Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-27-2013, 7:03 PM Reply   
Just as it says. What would you pay for an 05 Sanger v215 with 160hrs.

Looking to upgrade to a vdrive from my elite DD and may have a decent line on this Sanger.
I'm really not as partial to brand as I am to price.

So, what's about market price on these things?

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-27-2013, 7:11 PM Reply   
there are a couple for sale on CL over the hill from you (Reno) for 25 and 26250 respectively, both loaded up with ballast and perfect pass.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-27-2013, 7:17 PM Reply   
What would a rippin deal price be on this boat, one not to pass up, and an offer not to scare off the seller?

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-27-2013, 7:26 PM Reply   
That would really depend on the boat. Condition, hours and options compared to the ones for 25 and 26.5. If those are priced right and all things are equal lets say 20K is a smoking deal!!

I can 100% say you can never predict what a seller might do. Some will take 1000's less and some will act insulted and turn their back if you offer $500 less than an over inflated asking price. Start low and offer what you want to pay. You can always come up, but you can't go down. Some people own their boats outright and want them gone and will take way less, while others financed the whole thing and are into it up to their eyes and probably have it listed at a price that has them losing money already.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-27-2013, 7:35 PM Reply   
Im pretty sure this person needs to get rid of it and needs the cash. Id be into it at 19k and would be ok with that price.
So we will see where it goes.

Was trying to figure out what these boats are worth and 19k doesn't sound too far off I suppose.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by Jmorlan; 08-27-2013 at 7:45 PM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-27-2013, 8:02 PM Reply   
if it has ballast and perfect pass I think that's an awesome deal. If it doesn't, it's still a pretty darn good deal.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-27-2013, 8:13 PM Reply   
Would 17 be possible you think? Or am I pushing it and should be happy if I can scoop it up at 19.
I know it has some kind of factory ballast set up, perfect pass I'm not sure on.
It's not the most desirable design as it has those tribal looking flames on the side. Are those decals or in the gel coat?

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-27-2013, 8:27 PM Reply   
IMO anything less than 25k is stealing it. They are a great boat
Old     (Jed)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-27-2013, 8:39 PM Reply   
Those are really great boats. Close personal friend owns one & I've spent a lot of time in it 19k would be stealing it.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-27-2013, 11:02 PM Reply   
$19k would be a great deal for a '05 V215....buy, buy! If you don't like the boat, sell it and you will make money! If the guy is dumb enough to take $17k, more power to ya!

The tribal graphics are not in the gelcoat.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-28-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
I would pay as much as I was willing to pay and could afford for said boat.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-28-2013, 8:32 AM Reply   
The purchase will be cash. I'm willing to pay 19k.
The purpose of the thread was to figure whether the 19k offer was of ballpark value of the boat.
I wanted to find out if 19 was realistic without overpaying, as well as not coming in too low to scare the seller off.

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-28-2013, 9:11 AM Reply   
If it looks like mine, the flame graphics ARE in the gel coat. 19K would be a screaming deal. That is pretty low hours, but if it is loaded up (PP, etc), and in good condition it should be worth considerably more IMO

Last edited by camassanger; 08-28-2013 at 9:13 AM.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-28-2013, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
The purchase will be cash. I'm willing to pay 19k.
The purpose of the thread was to figure whether the 19k offer was of ballpark value of the boat.
I wanted to find out if 19 was realistic without overpaying, as well as not coming in too low to scare the seller off.

Its a 2005 v-drive. Realistically, it is a 23-25k boat. Without having a firm grasp on pricing that I feel I have on late 90s early 2000s MCs and Nautis, I can't say for sure, but low 20s sounds like a steal. If you get it for less than 20, that would be a deal ranking up there with the 16k dollar Supra 20Vs etc...
Old    cheesesteak            08-28-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
Agreed on the "flames" being in the gel coat - the big Sanger V215 should be a decal / sticker that you can remove.

