Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (osealy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-19-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
Just bought a bunch of 03-04 dash gauges off ebay.
Anyone know the pin connections or have a schematic. I hope they're not all bus connections.
I got 4 speedos, do they work off paddle imp's or bus again.
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-19-2009, 5:37 PM Reply   
I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I've got an '04 X2 and the gauges are all run off of a computer. The connections for all of the guages are the same. I would say they are bus connections, but someone more familiar with the actual terminology may be able to chime in.
Old     (trash)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-20-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
From my experience the MC analog gauges are controlled by a computer located somewhere in the dash. The gauges are nothing more than a stepper motor that moves the dial indicator around the face. The computer sends a signal to the gauge telling it to move up or down so many steps. When you first turn the key you can hear the gauges as the computer moves them to their "0" location regardless of whether they are already there or not.

The only thing I don't know is whether the computer sends data to the gauge and the gauge figures out how many steps to move, or if the computer controls the discrete stepping directly. Either way they do not work like how you would expect a normal gauge to work.

Trash
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-20-2009, 9:29 AM Reply   
yep, they are controlled by an MMDC Box. Its a black box about 6 inches wide by 4 or 5 tall.
Old     (osealy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-20-2009, 1:26 PM Reply   
I guess i wasted my money then. My prostar is 1990. Anyone got any ideas what to use them for?
No obscene suggestions. They are too light for paperweights.
Old     (osealy)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-20-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
By the way, Thanks Justin for what I did not want to hear!!!!!