Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 05, 2009

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-22-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
i am looking for the most supportive boots (snowboard style) and the board with the most pop. i live far from dealers and demoing is fairly impossible.

any suggestions?

(i actually got to demo a SS recoil last season and loved it!!)
Old     (wake2wake_66)      Join Date: Nov 2008       12-22-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
The 09 Ronix Ones are the best boots I have ever worn.... The Ronix One board also has a lot of pop.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-22-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
the most supportive boots i've ever ridden (as well as the most comfortable), are without a doubt the Slingshot D2's...anyone else who tells you otherwise most likely has not ridden in them. unlike a lot of other boots they don't really break-down and loose there support either.

the board with the most straight-up pop that i've ridden is the SS Recoil (you have to know how to use it though). if you're looking for a non-flex board with awesome pop i'd recommend the OBrien Player or the Natural.

(Message edited by ironj32 on December 22, 2008)
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-22-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
Flex boards also have more of a snowboard style on the water.
Old     (gunnertom4593)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-22-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
I dont know about the boots, i ride 08 ones and they are not the most supportive but i got them because i like to tweak my grabs.
But for the board the watson or the one are definitely good picks.
And i have heard good things about the recoil.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-22-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
Slingshot d2 - pretty much is a snowboard boot with drain holes -- has an inner liner with laces, like a snowboard boot and is very stiff when all laces are pulled tight.

Board with a ton of pop - Recoil for sure. The board will react great to with SS boots on it.

08' slingshot setups are getting cheap too
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-22-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
jay (ironjay32)-

i had pretty good success on the recoil, what do you mean, "you need to know how to use it? does it come to you with practice, or could you explain it to me? i really like the whole flex vibe!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-22-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Once you figure out how to "Load" the board up before you hit the wake it will pop way harder/higher

if you just cut in and jump it is good but if you can bend it/load it up like pulling back on a slingshot then have it release that energy as you pop off the top of the way you get launched.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       12-22-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
what Nick said. you can get good pop on the Recoil without really fully utilizing it (i think i'm trying to say - just riding it like a traditional board). however, once you figure out how to load and release it off the wake you can get quite-a-bit more air. it is definitely something that comes with practice.
Old     (ncboarderboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-22-2008, 10:38 AM Reply   
the hyperlite 3ds/atlas is a supportive boot
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       12-23-2008, 9:43 AM Reply   
first set on in my slingshot D2s-----> rocked ankle was out for 4 weeks... and it was back to 08 ronix cells for me... pretty much same as ones and most comfy and supportive thing i've ever had on
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-23-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
man, with all the opinions out there, i can't believe this is all the feed back i get?!?!?!

although i do appreciate those that helped!
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-23-2008, 11:39 AM Reply   
Most supportive boot=Hyperlite Marek, most pop board=Byerly Monarch
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-23-2008, 11:44 AM Reply   
08 Ronix One's.
Old     (zach2orjack)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-23-2008, 11:57 AM Reply   
You are asking a question that if you ask 10 people you will get 8 different answers.

Do you want a flex or non-flex board? If you want snowboard type bindings then go with the SS D2s or Floyds. If you go with a SS board get SS bindings. Company also makes flex boards.

If you want a non-flex/traditional board then listen to what the other's have said and do some research. This question has been asked several times on every wakeboarding forum.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       12-23-2008, 12:06 PM Reply   
08/09 CWB Zeus, very stiff supportive binding.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-23-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
Snowboard-like-bindings?

definitely slingshot D2

right down to the way they (can) mount to the board is like a snowboard. (4 hole mounting for slingshot and company)
Old     (tom_paz)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-23-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
most supportive boots = Ronix Cells, not a contest for me. the ss d2's i saw at my local dealer were softer than my season-long-ridden cells (heat molded). hurt my ankles in some 05 parks, got the cells and have been pain free ever since.

board comes down to rider's pref.