That's a really good deal at $25K, and, given the boating season is nearing it's end - even here in NorCal, I would think you'd be able to get that boat somewhere in the low 20K's. Anything below $20K, in my opinion, is an absolute steal. To be honest - If the boat is really in good shape (well-maintained) - and has low hours - and I was selling it - and you offered me $17K or $19K, I wouldn't return your calls. I'd hang on to it and sell it for a few thousand more in the Spring.

This guy might bite - you never know but you do run the risk of him telling you to pound sand.

Just curious - Is this the boat on CL in Sparks?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-28-2013, 10:26 AM Reply   
The boat is not listed on any for sale site like eBay, Craigslist, etc.

That's a bummer I can't get those nasty tribal-flame looking graphics off.
Now I have no option but to buy it cheap and wrap it. May not be such a deal after all.

Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-28-2013, 2:44 PM Reply   
If the flames are the ones in the 'eclipse' style with a big Sanger in an oval at the front of them, that is all decal.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-28-2013, 3:15 PM Reply   
If the flames on it are like the red one seen here they ARE in the gel coat
If it is like the blue one then it is a decal

Either way it's a steal. I wouldn't sell my 2006 with 450 hrs for anywhere near that
Attached Images

Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-28-2013, 5:49 PM Reply   
19k is a steal go grab it!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-28-2013, 6:07 PM Reply   
those gel flames don't really look that bad at all.
Old     (scott)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-28-2013, 9:52 PM Reply   
My V230 are blue, and they are in the gel coat like the red one!
Old     (scott)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-28-2013, 9:58 PM Reply   
My V230,
Attached Images

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-28-2013, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHolloway View Post
19k is a steal go grab it!
im workin on it! gotta ease into this one if I want it at that price, more than likely once the season is over, ill be in like flin.
Old     (Brendon444)      Join Date: Jul 2011       08-28-2013, 11:22 PM Reply   
Good luck, what is the asking price? I wouldn't sell my Sanger for anything close to 19k.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 8:24 AM Reply   
How decent of a wave do these things put out for surf?
No perfect pass in this one, but it does have a factory ballast set up. I am not sure of the capacity, and neither is the seller however. Haha.
It does have the graphic in the gel coat, white with silver graphic.
We just might have a deal done today on this.

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-29-2013, 8:31 AM Reply   
To me a nice condition, low hour, moderately equipped 2005 V215 is worth somewhere between 25-30k. A perfect color, loaded, low hour, mint 05 V215 might peak out at 35k or so.

If this boat is in anything above fair condition and isn't purple and yellow or some horrible color combo I think 19K is an absolute steal. I think trying to get it for 17k is just getting greedy. If you can get it for that though props to you.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-29-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
To me a nice condition, low hour, moderately equipped 2005 V215 is worth somewhere between 25-30k. A perfect color, loaded, low hour, mint 05 V215 might peak out at 35k or so.

If this boat is in anything above fair condition and isn't purple and yellow or some horrible color combo I think 19K is an absolute steal. I think trying to get it for 17k is just getting greedy. If you can get it for that though props to you.
x2
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-29-2013, 8:51 AM Reply   
I know where you can get this 05 Sanger 230 for $26,500... Pristine condition.
Attached Images

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 9:26 AM Reply   
Also, how well do these hold their value? Will I be be able to get 23-24k out of it in 2-3 years?

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-29-2013, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Also, how well do these hold their value? Will I be be able to get 23-24k out of it in 2-3 years?

Dang dude you want to beat the seller down with a lead pipe and be sure you can sell at a profit later?

*** I think ANY vdrive in good shape with tower ballast and perfect pass will fetch low to mid 20s in spring. It's the rare boat of any stripe that you see for under 20 that meets those three criteria.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 9:35 AM Reply   
This is not perfect pass equipped.
Is this going to hurt the audience when I decide to move on from this boat?

Not exactly profit, but yes, I would like to get back out of it without losing money.

