Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-04-2006, 10:50 AM Reply   
Well, the wife bought me a new Inland Surfer (yelloe loogy) wakesurf board last week. Went out yesterday and got up the 3rd time and every time thereafter. However, i found it a lot easier the closer i was to the boat, but never felt slack in the rope at all, but alot less tension the closer to the boat. What is the trick? I was behind my boat (mc prostar 205) had approx 900#'s in the rear and 500#'s on the left side rear... Does any of you surf behind this boat, or have any advice. I have the hang of it and can ride forever,, just nver get any slack in the boat---also how fast are you guys riding --10 felt too slow, 12.5 was about right...Thanks in advance for all your help..
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-04-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
We surf behind a 190. You need to put more weigh on your front foot. that will make you travel faster than the wake. You will get the hang of it and it is a blast once you do your first 15 min. run without the rope!!!Upload
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-04-2006, 11:12 AM Reply   
Oh yea,,,buy the way we ride at 10 1/2...
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-04-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
richard -- how do you weight your boat?
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-04-2006, 12:29 PM Reply   
you probably just had to much weight on the rear of the board. you will get the hang of it but more weight to the front you will go faster and you want to slow up a bit just lean back and it will slow the board a little.
you definately had enough weight. the key is to have now weight on the opposite side of the boat that you are surfing. you may also want to try and have the driver make a very very slight continuous turn towrads the side you are surfing.

it will just takes ome time to get use to it and how to ride with out the rope but once you start riding with no rope it is alot of fun
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-04-2006, 12:59 PM Reply   
think snowboarding when your doin it. very heavy on the front.
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-04-2006, 7:26 PM Reply   
William, do you think he should move weight forward if they have an inboard? Try riding at 10 or 10.5. Put weight on your front foot until the nose of the board is over the corner of the platform, then put weight on your back foot and you'll travel further away from the platform. Put the nose on the platform and catch a free ride. Have someone in the boat throw the rope back to you when you loose the "pocket." You'll get it, it'll take a few times, weight, speed, experience, you'll get it. I just got a yellow loogey, how do you like it?
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-04-2006, 7:57 PM Reply   
brian, thanks for the help.. love the board, don't know how or what to compare it to...but i like it...i will catch on soon, but still had a blast holding the rope... i will try to post pics the next time we go.. pretty cold here-- water was 65 and ambient air was about 44,, but still had a ball...
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       03-04-2006, 8:58 PM Reply   
Hey showtime,
Look on the wakesurfing forum lots of great help there. You really don't want to ride on the swimdeck I would think IMO. Weighting the boat properly will help alot. Most boats require all the weight in the back corner on the side your riding on. Weight forward will lenghten the pocket but will make the size smaller. Properly weighted it will be easy to stay in the pocket without the rope. Hope this helps.
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-05-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
Josh,
In that pic there is 500#'s in the back corner and 4 people.
Old     (showtime)      Join Date: Nov 2005       03-12-2006, 6:38 AM Reply   
went yesterday and rode for quite somtime... weight on the front foot really made the difference. thanks for all the help...