Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-02-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
So I go onto iTunes to play some music on the computer, but all my songs are gone/erased. There is not one of my 350 songs which means that it is about $200 down the drain. Is there anything I can do to get them back? Any help is needed.
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-02-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Are they on your iPod?
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-02-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
Yah they are on my iPod.
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2007, 6:25 AM Reply   
Get SharePod and rip your tunes back to your PC. Then import them back into iTunes. Then resync back to iPod.

http://www.sturm.net.nz/website.phpSection=iPod+Programs&Page=SharePod
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-03-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
Or just get rid of that stupid ass program and get something better. Like mediamonkey or something of the like. iTunes sucks because they have to be in the itunes format and if you want to burn them to cd you have to convert them. I use mediamonkey and I just open it and select which music i want and click transfer to ipod. Then if i want to burn it to a cd , I select the same music and select burn to cd. None of that copy protection BS. And with itunes if your friends want any music you have to convert them to mp3 then burn a cd then load it on their machine then into itunes then to the ipod. With other programs you just plug it in and it auto recognizes the ipod and you just transfer the music to it. I have 2 ipods and my girlfriend has 1 and with mediamonkey I can plug anyone of them into the same computer and transfer music to them.

Sorry for the rant but I hate iTunes with a passion, if you cant tell :-)
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-03-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
or download LimeWire and stop paying for songs all together
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       10-03-2007, 11:01 AM Reply   
I transfered my tunes from Ipod back to computer when I bought a new laptop and it worked like a charm.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-03-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
By the way here is a link for media monkey. And did i mention it is free? :-)

http://filehippo.com/download_mediamonkey/
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-03-2007, 4:56 PM Reply   
I got Limewire and downloaded 30 songs so I guess I will do that and the Sharepod.

(Message edited by brody on October 03, 2007)
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       10-03-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
can you do that with the free limewire?
or do you haveta have the pay for version?
Old     (brody)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-03-2007, 7:01 PM Reply   
Its all free downloads on the Limewire I have.
Old     (cbass)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-04-2007, 6:36 AM Reply   
If you want a good program for downloading music get uTorrent. I have not used limewire for awhile but had alot of problems with people putting trojans and other viruses in the music. uTorrent lets you download the whole track at one time instead of trying to find each song.