This boat is not a boat of choice, it is a boat of decent pricing that I'm willing to pick up. So paying anything more, id rather get a boat that I like the looks of as well, not just the price.

If that makes sense.

Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-29-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Quote:

Not exactly profit, but yes, I would like to get back out of it without losing money.

This boat is not a boat of choice, it is a boat of decent pricing that I'm willing to pick up. So paying anything more, id rather get a boat that I like the looks of as well, not just the price.
It's a steal at $19K, plain and simple. You should be able to get at least $19K out of it in 2-3 years, depending on how you treat the boat of course.

Perfect pass or similar products can be had under $1500, there's room at a $19K price point to make the upgrade.

I personally really like the V215 and would certainly figure out how to pick this one up if I was in the market right now,

If this isn't the boat you want then pass. Boats are not generally good investments so hoping to buy and flip is a flawed plan.
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-29-2013, 10:22 AM Reply   
If the ballast setup is the same as my 2006 then it should have 250# hard tanks in the rear lockers and a 500# sac under the floor in front. Can't you buy perfect pass for about $600 and install it yourself? Otherwise I was quoted $1100 from a dealership to buy it and get installed FYI. I can tell you if you swap the 250# tanks out for 750# bags and throw another 900ish on the front seats with that stock 500# bag the wake is awesome! Also get the acme 911 prop and it will pull 3000# out of the hole easily. The wake is so user friendly with a good size transition and just the right amount of kick at the top. Everyone that rides my boat says they really like the wake and that is coming from owners of VLX's, 210's, MB's and A22's. I'm not saying the V215 wake is better than those boats but I prefer mine(except the MB, that wake is awesome). IMO you would be wasting money to pay $40K for a malibu in the same year range but you gotta get what your happy with. Good luck.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2013, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:

If that makes sense.

I don't believe you.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 10:36 AM Reply   
I'm not sure what there is not to believe?

I'm looking to upgrade from a direct drive I bought the beginning of this year.
(Was my first boat)
Now I'm looking to get into a vdrive, however id rather get a good price and settle for a brand, rather than paying insane amounts of money that I will never get back, just to get exactly what I want.
So yes, I would like to pick this up, use it for 1 or 2 summers, and get my money back out of it.
What's hard to believe about that?

Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-29-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
In no way is a Sanger "settling". They are incredibly well built, have excellent wakes and handle anything you can throw at them. You may not like the flames on the side but if you can swing it at that price, you are far ahead of the game, regardless of any flamejob.

You just better hope someone else doesn't swoop on the deal while you try and get the perfect price. As many have said here, you could likely pay $25k and still break even after a few years. How great a deal must you get? Is it worth missing a smoking deal for a few grand and a flamejob?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2013, 11:35 AM Reply   
Just do it already. It's already been determined that the price is $3-5,000 better than market value. The boat is well-built and excellent quality for the price range. What do you need, a lose-no-money guarantee? A $3-5,000 cushion isn't enough? You have other similar/better deals to choose from?

No offense, just providing motivation...
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-29-2013, 12:10 PM Reply   
So you have a chance to get a great deal on a great boat and instead of pulling the trigger like everyone says you should do you are bickerin g about being able to make 4k on it after 2-3 years? Jeez I hope someone else catches up to whoever is selling the boat and snatches it out from under you and pays 20k for it...
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 12:17 PM Reply   
No I'm not waiting. The seller came and talked to me this morning, again. After we talked yesterday. We agreed on a price and it should be done this afternoon.

Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-29-2013, 12:27 PM Reply   
^Sweet!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2013, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
No I'm not waiting. The seller came and talked to me this morning, again. After we talked yesterday. We agreed on a price and it should be done this afternoon.

What was that price? I want to hear about and see this deal of the summer
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 2:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
What was that price? I want to hear about and see this deal of the summer
Umadbro? You seem mad.

Look, the purpose of this thread was not to get panties in a wad.
It was to see if the price I had in mind was ballpark to purchase a boat. And also learn some quick background knowledge, in a quick manner, on a boat I knew very little about.

