Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-25-2005, 10:34 AM Reply   
I am 5'0" tall with a size 6 foot. I currently have the Hyperlite Split bindings (mini) and they squeeze my foot making my toes go numb. They also are too high on my calf so I can barely get the top cinch closed.

Does anyone know of another binding that is low cut for us shorter women? I have been looking at the Hyperlite Vargas but want to know if there is anything else out there I should consider before spending more money on yet ANOTHER pair of bindings.
Old     (coleebear80)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2005, 11:42 PM Reply   
I'm also a shorty: 5'0" but my foot is a little bigger: size 7. I actually ride the Hyperlite Essence 131 with the Vargas bindings. I am really stoked on the bindings. I used them all last year and didn't have a problem. Before I bought them, I did a lot of research and heard mixed opinions about them. For me, they've been great. Good Luck ;-)
Old     (addictedchick)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-26-2005, 6:19 PM Reply   
The Hyperlite vargas are shorter and wider. I have them, but I have to warn you, your feet come out of them every crash. I'm 5'2 with size 6 ft, so we prob have the same size foot.
Old                04-27-2005, 8:41 AM Reply   
i am totally particular about my bindings and how they fit, etc. tried about 6 pairs before finally buying my most favorite bindings ever.....
liquid force alphas
they are guys bindings in xs or small (can't remember) but they were the only ones that didn't totally dig into my calf, make my foot fall asleep OR fall off when i crashed.
i LOVE them!
and instead of buying new ones just by our rec's, ask your local boardshop if you can just demo a few pairs; it's the best way to go if you're about to spend a few hundred bux;)
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       04-27-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
Thanks everyone for your input.

Shan, how high do the Alpha's come up on your calf? How tall are you?
Old                04-27-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
i am about 5'4" and the alpha's come up to the bottom of my calf; and, hmmm how do i put this and not sound totally lame... i have really strong/dancer calves?? i have guys boots for wakeboarding and snowboarding
Old                05-02-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
i have small feet and i use obrien ions
Old     (gypsy12)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-06-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
I used to have the numb toes problem too, in more than one type of binding. I am 5'4" and wear about a size 8. Anyway, I know they're a bit expensive (I got mine barely used) but the CWB Zeus bindings are the only ones I found that are downright comfy. Love 'em!

(Message edited by gypsy12 on May 06, 2005)
Old                05-11-2005, 9:07 AM Reply   
the liquid force minx were actually made for women, unlike others on the market which are mens boots in pretty colors. on all women our calves are longer than mens and so even being tall, my feet and legs would always cramp up in mens boots. the minx are cut way lower and are intended for women. the small would probably fit you awesome. check out your local shop and see if you can try some on. good luck!
Old                08-30-2005, 12:24 PM Reply   
i just got a set of mini spins, I get the hook up from a friend who sells wakeboard gear and accessories, he always hooks me up with the best fitting gear for my height and size-- I also wear a size 6, I hear the vargas bindings are great- the best thing really is to ask someone who knows alot about the apparel
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-30-2005, 12:33 PM Reply   
I ended up buying some 04 Hyperlite Vargas (mini) and they are SOOOOO much more comfy and I can actually get the top strap cinched!