Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-07-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
My girl wants a wakeboard to have for next year. I have absolutely no clue about womens boards and was going to post but if the implants thread can only get a handful of responses I'm sure this one would fail too.

Shes not ever going to seriously ride but wants something to get out and tool around on.

5'6"
105lbs

Packages or blank ideas would be great but was really looking at blanks so she can pick out her own bindings

gator haven
gator lexy
Hyperlite divine
LF diva

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated just found these decently priced.

Thanks
Old     (Orange)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-07-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
My girl wants a wakeboard to have for next year. I have absolutely no clue about womens boards and was going to post but if the implants thread can only get a handful of responses I'm sure this one would fail too.

Shes not ever going to seriously ride but wants something to get out and tool around on.

5'6"
105lbs

Packages or blank ideas would be great but was really looking at blanks so she can pick out her own bindings

gator haven
gator lexy
Hyperlite divine
LF diva

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated just found these decently priced.

Thanks
Several good sources have told me there is NO difference between men and women for what board should work for them, so the main difference you'll see with women's boards is graphics. Bindings are a different story as men and women have different shaped feet and lower legs.

My personal favorites for fun boards for beginner to intermediate riders are the Hyperlite State or Ronix Vault. Both are made with slightly accentuated toe side fins to aid newer riders on their weaker toeside riding. Both are easily capable of W2W jumps, basic inverts, etc. if the rider starts professing quickly, but they are not advanced level boards. Both should be very affordable if you are willing to get a 2012 or even 2011 model. For her size a 134 would be great or even a 130.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-07-2012, 9:11 AM Reply   
She wouldn't know the difference between an 06' and 12 board. She liked my old 138 watson but complained it felt too big/heavy. Sure that was mostly complaining to get her own board

Last edited by williamburell; 12-07-2012 at 9:17 AM.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-07-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
I bought my wife her first board for her birthday this year. She went from an older-than-dirt mens CWB 137 to a 2010 Hyperlite Jade. She loves the way the new board is lighter and of course the girly pink graphics. The board supposedly has a designated toe and heel edge, but she doesn't notice that at all. EVO still has a few for $179 which is hard to beat. Here's a link to it if you feel like checking it out:

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboards..._134_Image.jpg

Best of luck!
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-07-2012, 11:33 AM Reply   
Regardles of what they say they are going to want one that is pretty. I would go Hyperlite or slingshot. Just my .02..
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-07-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
buy the obrien skyla, overtons and gandermountain has on sale for 199 now, pro board that rides super smooth, my girl loves hers
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-07-2012, 1:37 PM Reply   
All of the above are great boards.I would add the LF Jett to the mix.The 130 to 134 cm range is good.EVO.COM has great deals on all their wake boards now.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       12-07-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
I was in the same boat last year. After looking around for a while I found Liquid Playground had some awesome christmas deals. I got her a board and vest for christmas. then later in the year went with her to local boardshop and let her pick out whatever bindings she wanted. that seemed to workout great.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-10-2012, 10:50 AM Reply   
WHAT A BIA! Get a call today. She found this post lol
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-10-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
That sucks real bad!!! Lol but funny. U need to learn to be more covert

At least she now knows u think shes a complainer lol
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-10-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
shes claiming she was looking for ideas for me.

Hey hun I want a new boat............get on it
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       12-10-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
WakeWorld is like fight club.....
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       12-10-2012, 1:57 PM Reply   
Nice, My wife doesn't even know WW exist.
Old     (MIKEnNC)      Join Date: Nov 2012       12-10-2012, 5:52 PM Reply   
Lol, my fiancé either
Old     (JayManAR)      Join Date: Dec 2012       12-11-2012, 12:48 PM Reply   
I bought mine a Hyperlite Jade also, 134. She loves the design/colors and its a great fit for her. I also ordered the Jinx boots with it and seems to be a great package.
Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-11-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
Check out the LF Angel, my girl is about the same height and weight as yours and rides the 138 with LF Melissa bindings.
Attached Images

Old     (kiwichick)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-11-2012, 11:02 PM Reply   
The LF Jett is a great board, but I mostly ride the Watson Classic and absolutely LOVE it (134). I'm about the same size as your wife.
Just thought I'd add a women's opinion on here. Of course, graphics usually matter more. My first board was all the about the graphics. Now it's more about the sweet ride. LOL.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       12-12-2012, 10:14 AM Reply   
I ride a watson 138 and she didn't care for it. I got her a board but for snooping I canceled it. I have now ordered her leopard patterned pants and driving miss daisy hats
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            12-12-2012, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
I ride a watson 138 and she didn't care for it. I got her a board but for snooping I canceled it. I have now ordered her leopard patterned pants and driving miss daisy hats
Your 138 would also be too big for her, may have been part of her not liking it.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-12-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
This is a bargain imho

http://www.evo.com/outlet/wakeboards...mens-2011.aspx