Not to get everyone's jimmies in a jumble.

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-29-2013, 3:01 PM Reply   
but howdja do? Can't leave us hanging like that man!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-29-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
The final purchase price won't be discussed.
I appreciate the info though guys!

Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-29-2013, 3:18 PM Reply   
Wait...seriously? All that about how much can you hammer the guy down to and you are refusing to share how much you got it for?

I'm a capitalist, and I realize that will hurt your resale chances, if by chance the person searches wakeworld before buying from you, but that's kind of chitty.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-29-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
Congrats, I predict after a summer of ownership you love it and realise what great value that boat is @ anything below 25k. IMO they don't drop much value over time because they are very very good value at new and most people tend to own Sangers for the long haul rather than flip them year or two like is more common with the big 3 boat owners. It means the supply of second hand Sangers is quite small which helps keep the values up.
Old     (MattAlz33)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-29-2013, 4:41 PM Reply   
I was in a similar situation earlier this year. I had a Malibu Response I sold to upgrade to a vdrive as well. I saw a great deal on a Sanger V210 and was hesitant at first as well. I rode behind one like ten years ago and remembered liking the wake, but I was having a tough time pulling the trigger. I drove it and rode behind it and decided it was exactly what I wanted and snatched it up. I couldn't be happier. Surfing behind it is a breeze. I can surf behind it with a few hundred ballast, my wife and a spotter, who weigh a little over a buck twenty each.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2013, 6:59 PM Reply   
Quote:

Pics or it didn't happen.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-30-2013, 12:26 AM Reply   
I agree ^^^^^
Old     (petrey10)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2013, 9:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigtxmc View Post
I know where you can get this 05 Sanger 230 for $26,500... Pristine condition.
Where you located? I'm interested
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-30-2013, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:

What a douche. After all you guys helping with numbers and he won't even give you the satisfaction of knowing the outcome. Some people suck.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-30-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
J, was this the one listed on humbolt craigslist awhile ago?
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-30-2013, 12:24 PM Reply   
Pete - that one is in Fort Worth TX. I believe TXMC is helping sell it.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-30-2013, 1:55 PM Reply   
So your basically not saying because your going to flip the boat in the spring, right?? If you were going to use it for 2 years what you paid wouldn't matter.

You must think it matters what you paid if your going to flip it. Doesn't. Either someone is willing to pay what you ask or their not. Shouldn't ever matter what you paid. Many of these boats are appreciating with the cost of new rising very rapidly. I buy and sell a couple dozen boats most years. Many need some work, but some don't. People sometimes ask what I paid and I just politely change the subject.

Normally I would say its nobody's business, but when you start a thread like this and want everyone to do research for you and pat you on the back for being so lucky...I'd say it's only fair to share what you paid. By not makes you look like, well, kind of a jerk.
Old     (Rip)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-30-2013, 2:09 PM Reply   
its my boat he hasnt paid **** if he still wants it he will pay 25k
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-30-2013, 2:17 PM Reply   
How did you happen to stumble across this thread? Looks like you are a new member as of today. Good thing you saw this before you sold to cheap and let the guy flip your boat!!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-30-2013, 2:19 PM Reply   
Good! Don't let your boat slip away for nothing. $25k is a fair price even in fair/good condition. If it's good/excellent then close to $30k even without PP.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2013, 2:23 PM Reply   
Actually I think 25 is pretty optimistic this time of year especially given the one in reno for 25 with perfect pass. But 22-23.5? Totally. And maybe 26 come spring/boat show season.
Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-30-2013, 2:24 PM Reply   
I havnt seen alot of 05-06's not move at the 30k mark, 25k is a fair price but even then it will prob sit for a bit. Probably not what I would pay buy I dont think a 215 is "my boat" really. post it up on here Cam, or at least CL...
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-30-2013, 2:24 PM Reply   
Our 230 sold. That boat was in pristine conditon. That V-drive price range is hard to find in such good condtion. We'd take many more of them honestly..
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-30-2013, 2:54 PM Reply   
I'm sure at 22K someone will scoop it up if you list it.

