Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-14-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
I'm just sitting here at the office, planning out our new boats, and there are always those past boats that stand out. I really miss my last Bu. Maybe it was because I kept it for longer than 1 season but dang that and a couple other boats really stand out in memory. Not because of the brand, just because it was a reliable ride. That was a great boat! I was sad to leave it with the new owner last fall. Anyone else get attached to your ride?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-14-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
I almost got a little misty-eyed when I sold my first boat... till I saw my new boat.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-14-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I still have the 88 Ski Nautique 2001 that my Dad bought in 1988. I have so many great memories from it as a kid. Of course there are all the great times at the lake but my Dad would even have monthly interviews with me in the boat in the garage to see how my life was going.

There may be flashier, roomier, stronger boats out there, and I really enjoy riding in and behind them, but I really love my family's Nautique.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-14-2008, 9:47 AM Reply   
I still miss my old Moomba.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-14-2008, 9:59 AM Reply   
Yes, I definitely do. It sucks. But once the new one rolls into the driveway it becomes a fond memory!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-14-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
our old hydrodyne was awesome... just bulletproof, but one set with the 210 and it wasn't to hard to say goodbye
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       02-14-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
It would be a sad day for me if we ever had to sell the sanger v210 that I grew up riding behind. That boat has been so good to us for so long, most of my greatest memories involve that boat in one way or another.
Funny story about our boat: My dad loves ice cream sundaes, and throughout childhood he would always find ways to get me to make one for him while he kicked back after a long day. When we were boat shopping I was in 5th grade, and I told him that if he would buy the Sanger I would make him sundaes any time he wanted as long as he wanted. He bought the boat, i'm 23 now, and any time I'm home he still hits me up for a sundae, and I still gladly make them for him.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-14-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
Yes, still have my 1st and only boat, also an 88 ski nautique 2001. Definitely attached to the fact it was paid off the day I bought it...that probably won't happen with the next boat I get!
Old    kidrik            02-14-2008, 10:54 AM Reply   
I think my wife gets a little jealous at times.............

Then I asked her which one got driven more?
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-14-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
Everytime I go to the garage to rub on her, my wife says go play with your baby! And Im thinking she never yells at me!! Ha ha
Old     (zoah)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-14-2008, 12:45 PM Reply   
I'm getting attached to my boat quickly.

I drove halfway across the country to pick it up. Ended up getting a great deal on it thinking there was a huge issue with it. Found out it was nothing major and put many of hours on it last year.

This year it's getting an all new interior and a wrap to make it even more "mine".
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-14-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
I kind of depends on the boat. Some of mine have been like a job..... you had to have it, but it was fine to see it go away too. Others you put your heart & soul into modding things, making it yours. I had my 205 for 7 yrs & converted it from a slalom boat to a SkySki boat. It was a 1994 & people complemented it all the time saying how nice it was, even 10 yrs later.
I still see that boat on the lake now..... the new owner is an idiot & drives like one, tows tubes in loops all over the lake, has kids hanging out while at speed, etc. People come up to me & ask when I started driving like that. I have to tell them I sold the boat & thats the new owner.
Old     (wakepete)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-14-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
I have a love hate. I love it when everything runs well but the damn things can own you when things go wrong.

I always start the year off excited to ride and end the year excited to put the boat away for awhile and get on with life. You use it enough crap goes wrong and in the summer it takes awhile to get it fixed. The dealer is so busy trying roll boats down the road and get the new ones ready.

I like wakeboarding but its nice to just go with someone else. Let them worry about dealing with the boat.

Even routine stuff gets old gas , oil, propellers, wax, worrying about it at the dock,worrying about leaving it overnight in the water, putting the cover on and off, unloading all your stuff when you go to a restaurant, oh you spilled your beer ill clean it up later, go ahead everyone eat lunch in the boat ill clean it up later, whats wrong with the stereo, whats that noise, who left the wet towels in the storage compartment its full of mold, who cleaned up beer with the towels and left them in the boat, werent they going to fix that. the list goes on for days. Im not negative but its a commitment to be a boat owner.

But I am pumped to do it all over again!! End of FEB is when we start pulling the boats out of storage. Im ready for another season hopefully this year isnt too expensive!

(Message edited by wakepete on February 14, 2008)

Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-14-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
Its very safe to say that my boat is my Mistress. I think about my XLV very day. I 've moved to nashville from atlanta and the boats still at the lakehouse there. I miss it more than some of my friends. If I could store it at my home in the garage I think I'd spend to much money doing projects in it that it does'nt need. Kelly says I have "boat on the brain" I like the xstar I saw at the boatshow and am glad I can't afford to be 80 thousand in debt. I may have boat envy but I love my banana.