought about it, but was wondering what do i'd do with the MC stickers on the rear sides. ditch 'em? if i left them, just wondering if it would look redundant or dumb. shoot me an email and thanks again!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-14-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
hey darren

i emailed you back last night, and then again this morning. the one from this morning got bounced back and said your mail server didn't allow relaying or something like that. thought i'd let you know. i'll try and resend it later. just wondering if the decals you're talking about are the same one's and same size as on the rear of doug's boat? think they're big enough for the center of my hull or are there bigger?
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-14-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Bruce,
I have a new email. darren@mastercraftseattle.com

Copes cancelled my old one.

The decals on Doug's boat are the biggest they make, we can size them up and figure out something.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-16-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
True on the $45k was just being optimistic.