Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
I just bought some new bindings a couple months ago. i got the Hyperlite Belmonts. i was riding and my foot felt loose, i look down and my Option Strap looks weird.

i get onto the boat and the part you put the strap through to make it tight and velcro it broke right off.

what can i do about this w/o buying new bindings.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
take it back to the shop or contact hyperlite about warrenty... Usually you can send it in and they will fix it
Old     (sethenol)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
Call Hyperlite, my friend had the same thing happen and they replaced it free but he had to pay for the shipping.
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2004, 9:09 AM Reply   
but then i wont have a binding for some time
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
it looks like you dont have them to ride right now either... things break.. there is a time period that it takes to fix them...
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-01-2004, 10:06 AM Reply   
It took Hyperlite 8 weeks to get my bindings back to me.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-01-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
That is BS!!! No company should make you wait more than a minute to get a defective piece of merchandise in order. When I worked at a shop we'd inspect the faulty product and if we had the part we'd fix it in house. If not we'd walk over to the box stack and hand the customer a brand new set. We would then deal with the warranty issue. If I was faced with no bindings for two months I'd demand a new pair, if that didn't work I'd demand a refund and go with a company that has a little better customer service. Totally unacceptable.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2004, 10:45 AM Reply   
hello I'm hyperlite! we havent meet!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2004, 10:55 AM Reply   
phil, if you don't have any luck w/ the customer service rep @hyperlite, lemme know. my friend works there and can make sure you're not w/o bindings for 8 freakin' weeks.

8 weeks...that's a load of crap!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-01-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   

quote:

there is a time period that it takes to fix them

8 weeks? what the hell are you smoking?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
joe are you talking to me or face planter?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2004, 11:43 AM Reply   
I've heard plenty of 8 week horror stories for repairs. A good board shop (like Ski World in Castro Valley) would have that fixed for you before your next ride, without having to deal with the manufacturer. Especially when something breaks after 2 months.
Old    leslisa            07-01-2004, 11:47 AM Reply   
Ouch, yeah, I think Performance would fix them for us too. They are pretty cool about everything I buy from them and have gone out of their way a couple of times to help me out.

Phil - Have you already tried going back to the shop from which you purchased the bindings?

Lisa
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-01-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Phil, the shop you bought them from should be able to replace the part for free in minutes. Even if they made you buy a new part it should only cost $25 and you can replace it yourself. Then send the broken one back to Hyperlite and get another for free.

If your shop won't fix it for free then you should spend your money elswhere next time.
Old    wakegiantcom            07-01-2004, 5:05 PM Reply   
hey phil ill fix it for you as long as you send me the part and ill send a new one back and take care of the warrenty on my end..
shawn@wakegiant.com
let me know
Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       07-01-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
Ahh but the shipping is what brings the bill up.
Old    larkin            07-02-2004, 4:55 AM Reply   
Ahhh, customer service. American Boat Center in Knoxville is awesome. I purchased a jet pilot vest from a different dealer and the waist strap broke, Ryan from ABC replaced it without question.

When shops take care of you, they know that the next time you look for equipment, you will call them first.
The vest cost my shop almost nothing to replace and I've spent over $1,000 with them in the past year because of it.