Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2007, 8:06 PM Reply   
Okay, I am obviously an idiot, but there is no book to figure out my issue. Cannot convert RAW to JPG? I finish post processing and that is not one of my options.........?????

Anyway....day one and I am lost.......
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-12-2007, 8:28 PM Reply   
Figured it out by way of Dragon88 from WBer....

Thanks Dragon88.....

EDIT- Dragon88 post

Check to make sure you're converting your images from 16 bit to 8 bit before attempting to save them as JPEG.

Image>Mode>8 bit

(Message edited by Deuce on October 12, 2007)
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-13-2007, 12:57 AM Reply   
EJ, I convert to tiff(from DPP) and edit in tiff, then only convert to jpeg as my final web output. IMHO you should only have a jpeg as a final web output. You lose quality just opening a jpeg in photoshop(or any other program)
Old     (bakes5)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-13-2007, 5:39 AM Reply   
You don't lose quality "just opening" a JPEG. You lose the quality whenever you save it.

Bakes
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-13-2007, 6:40 AM Reply   
Does Dr. Brown's image processor (a PS plugin free on the Adobe site) work with PS6? If I remember correctly it worked well when converting lots of RAW files in PS.
Old     (cmawsr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-13-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
I may have misread something. But(like you said) you will have to save if you do any edits. So starting with a tiff is a better option if you have disk space and memory

(Message edited by cmawsr on October 13, 2007)

(Message edited by cmawsr on October 13, 2007)
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-13-2007, 4:42 PM Reply   
So if I was going to take a file to Costco to have them print up poster size, how should I be saving the file?