Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Has anyone ridden the latest FT board? I saw one in the shop yesterday and was intrigued. The base is similar to a couple boards from the Origin line, but with a unique tail and tip design. Very cool! I'm going to demo one this weekend. Just curious if anyone has any experiences to share on this board.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-29-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
I saw it in a couple pics and am trying to find out more about them. Whats the deal with this company? Do they have a website or anything. Atleast some pics, the board looked pretty interesting.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-29-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
Kristian. Their site is Fundedtech.com, but there's not much to see there. You can see a shot of the tip at the very bottom of the products/boards page but that's it. Maybe you can contact them for a dealer in your neck of the woods. They are very small-time though.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-29-2004, 9:04 AM Reply   
i just went to their website. not too informative to say the least. but they have to start somewhere.
the boards are balsa though.
keep us posted J-rod.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-29-2004, 10:15 AM Reply   
Thanks J-rod. Sure is an original design, would like to try one.
Old    bobbrock            06-29-2004, 9:38 PM Reply   
I have one. We rode with one of their riders last weekend and we rode his board. Then we got one. We had been riding the new parks. The Funded board is awesome. Really nice pop and the nicest landings I have ever experienced. Hope we see more things to come.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-29-2004, 10:57 PM Reply   
the latest board? so is there a new model or what?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-30-2004, 6:34 AM Reply   
Hey guys. I picked up a demo last night at Skiworld. Here are some picks. Scott, I believe this is their latest board.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2004, 7:38 AM Reply   
let us know how it rides
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-30-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
now thats a spine! very bold design. looks a bit fragile. definately keep us posted.
Old    r_dub            06-30-2004, 8:31 AM Reply   
I think it is so cool that there is a company making everything in house. That is what this sport needs! Snowboarding has already started going through this process with companies like Neversummer and Mervin. Sure there are rider owned companies in both industries, but everything still gets made at the same factories as most of the bigger names. And there is nothing wrong with supporting those companies. But it's just great to see someone doing it all themselves. You have to respect that!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-30-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
yeah that is cool. Only thing about this one is, you're still paying big company prices! This board is 5 hundo. My dealer said the margins are slim. He gives me deals on everything.....except for this board he said! For that price, I hope they handle warranty situations quick!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2004, 8:45 AM Reply   
$500, a little steep for me. Then again it is a one of a kind design.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-30-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
exactly, $500 is a little way too much for that board. Like i was telling J-Rod...only hyperlite, cwb, o'brien or companies that have been around for awhile could charge that kind of price. They are probably just trying to get their money back. I'm sticking with my cwb absolute but that's cool to demo the fundtech but your a sucker if you buy it
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-30-2004, 8:54 AM Reply   
Companies that have been around for a while should have cheaper prices, since they allready have it all up and running. Starting a company is very expensive. It looks like a very quality product and good design.
Old     (sb1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-30-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
I rode this shape for a couple months at the end of last season...great board. The first thing you will notice riding this board is how it's almost frictionless on the water, so it accellerates well and glides across the water even better. Landings are really nice also because of the center spine. On top of all that, it's one of the lightest board I have ever picked up.

Had the inserts never pulled out, I would still be on that bad boy!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-30-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
THats an awesome design... If it rides awesome i would want one... Cant wait to ride it!
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2004, 8:12 AM Reply   
i ended up riding this board with J-Rod yesterday... It was fun board to ride, it had some great tracking and also... Easy to kick out and do surface tricks without being really loose... Had good pop for a continuous board... Overall a very fun board to ride with an original shape!

J-Rod what did you think... thanks for the pull also..
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2004, 10:40 AM Reply   
I thought the board was awesome. Although the base looks really aggressive, it doesn't ride that way, at least not for me. Like Aaron said, "Easy to kick out and do surface tricks without being really loose". It hooks up nice on the landings and straightens out quick whether you're on edge or not. The landings were much softer than ANYTHING I have ridden so far. The board is exceptionally fast. Edging into the wake was effortless.

My only complaint: I thought the board lacked pop. It’s very consistent and smooth, which helped me land everything, but it didn't have the bucking pop my current board delivers. If I rode behind a SAN regularly, this might be the board for me.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-01-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
J-rod I saw that board about a year ago when I did a demo with Josh Smith. I have always wanted to try it now that I know skiworld has it I will have to try it. Josh said that when it gets in the air it becomes very light, is that true?
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-01-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
Yeah it was a very light board... It the air it felt very light.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2004, 11:18 AM Reply   
Hey Squid. I agree. The board is very light weight. You should give it a try. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for driving Aaron. Great job keeping the speed right in all that wind and current.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-01-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
J-rod bring that sucker down to Turloco and I will give a pull. That way I can give it a try.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2004, 12:03 PM Reply   
Squid, Did you mean Turlock? Where do you ride?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-01-2004, 12:06 PM Reply   
sounds like you aren't going to buy one afterall. did you take any pics riding that board?
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-01-2004, 1:20 PM Reply   
J-Rod yep Turlock. I ride Don Pedro and the Delta and also the mudhole.