Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-21-2005, 3:33 AM Reply   
I just wanted to show some love to No Fear (http://www.nofear.com) as they have just signed on as sponsors of WakeWorld. Another great company supporting our site and your habit. :-)

They are working on a full wakeboard website with all their team riders at http://www.nofearwake.com. It's still got some holes, but you can check out the Valdez boys, Phillip Soven, Clint Tomkins, Zane Schwenk, Ricky G and more.

Let me know what you think of the website.
Old    wakelurker            10-21-2005, 3:44 AM Reply   
Welcome No Fear.... Ride, Rock and Roll!
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2005, 4:41 AM Reply   
What about some discounts?

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       10-21-2005, 10:08 AM Reply   
Their support helps us to discount this website down to the low, low price of free! :-)
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-21-2005, 6:32 PM Reply   
We LOVE No Fear!!! Great to see them part of the Wakeworld family!
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-21-2005, 8:23 PM Reply   
I just got off their website. Had to order those devil boardshorts. Too awesome.
Old    wsrmatt            10-22-2005, 4:10 AM Reply   
williams is riding for no fear. in my opinion hes alot better then rick g or the valdez ams. i saw rick g and him going horse one day a year ago riding doubles and williams was teachin him some stuff
Old     (mikel)      Join Date: Nov 2004       10-22-2005, 9:17 AM Reply   
Keep in mind that sponsorship is not always about who is the best rider...though the younger Valdez does have two world championships under his belt which No Fear probably likes.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-22-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
Hi Matt, you are so right, Chris Williams is an awesome rider and a great friend. But as Mike said, (and you probably already know) it is not about WHO is the best, especially because of the age difference and the fact that they ride for the same team.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       10-23-2005, 1:14 AM Reply   
Old    wsrmatt            10-23-2005, 2:10 AM Reply   
valdez you are totally right and ur kids definately rip it up. what ive learned in action sports and all sports is it is not who is best but who promotes themselves the right way. ive just seen alot of the wakeboard politcis over the years but always stayed low having fun for sure but ive always thought chris was a great rider. im going to try and upload some old school footage i have of chris williams when he used to ride for cwb. he was riding this orange board called the twist but im surprised at the level of riding back then for that age group. its on an older style 8mm camera so ive been having trouble getting it into my computer but chris does a ts 7, hs 7, kgb, switch kgb, roll to blind both switch and normal, moby dick, crow mobe, whirly, switch raley, method backmobe, and a blind rodeo 5. those r the tricks i think are cool in this vid especially since its along time ago but once i get this to work you gotta check it out. the footage is from 8 years ago when he was 15 but still all the big mobes into the flats look good. i also got some good footage of him on that spray board in 99
Old    wsrmatt            10-23-2005, 12:21 PM Reply   
i cant seem to figure out how to upload footage from an olderstyle camera. my firewire isnt registering the camera. if anyone knows or can help me upload some footage thatd be cool. i also have good footage of the open class at canyon lake like 6 years ago. its got ricky g, chris williams, randy harris, his brother brandon harris, ryan augustine, keith kipp, damien klass, brian francis, kyle murphy, cody hall, and cody ramsey. randy, chris and kyle murphy ride the best in the contest. kyle murphy does a kgb back into a dumb dumb and that was like 6 years ago in the open division. chris does like 4 mobes in his pass and a whirly and randy does a blind 7 off the double up and a huge switch method crowmobe. good oldschool contest footage.
Old    wsrmatt            10-23-2005, 12:23 PM Reply   
i also got some good old contest footage from canyon lake when they had the contests in the jump lagoon and larry harris(randy dad) was always around. cody hall and his brother have long hippy hair then. haha
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-23-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
no fear is my drink of choice, anyone who has ever ridden with me knows that. Taste way better than redbull.....

Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-24-2005, 4:59 PM Reply   
Hey Matt, I remember those days, when Kyle Murphys' parents would come out in their motorhome and his sister would ride too. Our joke with Kyle is that we knew him before he had armpit hair! LOL!
We used to bring out our motorhome and run the concessions way back when. Cody Ramsey was one of my favorite riders. Such a sweet guy. That was before Ricky had all his tats and Larry Harris would hang out all day. Kelly Kingman would be judging and we would have the team challenges. One of my favorite memories was on a team challenge and Damien and Darrin rode at the same time. All I remember is looking down towards the starting dock and seeing Damien in a huge raley over Darrins head. I also remember Cody Hall as a grom, and Ryan Augustine when he was still in high school. Thanks for the memories, it seems like yesterday, and yet sooo long ago.

OK, back to No Fear........
Old    wsrmatt            10-25-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
yeah darrin medly would do some good backside spins back then. i might be way off but seriously i think he invented some crazy trick like toesdie wrapped up. maybe a wrapped toeside roll to blind but that was so long ago. maybe its in that daily dose vid. anyway how sick would it be to bring together all the guys from back in the day and do like an oldschool canyon lake contest. get cody ramsey, cody hall, travis hall, mike schwenne, chris williams, damien klass and darrin medley, randy harris, ricky gonzales, tom van arsdale,brian francis, kyle murphy, keith kipp, augie. i still need help uploading old footage too if anyone knows how to use older cameras editing.