Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
So I went Moomba....2007 Outback V Fully Loaded minus Shower and Heater

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/jg440/photo1.jpg

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/jg440/photo.jpg

That not me its the dealer

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/jg440/IMG_0043.jpg

Anyone need a bayliner?

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/jg440/IMG_0045.jpg

How do I imbed images?
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-12-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
that water looks icky! lol

sweetboat!! love the all white!

use the attach imgs button while posting.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
No kidding is that in a mud puddle or something. I've never seen water that nasty..
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-12-2008, 9:16 PM Reply   
thats the Sac river this time o year
Old     (atlmobiuslsv)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-12-2008, 9:40 PM Reply   
nice boat! congrats!
Old     (poland34)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-13-2008, 3:54 AM Reply   
Congrats Jay...That white on white looks sweet. Have fun!!!
Old     (absoluteboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2008, 4:22 AM Reply   
...congrats jay.....sweet and you went with the tandem trailer....very nice!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-13-2008, 5:30 AM Reply   
Very Clean. Congrats!
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-13-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Jay,

I've been following your boat story on here. Its great to see you picked up a new boat. This is the 07 that you were getting a good deal on?

Congratulations, i think the Outback V will be a great boat. I nearly bought one myself. I like the clean look of all white too.

Keep us in the loop this summer on how great it is!

tj_in_kc.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-13-2008, 9:01 AM Reply   
Cool, when are we putting some hours on her?
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2008, 9:07 AM Reply   
TJ

Thanks, yes its the 07 ----For the 10-12K difference from the Vride I couldnt pass it up. Ill be sure to post wake pics. Next Step Stereo------
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       02-13-2008, 9:20 AM Reply   
Jay ~~ (Dumb Question) What would be the difference between a fully loaded Outback V to a Mobious (sp?)? Great looking boat by the way!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-13-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
Congrats... that is a pretty boat...
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-13-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Josh

Dont hold me to this but I believe prior to 2006 the outback V was just a stripped down mobious LSV (no to tower, no ballast etc) if you added all those options it would be a mobious with an outback sticker. Though in 2006 They came out with the New LSV and the Outback V retained the 2005 LSV Hull. So now the Outback V has its own hull type and the 2006 and newer LSV Are considered Mobious
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-13-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
The pic of the two boats in the garage should be your profile pic... too funny!
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-13-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
BTW, I hope those bow lights are water tight... because after we SAC that thing, they will be below the water line!

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/jg440/IMG_0045.jpg

(Message edited by attila916 on February 13, 2008)

(Message edited by attila916 on February 13, 2008)
Old     (jose_cuervo)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-13-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Nice Boat - congrats!
Old     (petexstiz)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-15-2008, 10:49 PM Reply   
just a question why a Moomba?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       02-16-2008, 12:24 AM Reply   
Great boat man, I had an XLV and I love the Moomba boats.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-16-2008, 7:25 AM Reply   
Congrats man, that's sick!
Old     (phenom_1819)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-16-2008, 8:18 AM Reply   
"just a question why a Moomba?"

I'm sure it's because Moomba's kick ass, Pat. I noticed you're an MC dealer and new on this site. Just a couple words of suggestions, Pat: as a dealer, you really should think twice about what you say and how you say it (and I noticed you are in the same market as Jay bought his boat...). Why would you even ask a question like that? If a guy already bought a new boat and is on here celebrating how about you just congratulate him??

Jay, congrats man. You will love your Moomba, and you will love working with Active. They are a great bunch of people...
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-16-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Jay, congrats and nice purchase

Pat, just a question, why be a ? Mastercraft makes such a great boat and it is so sad that there are salesman for Mastercraft that continue to degrade other boats makes.

I have been in sales for 5 years and deal with some of the best hospitals and physicans in this country. In my opinion you should never bash or degrade your competition, b/c you lose business and credibilty.

At this point...It would hard for me to walk into a Mastercraft delaership and cast my economic vote for their porduct. Not b/c they make a sub par boat but b/c a few of their salesman makes the whole company look bad. And yes, Mastercraft makes one of the best boats on the planet for wakeboarding and skiing.
Old     (wakeride26)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-16-2008, 9:32 AM Reply   
I bet at 24 JD bought the x-star himself Got a Supra sold Moomba. you got a sick boat and should be proud of it. Besides your daddy didnt buy it for you.
Old     (tpyle)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-16-2008, 9:51 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new boat. I purchased my Supra new nearly 2 years ago and get that "I can't believe I actually own this" feeling everytime I'm in it. I hope that you will always have that giddy feeling. Welcome to the SC family.

Pat,

I rarely post on this board however you have inspired me...Please use your best sales pitch to explain to all of us STUPID Supra/Moomba owners why we shouldn't have bought our boats. TIA for the schooling.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2008, 10:03 AM Reply   
"just a question why a Moomba?"

Maybe becaue it's twice the boat for the money than your MC?

Go away Pat, and when you come back bring a better attitude.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-16-2008, 10:34 AM Reply   
congrats on the boat
nice looking!

