Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2006, 9:47 AM Reply   
It was beautiful outside all weekend except for the very end of the day sunday where the wind picked up and then it poured rain at the awards like mad so I missed it.

Lots of free swag, got lots of stuff signed, cute girls, crazy fmx.

Oh yeah, the boarding was good too.

All in all it was a great time in Kelowna. Definately going next year!
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-10-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
I second that!~
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2006, 11:49 AM Reply   
Like they say about Kolowna- everything is great but the riding conditions. Definitely the most fun stop. Definitely the worst riding stop.
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 12:28 PM Reply   
I live in Kelowna and have been every year, it seems like the wind always picks up for the finals. We were watching from the water and it was calm (not flat but pretty good) until the finals started. I wonder why they don't start the finals earlier on in the day than if it's rough they could switch stuff around and have them later. We missed the last bit because we had to get off the water. Yes we did get caught in the rain.
Old    bcanuck            07-10-2006, 3:48 PM Reply   
I had a great time! here is a couple pics from wakefest
image/jpgUpload
w2.jpg (23.1 k)

image/jpgUpload
w3.jpg (18.4 k)

image/jpgUpload
w6.jpg (11.8 k)

image/jpgUpload
w5.jpg (16.8 k)

image/jpgUpload
w1.jpg (12.6 k)
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 5:25 PM Reply   
I could not see the pictures
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-10-2006, 5:59 PM Reply   
me either
Old     (wake_boarder49)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-10-2006, 11:12 PM Reply   
Yeah I was completely soaked through from that rain. I only went from the stage area to my uncles car in the prospera parking lot and I was just drenched.
Old    bcanuck            07-11-2006, 8:22 AM Reply   
not sure why the pics don't work. I tried posting them on Wakeside rides and it worked.