Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-19-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
I am looking to buy a 2005 or 2006 2500HD Duramax with less than 45k miles for under $35k. White, silver or charcoal are the colors and want one that is optioned out with the excetion of sunroof and rear DVD. must be bone stock. I am only doing this as a last resort because I havent been able to find anything at all anywhere else on the internet for the past 9 months or so Ive been looking. So if anyone has one or no someone looking to sell in california pass along the word please. Thanks.
Old     (siuski)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-20-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
I was in the same boat as you. Have you been watching ebay? Also check out dieselplace.com, they have a decent market place. Just a thought, but I just picked up a 08 CCSB LT2 for 38 + ttl. That's only 3k more for a new one. Chevy is trying to outsell Ford this year, so the incentives are pretty good right now.

(Message edited by siuski on February 20, 2008)
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-20-2008, 6:28 AM Reply   
Come on out I have an 06 for 31K with 21Kmiles on the odo. It is an 06, silver, well equipped but there has got to be something closer for you.
Old     (phx07enzo)      Join Date: May 2007       02-20-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
You can have this one for $37K not right on what you asked for but a one hell of a truck. In PHXUpload
Upload
Old     (doug2)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-20-2008, 7:06 AM Reply   
05s had most if not all of the common problems for the LLY. The injector harness, intermediate steering shaft and possible overheating issues come to mind. I would lean towards the 06 for nothing else than the LBZ motor. There are some 06 LLYs but not sure how many. A buddy picked up an 05 with 70k for $23k here in OK last month if that helps.

on edit- the LBZ will have the 6 speed too

(Message edited by doug2 on February 20, 2008)
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-20-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. Ive done my research so I know what I'm looking for but there just seems to be nothing. I'm all over diesel place and craigslist, very hesitant to go the ebay route beacuse I'm scared to commit to a picture and a screen name. Leaning towards 06 with LBZ but know few people with zero problem LLYs so its not out of the question.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-20-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
I picked up my '07.5 Crew Cab LMM for $38k brand new, sticker was was $46,800. I just couldn't see the point in buying an old body style truck with miles on it for $5k less. Something to think about, the used trucks that are only 2 years old are all $30k+ around here (or they were) or you could get a brand new one for that.