Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (reto)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-05-2004, 5:00 AM Reply   
Iīm searching for a contact to wakeboarders with leg prosthesis!

a friend of mine (16 years old)had an wakeboard accident last year and has now an leg prosthesis below his knee.

i can remember that there was an article in wakeboarding magazine (some years ago) about a group of wakeboarder in the usa with leg prosthesis.

maybe someone can help me to find this article or is in contact with somebody of them.

please contact me via email:

reto@wakeboard1.de

THX a lot!!!

greets from germany
reto
Old     (98_searay)      Join Date: May 2004       07-05-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
was ist loss? ich bin DEUTCH! mein deutch ist nicht so gut. any way i have see ppl with prosthesis snowboards bit i havent seen any 4 wakeboards. i will look 4 you
-otto-
wakeboarder7784@hotmail.com
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-06-2004, 12:04 AM Reply   
Not the article in wakeboarding, but maybe this can help?

http://www.wakeworld.com/articles/2003/bailey.asp
Old    r_dub            07-06-2004, 5:19 AM Reply   
There is this vert skater, I cant remember his name, but he does a lot of demos and such. I have seen him at a couple of Warped tours. Anyway, the guy goes off! I'll try to find something to post, so you can let your friend see it. I know it's not wakewboarding, but I think it would still be very inspirational for your friend.
Old    r_dub            07-06-2004, 6:27 AM Reply   
The skater's name is Jon Comer. Here is a short article about him.
http://www.goletavalleyvoice.com/cgi-bin/sports/readarticle.cgi?article=519

Here is another article about a sponsered snowboarder named Thayne Mahler.
http://thessn.com/snow_11_24.html

Hopefully these can help inspire your friend to overcome his situation.
Old     (reto)      Join Date: Jan 2004       07-06-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
THX for your help so far!

It would be great, if somebody could find the WBM article of this wakeboarder-group in the usa. I lost the issue...

My friend is wakeboarding again (9 month after his accident). But he has some technical problems with his prosthesis (angle of the foot / water). Thatīs why we are searching for some wakeboarders with the same problems!
Old    r_dub            07-06-2004, 7:01 AM Reply   
Oh, thats great that he is up an riding already. I misunderstood. I thought he needed some inspiration to get riding again.