Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 28, 2007

Old     (wakechica)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-25-2007, 8:59 AM Reply   
Alright everyone I know I am getting y'alls Nerves with all the boat questions but I don't have any experience riding behind wakeboard boats and I need y'alls help. I'm looking for a boat that i can use even when I make it to doing inverts. I am looking at the Moomba kanga that is for sale on here but I don't know anything about them. The guy said it throws a good wake but I wasn't sure. Does anyone know anything and It sounded like a great deal for 9,500.00. When I get a boat like this it will be a long time before I can afford another one so I want something I can progress with and use when I get to inverts. I don't want to have to go and spend another 20 to 30 thousand on another boat. If you all have any boats you know of that would fit this for less than 18,000.00 that i could find please let me know what kind they are so that i can look around.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-25-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
MM, Im not really sure about the Kanga. But after looking at some pics, it looks like a ski boat. The only real way to tell how good the wake is is to actually go test drive it with some ballast bags.

If 18,000 is your budget, I think there are way better boats for wakeboarding. I have seen Nautique Super Sports (V-drive with the same hull as a Super Air 210) for under that price. Other good boats in that price range are Nautique Sports, Malibu Wakesetters, Nautique 2001 (you can get one of these for under 10k), and a Mastercraft 205.

I would recommend buying one of these boats over the Kanga. If skiing was your thing, the kanga might be a good choice. But why not buy a boat that is known for putting out a good solid wakeboard wake?
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       10-25-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Here is a 205 (same boat as the old xstar) with tower for 17k

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/8/512504.html?1192751582
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-25-2007, 9:35 AM Reply   
I don't know a thing about the Kanga. I do know that you have a lot more options than that though and you should wait for the right boat to fall into your hands and not be an impulse buyer. I waited for over a year to find the right boat for me, (I too had a limit on how much I could spend (20,000) and also wanted a boat that would run for years and could throw a great wake.) Waiting scored me all of these things and more as I stumbled across a 97 sport nautique with only 88 hours that had a monster tower put on it and had been stored inside under a cover. I got into this boat for right under 20,000 and couldn't be happier because it runs great and was very affordable, not to mention that the interior looks perfect the carpet is flawless and the exterior didn't even have a water spot. I just wanted to let you know that there are boats like this out there and if you wait for the right one then you can surely find one that is right for you and will suit your pocket book. Good Luck!!!

Also, if you are looking for good hull shapes look into, sport nautiques, super sport nautiques, older supra launch, MC prostar 205's, older wakesetters, and Im sure there are many others that are well built and put out a good wake in your price range. The ones that I listed above are just boats that I have been in and had a good experiance with the wake. I'll bet others on here have some great suggestions aswell. Again Good Luck
Old     (surf22)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-25-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
im a college student, i bought a 2000 supra launch this year and just financed it as an rv and the payments are 236/month, i paid 21g for it and took out a few extra thousand to buy myself some fat sacs, new boards, etc...it was the best financial thing i ever did, i love my boat's wake and it does everything i want it to do and i consider it a pretty cheap payment compared to my truck and what not.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-26-2007, 12:23 PM Reply   
MM - The Kanga is the closed bow version of the Moomba Outback. Made from 97 to 02. I had a 1998 outback which for 98 was a little better wakeboard wake than the MasterCrafts and Malibus of similar size when loaded down. You would pay 15k for the open bow so 9500 sound pretty good for the same hull. None compare to the Supra Launch like what Nate bought. Here is 99 Launch that my son has for sale at his dealsership ASK FOR NICK for 19.2K http://www.knoxvillewatersports.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?sid=08291742X10K26K2007J2I22I 02JPMQ2904R0&veh=628766