Not to doubt you, but just seems odd you joined the day after(about an hour ago) the guy said the deal was done and are now saying he is an idiot and your not selling to him. But you will take 22K. He claimed you agreed on a price and the deal was done. Is that not true?
Old     (canucked)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-30-2013, 2:58 PM Reply   
can we see pictures of this boat by any chance?
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 3:04 PM Reply   
I did not say the deal was done, I offered 20k and figured that was more than a fair price, considering these boats are selling, actually selling in the 22-23 range. People are asking 25-26, but they are not moving at that price. People can ask what they want, but they are not selling.
I simply said whatever price was agreed upon, would not be discussed.
No I didn't want to screw anyone to flip for a profit, no I didn't want an ego boost on a good deal.
Did I want to keep it for a few years without losing money? Yes. But I also offered to sell it back at the price I paid if things got better and the seller decided they wanted a boat again.
I was asking for information about a boat I knew nothing about, without overpaying, and without pissing off the seller.
I wanted to get it done quick, because I fly out for a trip at 4am and needed to unload my boat at an auction.

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-30-2013, 3:15 PM Reply   
"No I'm not waiting. The seller came and talked to me this morning, again. After we talked yesterday. We agreed on a price and it should be done this afternoon. "

Thats what you wrote!! Seller is saying you never agreed on a price....which is it? Or are you 2 just the same person????
Old    cheesesteak            08-30-2013, 4:05 PM Reply   
To the seller - put it on criagslist. You'll sell it quick in the low $20K range and should get mid-$20s. Clean it up and get some nice pictures.
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-30-2013, 4:07 PM Reply   
FYI I just sold my 04 V210 for more than your estimate about 2 weeks ago. It was in near perfect condition with only 140hours and did have perfect pass stargazer. I'm just saying this because some people here seem to think that these and the V215s should go for less than 25k, but it's just crazy. At least around here in Seattle, there's not much in nice condition between 20-30k, usually they're selling DD for <20k and VDrive for >30k, at least from the prices on craigslist. I sold my boat in less than two weeks from the date I listed it and had 3 serious buyers (the one who came up with the cash first got it). I don't agree that they're moving for 22-23, at least not anywhere around here.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 4:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberworks View Post
FYI I just sold my 04 V210 for more than your estimate about 2 weeks ago. It was in near perfect condition with only 140hours and did have perfect pass stargazer. I'm just saying this because some people here seem to think that these and the V215s should go for less than 25k, but it's just crazy. At least around here in Seattle, there's not much in nice condition between 20-30k, usually they're selling DD for 30k, at least from the prices on craigslist. I sold my boat in less than two weeks from the date I listed it and had 3 serious buyers (the one who came up with the cash first got it). I don't agree that they're moving for 22-23, at least not anywhere around here.
This boat does not have perfect pass, and is not in perfect condition.
Also, you keep mentioning Craigslist ASKING prices, dare I ask you to call everyone and ask what each boat has SOLD for?
I have cash in my pocket now, and no matter what people say on Craigslist over the phone, because anyone who has sold on Craigslist knows that everyone "has the cash" in a text message.
But those who show up with the ACTUAL money in their pocket, slim.
Someone will tell you no to X offer on the phone, but show up and put down a stack of money see where that offer goes.

I'm just saying, 25-26k for that boat is an insane price, and like Ben said, it is not the exact forever boat id be looking for. If I'm paying north of 26k, id get something that I REALLY want.

21k is top of the mark and its a fair price. The boat is not in perfect condition and has mismatched stereo components throughout, has some rips and stains in the vinyl, and no perfect pass.
I don't think I'm being outrageous.
But then again I'm not one of the dudes in this thread that owns a Sanger and thinks their boat is worth more than it is.

