Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-17-2007, 10:38 AM Reply   
So a couple weekends ago, I finally rode without the rope for about 30 seconds which felt like forever to me. Needless to say I was really excited. I've only tried the wakesurfing 2 times before. Then out of nowhere, my 4 year old who is still learning how to swim wanted to surf with Dad. I was blown away. So we gave it a shot. Got up, rode for a sec. He wasn't too sure what to make of it all. But he was pretty stoked after he saw the pictures and saw stoked Dad and Dad's buddy's were for him. I still can't believe he tried it. We'll see if he want's to do it some more. Anyhow, thought I would share. Here are a few pics. Enjoy.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (dgarland0)      Join Date: Apr 2003       08-17-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
Thats awesome. My 5 year old is up surfing as well, posted some pics a few months back. If you can get him out on his home he can start laying on his stomach and then up to his knees and then stand. The kids love it because they are so close to the boat, and the boat goes so slow. Congrats, it such a great feeling to get the kids going!

dg
Old     (deltaboy)      Join Date: Jan 2007       08-17-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
Thats killer, my daughter is hounding me to try and she's 4 also. Got to wait until we get the new board though, maybe next week! Good for him.
Old     (weeds)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-17-2007, 12:15 PM Reply   
Pretty cool, would love to try with my son. Think my wife would be somewhat afraid if we fell. Did you getup the first time? Was your son able to hold his balance?
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-17-2007, 1:13 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. It was definitely a cool day. One that Daddy will remember for sure.

Shawn, My wife was not too sure about it either. Especially that my son can't swim very well. At least he is still in the learning stages. I just told her it would be fine, I was right there with him and just jumped in and did it. I could tell she was a bit nervous. Yeah, got up first time pretty easily. You can see in the pics, I just had him kinda hold onto my legs. He was fine. I totally let go of him at one point and he was good. We didn't ride too long cause I could tell he wasn't too sure about it. I didn't want to freak him out to where he wouldn't want to try it again. How old is your son?
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-17-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
I'm about to get my 5 yr old nephew to try surfing. He can balance on the indo board so I figured hes ready.
AnT, has he been on the balance board? I can only imagine how excited you are. }I'll be thrilled to death if my nephew can do it.
Old     (weeds)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2007, 3:56 AM Reply   
My son will be six...pretty sure he can handle it, he`s been alpine skiing now for two years. Great memories for you and your son, hold on to them, they grow up so fast, congrats!
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-18-2007, 8:14 AM Reply   
Xgirl, he hasn't been on a balance board. To he honest, he doesn't have the greatest balance. Don't think he'd be able to ride by himself at this point. If your nephew can balance like that, I'd say he was more than ready. Good luck.

Shawn, your boy sounds ready. If he's been skiing for a couple years already I'd say give it a shot. Good luck to you as well.

I'll keep working on my boy as long as he's willing. And the wifey doesn't have a heart attack.
Old     (bucnoles)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-18-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
I surf with my 2 year old:
Upload
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-19-2007, 8:12 AM Reply   
Jeremy, that's cool bro. How was it? Was he digging it at first? You can't really tell from that picture. Either way, that's pretty cool. Man, your boy looks big for 2 years old. Give that little man a basketball.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-20-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
i remember the first day my daughter got up on a wakeboard and a surfboard!! she was 10, it may have been the proudest day of my life!! she had the biggest smile on her face i have ever seen!!! i was really glad i was able to share that with her and she enjoyed it as much as i did!!!!!!
Old     (mikeporter2000)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-20-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
Ok, I gotta post a few of my 2 year old. He loves surfing. I have videos of us shredding the wake together with no rope. He can't stop talking about going surfing again. I think we may have a little ripper on our hands! :-)

Upload
Upload
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-21-2007, 3:17 PM Reply   
I got my 5 year old nephew up with me a few weeks ago he loved it.
Old     (wakehog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
Hey AnT
that was a fun day out on the water and very cool that little man tried to surf we will have to do it again.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-22-2007, 6:25 PM Reply   
Brass,
Only if Chad doesn't drive the car or the boat and isn't allowed to provide any sort of directions to or from anyplace. In that case, it's a deal.
Old     (wakehog)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2007, 8:25 PM Reply   
Ya good point, plus we don't want to have another episode of him losing his glasses in the water again. Plus maybe we can get Matt to try and surf.