I guess that I kinda miss the point as to why everyone is bashing Pat

is it possible that he wants to know why....to educate himself?

if the answer was service or friendly dealer, he could use that info to improve his facility

if the answer were features, that could be filed under: things to discuss with Mastercraft as to what consumers want

perhaps he should have said congrats first
but I didn't see any brand bashing in his question

but that's just me
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
Everyone has different reasons why they buy the lower priced boats... they usually get questioned by the MC, BU and SAN guys...

Personally... I always buy the cheaper boats.

So when it falls apart in one year... I will go buy another one.

The only problem... neither of my last three boats have had any problems... not even one wee little problem.

I thought for sure that when I would spend $20,000 less that it would fall apart.

Damn it Moomba! Damn it Centurian! Damn it Supreme! Damn it Sanger!

Drop your price and build a cheaper boat!
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-16-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Thanks Everyone!!! I actually Got a laugh this morning.

So Why a Moomba...........Hmmm Because its affordable. For the price point you cant beat it. Trust me I love SAN's MC's, and BU's and if I had the coin MAYBE I would buy it. For now this Moomba works for me for many reasons; First I am not a pro wakeboarder, never will be one and dont inspire to be one. This has all the wake I need and then some, trust me with the 1200 stock ballast it throws one mean wake (I cant wait to get an extra bag for the bow). Second I am friends with people who have MC's SAN's, calabreia's etc, so If I want to ride one Ill drop 20 bucks for a set. Third Its in my price range why should I spend 20-30K more for a boat when i can Comfortably Afford this one. who the hell wants a 600 dollar boat payment!
Fourth Its a huge step up from my bayliner 175!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}
Lastly my wife told me to sell the bayliner and buy a wakeboard boat. In my book thats hella cool!

(Message edited by jay_g on February 16, 2008)
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-16-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
Nice decision, Jay. Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it!

I made a similar decision a few months ago..... to buy the boat I wanted, but a few years old. Ended up with a 2005 that the previous owner had taken very good care of & done a few upgrades. Transferable warranty, less expensive than new, all of the features included.

I guess the point is that you buy the boat based on decisions that you made. If someone is asking simple questions about how the owner came to the conclusion he did.... hey, it's a forum for discussion things like that. No need to hammer a guy for asking questions. Makes this forum look like a bunch of punk ass kids.
Old     (tinytdubb)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-16-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
Jay thats one of the most well formulated responses i've ever heard on these forums. Good for you and congratulations.
Old     (badknees)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-16-2008, 4:21 PM Reply   
Jay, Congrats to you on your purchase.
I'm not for certain, but maybe as a salesman, Pat was just asking for his own idea. Obviously every other wake boat is competition and maybe he wants to understand the competition and why someone would pick what they did, no matter what boat they picked. I haven't seen his other posts, so I'm not sure if anything derogatory has been posted by Pat, but I have dealt with Pat recently, and can tell you that my boat transaction, and delivery was top notch. Yes, I'm sure I have my MC goggles on, but I have dealt plenty with boat dealers in the past, this is my 8th boat!I'm not gloating, the bank account reflects my addiction to new boats!! At any rate, Pat has treated me great, my boat is everything he told me it would be.
If I had wanted to get a Moomba or Supra which I think are also are great boats, I would have gone to AWS in my area, as they are also the other most respected dealer in my area. Great people there as well and will certainly help any way they can. See, Not totally goggled after all.
Any rate, everybody is entitled to their own opinions, as I am mine, but really, Pat isn't bad. After all, we as consumers forget that salesman dealers, reps, etc... have to love there product. Who wouldn't want to believe they have the best product on the market. It is after all there lively hood. For me, I've had MC's before and I know whenever I have an issue it will be resolved in a timely, professional manner which matters most to me.

Sorry to get off track.... Hope you have a great time with your new boat.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-16-2008, 6:13 PM Reply   
Jay good looking boat. Did you get it in Rancho? Thats the only Moomba dlr in Sac right? I really like the all white really clean. And I like your reasoning for buying the boat......Enjoy.
Old     (wakesetter101)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-16-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
Congrats on your new boat. Love that all white.
Moombas are great boats and more people are starting to take note. Great boats with great costumer service what more could you want?
Old     (jay_g)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-17-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Thanks im psyched to take it out. I snapped some pics of it and the tow vehicle

Yes I got it in Rancho and the Bayliner Sold Today!!!!!!!!!!

Upload
Upload

(Message edited by jay_g on February 17, 2008)

(Message edited by jay_g on February 17, 2008)
Old     (littletna)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-17-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
Jay,
Congrats!!! I get my mobius in april. Can't wait!! Pulled by a dodge as well. Enjoy your new boat.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-18-2008, 2:03 AM Reply   
Jay, I read your post above... and I think you are using me! This year each pull will cost you $30 instead of the normal $20.

Congratz man, I can bearly wait to play... Come on mid 70s :-)