Last edited by Jmorlan; 08-30-2013 at 4:23 PM.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 4:33 PM Reply   
I don't want this thread turning into a ****storm.

I thought we had a price set upon, and I was waiting to give the seller that price.
I guess I was wrong.

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-30-2013, 4:39 PM Reply   
See I'm confused because you say you had a price set and the seller says he never agreed to your price. If he did and now he's taking that back because he had a change of heart then that is really poor on him. So what was the price. Post it up and lets see what cameron has to say about it.
Old    cheesesteak            08-30-2013, 4:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
This boat does not have perfect pass, and is not in perfect condition.
Also, you keep mentioning Craigslist ASKING prices, dare I ask you to call everyone and ask what each boat has SOLD for?
I have cash in my pocket now, and no matter what people say on Craigslist over the phone, because anyone who has sold on Craigslist knows that everyone "has the cash" in a text message.
But those who show up with the ACTUAL money in their pocket, slim.
Someone will tell you no to X offer on the phone, but show up and put down a stack of money see where that offer goes.

I'm just saying, 25-26k for that boat is an insane price, and like Ben said, it is not the exact forever boat id be looking for. If I'm paying north of 26k, id get something that I REALLY want.

21k is top of the mark and its a fair price. The boat is not in perfect condition and has mismatched stereo components throughout, has some rips and stains in the vinyl, and no perfect pass.
I don't think I'm being outrageous.
But then again I'm not one of the dudes in this thread that owns a Sanger and thinks their boat is worth more than it is.
Without pics and a full description - it's hard to give a good price.

You can probably get this one at your price -

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/4035928530.html
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 4:44 PM Reply   
But I will tell you, at the prices some of these guys say that these Sangers bring, they are full of it.

This is 3 years newer, has a fiberglass swim deck, and snap in carpet for 28k..
Id be a buyer on this personally. But I am not THAT guy looking SPECIFICALLY for a Sanger. And I made that clear in the beginning of the thread.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/bod/3984698830.html

Old     (BenHolloway)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-30-2013, 4:49 PM Reply   
That falcon is a deal J, if I didnt surf so much I would be picking it up...
Old    cheesesteak            08-30-2013, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
But I will tell you, at the prices some of these guys say that these Sangers bring, they are full of it.

This is 3 years newer, has a fiberglass swim deck, and snap in carpet for 28k..
Id be a buyer on this personally. But I am not THAT guy looking SPECIFICALLY for a Sanger. And I made that clear in the beginning of the thread.

http://kpr.craigslist.org/bod/3984698830.html

That boat is $29,400 - not $28K. Is the motor rebuilt? It says 9 hours on the motor . . .

If its a steal go get it.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2013, 8:09 PM Reply   
Hoisted with his own petard.
Old     (davidggriffith)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-30-2013, 8:28 PM Reply   
I have 2006 215 with 170 hrs on it it's loaded My dealer said I could get 33 to 36000.00
For it
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
I'd like to see the bill of sale when it sells for that

Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-30-2013, 9:07 PM Reply   
Not sure the big deal about perfect pass. Mine didn't come with it. I bought one through a boat place in Portland over the phone for ~$1000 and installed it myself in a few hours.
Old     (Rip)      Join Date: Aug 2013       08-31-2013, 12:32 AM Reply   
JMwhatever you need to shut the **** up
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-31-2013, 6:32 AM Reply   
Gotta love how JM comes on here saying he doesn't know anything about these Sangers but all the sudden he's a pricing expert. Boats depreciate, you trying to buy it and keep it for three years and either make money or break even speaks to the fact that you're trying to rip it. You're expecting him to eat that depreciation for you. It's pretty obvious you're trying to take advantage of a guy that's struggling financially. It's also pretty obvious that you're trying to best down the price here so that he'll hopefully sell it cheaper even though you've got several guys speaking to the contrary.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-31-2013, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:

Quote:
I'd like to see the bill of sale when it sells for that

MORON. You are such a moron.

Quote:
WE DON'T CARE