Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (gandr_nautique)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-20-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
Looking at buying a toyota epic boat 2002 sx. What are everyones opinions good or bad.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-20-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   
They are good, but I am biased;) I have a 2000 Epic D drive and am selling it to buy an 01 SX.

The wake is rampy with a nice peak when you weight it. The ballast system is cool because the tanks are in the floor and take up no storage space. You can still put bags in the compartments beside the engine. There is tons of storage in the boat.

It uses 2-3 GPH, you will like that.
More info here: www.epicmarine.com
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-20-2006, 11:40 PM Reply   
Ride before you buy....
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-20-2006, 11:42 PM Reply   
The lexus v8 seems pretty cool, but i bet getting engine parts is a royal pain in the a$$.

DKJ
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2006, 7:41 AM Reply   
Well, you would lose that bet. The engine is still made and in dang near every Toyota and Lexus vehicle.
I get tune up parts at Autozone. All other parts are available on my site or from a former Toyota Marine dealer, or from a Toyota dealer or Lexus dealer.

There are a lot of marine specific hot rod parts available for the 1UZFE engine from Australia, they love to pull them out of cars and put them in jetboats down there.

PLUS, you only need 1/4 the maintenance of a typical antiquated pushrod V8, the maintenance interval (oil change) is 200 hrs, plugs 1k hrs, etc. It's a Toyota, not a Mariah. Hey, they don't make those anymore, do they? Bet it's hard to get parts.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-22-2006, 9:10 AM Reply   
Your original question was asking if it was a good deal or not. So, what kind of condition? Hours? Price?
Old     (dkjbama92mariah)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-22-2006, 9:17 AM Reply   
Take it easy man. I wasnt raggin your boat. Just making an observation; thats all. BTW, my boat is a Supra, Mariah is the model name.

DKJ
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       07-22-2006, 3:19 PM Reply   
Yes, a completely uninformed observation