Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (skatethewake)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-26-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
anyone heard of it / rode one?
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-26-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
Sesitec System 2.0
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-26-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
I've ridden both and was impressed by the ERC.

It is a reverse-engineered 2.0 and solves some of the massive maintainaceissues the earlier 2.0s had, but both systems are very similar and both are American made.
Old     (cramm)      Join Date: Jun 2010       12-27-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
If you want any details on one call Randell Jr. @ Bethy Creek Resort in Riverside, Texas. He is the rep for ERC. I have also rode this cable and think you are going to start seeing them pop up.
Old     (skatethewake)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-27-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
endlessridecable.com check that. Houston Watersports Complex just finished putting in the ERC right next to their sesi 2.0. great side by side comparison. they will have it open for riding whenever it warms up again
Old     (skatethewake)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-27-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
also im pretty positive there will be an ERC setup at the houston boat show
Old     (chrishopf)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-27-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
ummm i believe the system 2 is made in germany Justin..
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-28-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
When the 2.0 guys installed the system at M2 in Houston, Most of the hardware was purchased at local supply houses. They showed up with the legs and electrical box. I doubt the legs were built overseas (seems like any weld-shop could fab them), but the computer might have been.

To be honest, I don't know what percentage has to be made in America to be "Made in America". The ERC is 100% made in Texas.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       01-27-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Are you asking because you want to ride one, or are you looking at them for your own/commercial use?
I've ridden all 3 of the majors and also one that doesn't ever get mentioned that we tested all of last summer. After carefully evaluating all of the major manufacturers (Rixen, ERC, and Sesitec) and the various pros and cons, we went with ERC for the 2 Tower Systems and the Full Size System for several reasons, least of which was that they are 30% less than everyone else. While they don't have the experience that Rixen has (no one does) ERC is the ONLY manufacturer that is 100% American made and has 100% American made parts that are locally available - no "out of stock on cables” or “out of stock on parts” bs to deal with - which can absolutely kill your profits with down time if you are waiting on foreign parts or really flaky people (ask around on this issue and come up with your own opinion) to come through for you. The customer service before and after the sale with ERC is impressive to say it mildly and IMHO is the very best there is. While there is the "cool factor" working with some other manufacturers, obstacle designers, and reps, that doesn't pay your bills if you know who you're target market is (clue: it’s not you reading this or me or even (barley) anyone currently involved in the sport). Bottom line: When you go to a City Council meeting, you want someone next to you like a Blake Hess (Rixen/Cable Wake Parks) or Klint Calongne (ERC) or as in our case - both, that are professional, accountable, knows what they are doing in both business and the design/cool factor, and follows through on their commitments. I’d like to think we have one of the best teams in the history of cable parks but we set all egos aside and even got direct competitors on the same side working towards the bigger picture. These babies are growing fast – just wait and see what’s up over the next 2-4 years!!

Probably way more info that you want if you just want to ride one, but if you are seriously looking at running a cable park, and the risk that comes with spending (or worse borrowing) several million dollars, you better not make a mistake. For that kind of mistake, people tend to disappear! I'm stoked to say we are debt free building our park but we've taken very calculated steps.
Old     (blakehess1)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-28-2011, 7:40 AM Reply   
Let's not forget the only reason cable watersports exists is Bruno Rixen! They had both the first full size and the first straight line system ever!
Old     (Randell_Vincent)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-28-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
I have been running the original ERC prototype at my RV and campground facility (Bethy Creek Resort) here in Texas since May of last year. It really never stopped until the weather turned real cold recently. We pulled 9 sessions of summer camp during the week and had it open to the public on the weekends. My friends and I shredded it almost every day after hours to boot. While the kids don't pull hard on the towers rest assured we did. It's a great 2 tower system and is backed by one of the best familiies I have ever met. As Steve said the profesionalism you recieve when you deal with ERC is top notch. I know what Rixen and Sesitec has done for the cable wakeboarding industry and I would say nothing to undermine their accomplishments and contributions to our sport. Theres always room for 1 more right? If you have a chance to ride ERC try it out, I don't think you will be disappointed.
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       02-03-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
Randell (nice to meet you) and Blake have really good points. Randell, very well said and I can’t agree more with every word. Without those that have gone before us and paved the way, we wouldn’t have what we have today for sure. So let’s give credit where it’s due: Bruno is the original gangster of cables and everyone knows and respects that. Sesitec (and specifically Pat Panakos/the Wake Park Project/and Matt Hickman before he went back to WBM) gave us the 2 Tower craze this past 3 years and really renewed the whole interest in cables, period. While things have been invented, co invented, and simultaneously invented all over the world, the Sesitec 2.0 really put cable wakeboarding on the map and Pat is probably the single biggest push our sport has had these past few years. Seriously, I remember just 4-5 summers ago when “cables were so not cool”.

I’m super stoked to be working with our team and stand by my decisions, but there are several options out there along with some we haven’t mentioned.

Back on point, this is probably way too much info if Thad just wants to ride one! I can’t wait till summer. This whole -20 thing is ridiculous. It’s even too cold here in Colorado to snowboard and I’ve been dying to “test” some of our other stuff!!!