Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wiegs)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2011, 2:42 PM Reply   
We have a little one and want to add a bimini for shade on those hot summer days. We have a monster mt1 tower. Looking at the monster cargo or monster bimini. Any feedback on these? Other options? I need the bimini to fold easily.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-24-2011, 3:07 PM Reply   
here's a bimini built by TowerBiminis for the MT1 tower. A little more at 839 and would need measurements. lead time about 3-4 weeks too.
Attached Images

Old     (Jeff)      Join Date: May 2010       05-25-2011, 5:58 AM Reply   
I just bought the above bimini for Ian my Maristar 230 w/ Aerial tower. I've had it for a couple of months now.

-Looks awesome when open. IMHO it looks so good that it improves the overall look of my boat (no pics yet) so much so that from now on I will always have it up when I'm on the water regardless of the state of the sun.
-High quality hardware even with the default plastic end fittings
-Huge compared to the universal options I could have purchased for less money. We are talking about a 23' boat though.

Dislikes:
-No rubber grommets with the clamps and the fit is so tight I couldn't even fit a strip of inner tube between them and the tower legs. This resulted in some scratching when moving things around during install that I need to sand and polish off (Non anodized tower). In hindsight I should have applied electrical tape to the inside diameter of the clamps and probably would have avoided this but I would prefer a nice rubber grommet under the clamps from the manufacturer.

-Folding is a pain. This is mainly due to my speakers but even without them there I'd still have to pop the rear upper support legs loose in order to release the tension then remove the thumb screws on the front bow, bring the front bow to the center and then both to the rear, hold it up while reconnecting the support legs and then wrestle with the boot. I haven't quite gotten the rhythm down but I definitely wouldn't try doing it when windy. The 2nd time out I had someone else driving the boat through a no wake zone and I folded the bimini and I hit the drive in the head with the front bow when the wind gusted.

-Price. It's not terribly priced and the quality is good but it just seems to cost more than it should but I've been known to be cheap. I've never really dealt with anything other than traditional OEM biminis that came with boats like SeaRays and what not so maybe what I've gotten used to as "par for the course" as far as bimini quality is actually far above and beyond what a cheap universal one looks like.
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-25-2011, 8:34 AM Reply   
I like my monster cargo bimini. Its a bit small so shade is as well at times. It goes up as easy as any other bimini I have ever sceen. I like it.