Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
Hey guys im going surfing tomorrow and its only going to be a few guys so we will not have the added weight of lots of people to sit on the side. we want a monster wave!

I have a 2002 Tige 20V with 350# on each side of the motor and a sac under the seats up front which i am guessing is around 250#

Here is what i am considering,

1) old duffle bags filled with river rock and as many weights i can get my hands on.

2) Buying a bunch of jugs of water for as cheap as i can. Or maybe some jimmy cans if i can find them cheap?

What would you guys recommend for cheap ballast?
(please dont say heavy chicks )
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2009, 3:31 PM Reply   
Before we plumbed 750's in the back locker we got 7 gallon water jugs from walmart that we would fill up with lake water and place beside our hard tanks.
Upload
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 3:37 PM Reply   
how much do these guys run for?
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2009, 4:04 PM Reply   
I forget, that was a while ago. I'd guess ~$10 or so?
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
ok i might go run by wally mart and see if i can pick a few up. how many were you running?
I figure i could get 2-3 up front and a few under the pass side console
Old     (wakesurf_ohio)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-10-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
We ran 3-4 in the rear locker and 2 up in the bow and 1-2 on the floor in the corner on top of stock port and center ballast.
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-10-2009, 7:44 PM Reply   
ok. should i nix the rock in a duffle bag idea?
Old     (slimjim44)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-11-2009, 9:46 AM Reply   
If you really want the most monsterest wave, the best bet is to add some lead. Or, if you check around ebay, boardersmall.com bartswatersports.com or others, you can pick up a decent sized sac and pump for like $70-$80. Since you don't like the fat chicks idea...maybe you could go with fat dudes????

(Message edited by slimjim44 on August 11, 2009)
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-11-2009, 2:24 PM Reply   
Buy sacs and a pump. Your just wasting $$$ at walmart. walmart sucks anyway. James has the right idea. Think of it as an investment.
Old     (somebodyelse5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-11-2009, 4:18 PM Reply   
ended up filling 3 5 gal buckets with rocks, 2 baseball bags with rocks, and a duffle bag with rocks. This was just for some quick additional weight. I think we will be getting another sack for up front and going to try to find a hard tank to go under the sack in the surf side locker but probably not till next summer. gotta go back to school in the cold on the 20th
Old     (bigcatpt)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-12-2009, 11:45 PM Reply   
If you want a cheap sac....if you already have a pump.... pick up a cheap twin size air mattress at Walmart and fill it up. I used to have two old ones that had really slow air leaks that worked great for filling with water for ballast.