Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 01, 2004

Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-26-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
Somebody has some Evid 6.2s for sale on E-bay with a buy it now of $299 (free shipping). These with a set of Rauls clamps make great tower speakers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3738614728
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2004, 9:16 AM Reply   
That's a killer price for those. Not sure what B-stock is, though. Here's a pic of mine with Raul's clamps. Took only about 10 minutes to put his clamps on. These things are way loud and clear behind the boat. Highly recommend em.
Evid 6.2's w/Raul's clamps on a Titan
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-27-2004, 4:35 PM Reply   
Looks to me like there's room for 2 more topside...

The ones on e-bay are gone. www.audioallies.com still has them for $338 new.
Old    bigd            07-28-2004, 8:04 AM Reply   
I think b-stock means used. Notice he didn't say they were new. That's the kind of crap you have to watch out for on ebay.
Old    zboomer            07-28-2004, 8:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, found this on an electronics web site, "B Stock describes items that are not brand new for one reason or another, i.e. ex-demo, ex-window, customer returns and ex-service."

Sorta lame to not just say "used" in the ad.
Old     (wakemonster)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-28-2004, 12:28 PM Reply   
or "B" stock means, scratch n dent. Still if they sounded good, who would care if they had a scratch on them... I'm gonna keep lookin for a set.
Old     (jmkshm)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-28-2004, 1:17 PM Reply   
How do you run the Evid's off of a car amp since they are 8 ohm and car amps are 4 ohm? Does it affect the sound quality?
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
Ohms is just the resistance. Doesn't really mean that much. You just need good, clean power- same as any speaker. I've got a Kenwood 800.2 amp hooked to it. Don't know what the RMS on it is but it's plenty of power. Check the Electrovoice website for dealers. You can snag these from dealers for under $400. With Raul's clamps I'm in these for about $450. Killer sound for the buck.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-28-2004, 7:00 PM Reply   
Just forget they are 8 Ohms, put 100W or more of RMS power (not peak) at 4 Ohms to each one and you'll be impressed.

We have just posted our new BYOS (bring your own speakers) brakets at http://www.monstertower.com/accessory2brackets.html and would love some feedback. Basically its your speakers, our brackets, ready to install with instructions for the Kicker KB600, ElectroVoice Evid 6.2, Bose 151' and a universal DIY bracket. Sorry about the plug but were still tweaking it and would love some feedback before we start promoting it.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-28-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
I take that back, make that 200W at 4 Ohm. John likely hass 800x2 at 2 Ohm like on my Kicker 800x2 but both will drive 200W at 4 Ohm RMS which is what you need.

Go with a 800x2 amp or a 800x4 and bridge each side.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-28-2004, 9:57 PM Reply   
Those monster brackets look real nice. Rauls clamps are great too but they left some nice scratches in my tower after I moved the speakers. The delrin busings are a great option.

I run my Evids in mono, that way the amp sees the ideal 4 ohm load providing full power to the speakers. This way you can run a cheaper, smaller, amplifier more efficiently. I doubt anybody gets decent imaging from tower speakers anyway.

(Message edited by mikeski on July 28, 2004)