Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Website Feedback, Suggestions, Problems, Etc.

Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-07-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Sorry for taking up space here, but couldnt find any help on the site:

I cant send PM's. When I type the recipient then toggle to next field, it goes blank...

Did I make it mad?
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
I can't send PM's either. No matter who I put in the recipient field it says 'enter a valid user'.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-07-2010, 11:20 AM Reply   
BUMP - Who can help me (us) with this?
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-07-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
I cant either. I click on the persons name to PM them and it goes to thier profile. Kind of frustrating.
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2010, 4:10 PM Reply   
doesn't matter if I use Firefox or Internet Explorer. Both don't work
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-07-2010, 4:23 PM Reply   
Figured out my problem anyways and probably the problem of the OP. When you click on someones name and then choose send private message it takes you to their user page and pops up a send message box. In this box it fills in the send to name with their actual name. For instance I was trying to PM TIm White of wetsounds and it kept filling in "TIm White" in the send to box instead of his username "wetsounds1". This is no doubt an error on the site's part.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-07-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
They should work again. I had it set up so that you can only message friends, but I quickly realized that's not a good plan. Nic, I just sent you one with no problem. Give it another try.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-07-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Thanks David! Seems to work now
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-07-2010, 9:36 PM Reply   
I tried sending a PM but when I clicked on send, I am not sure if it sent it or not. There was no confirmation and the message just stayed on my screen. Just curious if this is normal.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-07-2010, 10:58 PM Reply   
It should stay there for a second and give you a message that says it was sent.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-14-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
Is the PM feature down again? I have tried to send a PM 3 times and it will not work, plus I have had to log on every time I tried to resend it. It's kind of frustrating. I think I have logged on 10 times in the last half hour.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-15-2010, 1:29 AM Reply   
We did do some maintenance over the weekend that might have shut this down temporarily. If it's still not working, let me know the error you're getting. Thanks.
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-15-2010, 7:24 PM Reply   
Dave,
I got your message, but I can't open it because it keeps asking me to log in every time I click on it. So I am not sure what is going on. Had to log in about 6 times and still cant get to the mssg. I can see you have sent it, but that is all. Hope you can fix this.
Thx
Old     (repo)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-16-2010, 12:17 AM Reply   
Dave,
I got your message, but I can't open it because it keeps asking me to log in every time I click on it. So I am not sure what is going on. Had to log in about 6 times and still cant get to the mssg. I can see you have sent it, but that is all. Hope you can fix this.
Thx

I'm having the same problems I also can't join user groups & everytime I change fields I have to log on again. Its driving me nuts.
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-16-2010, 5:07 PM Reply   
My private messages have again disappeared and I cannot get to them. They briefly appeared earlier this afternoon, but are now gone again. Whats the deal?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-16-2010, 5:45 PM Reply   
Ian, can you give me more detail on exactly what you're doing to make it redirect you like that? The more detail, the better. That way we can figure out how to duplicate it and fix it. Have you tried clicking on one of the Log Out buttons and then exiting your browser before you click on the link in the email? This might solve your logout problem.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-16-2010, 5:46 PM Reply   
Nic, I just logged in as you and got to the PM's without a problem. Can you give me as much detail as possible about the steps you're taking to log in and then view your PM's? That will help us to get to the bottom of it.
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-16-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
Hey David,
Just now when I went to wakeworld.com and the home page loaded I see the "My Wakespace" portion of the home page there on the right. I click on the "2 Messages" link and it brings me to the login screen. I then log in with my correct name/password combo and the screen shakes like I entered something incorrect and brings me back to the log in screen.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-16-2010, 6:18 PM Reply   
Nic, have you tried clicking on one of the Log Out buttons and then exiting your browser before you come back in and login? This might solve your logout problem.
Old     (_vitty_)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-16-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
clicking logout then closing my browser and logging back in did the trick.
Thanks!
Old     (admin)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-16-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
Nice, I think that will solve a lot of the problems we're still seeing. Unfortunately, we've got a few ghosts from early bugs still hanging around. Let me know if you have any other problems. Thanks.