Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       06-21-2007, 12:54 PM Reply   
how do i learn to do an invert? which should i start with? Can i just go out this week end and go for a tantrum???
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-21-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
yup... then post a video :-)
Old     (guitsboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-22-2007, 6:45 AM Reply   
I say start with a tantrum. The falls are much easier than some of the other options. Who wants to catch the nose on an under-rotated backroll. Read up all the howto's and give it a shot. Once you work up the yarbles to try the first one, youll get past the mental hurdle and try them over and over.

But I do love a good crash video... :-)
Old     (jpboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2007, 6:14 PM Reply   
I would try the tantrum first, much less painful falls.

On the tantrum cut out about 20-25 feet outside the wake. Then cut pretty hard back towards the wake in a seated position, and once you are about 4 feet from the wake let off your edge and flatten out the board. Begin to stand tall, and when you get to the trough, let go with your back hand and begin to really use your legs. Once your reach the wake you will want to stand tall and slightly go on your toe-side edge to get "tripped". Make sure to pop and then square up your back shoulder so it is parallel to the wake, then look straight back and begin the back-flip. For the landing you should look through your legs and spot the water.
Old     (eliotflydog)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-29-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
if u can backflip on a trampoline then u can deffinatly tantrum
Old     (joshturner)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
can you spin? if you honestly can't do all your 180's and are comfortable riding switch then dont bother with an invert. I can speak from experience that it really does you no good. flips are easy. you will go learn one and if you skip all your switch riding and simple spins liek 180's and 360's then all you are doing is giving yourself a fasle sence of how good you realy are. you will do flips and fall on toeside 180's. learn the basics then do a tantrum. if you can do all that comfortably then go for it. it just saves you a a lot of boring riding later