Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-15-2007, 4:16 PM Reply   
Hello all! Just as I thought we might get an early jump to our riding season, Ma Nature has another snowstorm in store for us. So I say, let's go snowboarding!
I'm heading up to Blue Mt. EARLY Saturday morning in hopes of getting the last fresh snow of the season. They are supposed to get at least 6 inches so that's a good incentive.
Anyone in?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-15-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
And I have another question to pose to the jersey wake faithful: Is it still possible to take the safe boating test one time instead of habing to sit through an 8 hour course By this summer all boat operators in New jersey are required to have a safe boating certificate to operate a boat. IS there any easy way to do this?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-15-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
JB,

To get straight answers about the NJ boaters test-out option, call the state police HQ at this number. 609-882-2000 ext. 6170, 6173 or 6181.

Yes, this will be the year they start checking people for their boaters safety certificates. All you boat drivers need to get one.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
So how much snow did everyone get? We got around 4-6 inches depending where you were... actually I would not call it snow it was more like little tiny ice pellets that just built up to 4-6 inches. Heavy, thick, slippery! Fun to drive in though!
I wrestled with the snowthrower yesterday at my mother-in-laws for about 3 hours clearing the stuff from her driveway. Had to chip away a lot for it to even be effective! tuesday 47...I welcome that!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-19-2007, 10:20 AM Reply   
Okay I think we're done with winter now.......70 by friday!

KG, my driveway was like concrete.....really hard to plow. Walk is still covered, I'm going to wait until it gets soft enough to shovel.

The Philly boat show this coming weekend has a slide show, most likely the same one as last year with Jack Blodgett and the gang. I'm busy, but I just thought I'd let everyone know about it. (BTW, there are NO wake/ski boats at that show)

I'm trying to get into the habit of posting more often on www.wakeboardnj.com. Maybe all of the NJ riders can do the same?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-19-2007, 6:35 PM Reply   
Kevin, how'd Eustace get that avatar on there (wakeboardnj.com)? I can't figure it out...

JB, how was the snowbaording?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
I still can't post on wakeboardnj.com. Nothing works. Username doesn't match the password, password doesn't match the email address.....Waaaaaa! Kevin Help!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-19-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
Justin.... sshhh!!!

(Message edited by eustace on March 19, 2007)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2007, 7:40 PM Reply   
Does this mean anything to anyone????

Upload
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-19-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
oh heres another....

Upload

Ka-Chow!!!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-20-2007, 4:19 AM Reply   
Justin,
The snowboarding was GREAT saturday morning. I left at 6 AM and got on the hill by 8:15. The driving was TREACHEROUS on the way up as the turnpike really hadn't been cleared. But the snow was deep enough that you could actually bomb the trails underneath the lifts. And the crowds were minimal so the lift wait was never more than a minute. It was an awesome way to end the snowboarding season.
Which means it's my offical start to the wakeboarding season! I'm heading to San Diego today to announce a rail jam exhibition and I'll gett the chance to ride for the first time in '07. I just can't wait!

And as a little update, I spoke to Ike and he's on board for coming up for Wakefest II. Sweet!
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-21-2007, 11:15 AM Reply   
SPRING!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-21-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
I second the WOOHOO!!!, Spring is here, weekend should be beautiful also...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-22-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Ike's coming back to NJ for Wakefest II, very cool!

Looks like a busy summer riding season coming up. I posted some events and dates on www.wakeboardnj.com in the "events and gatherings" section. One event, LF BROSTOCK is coming to Smith Mountain lake, VA. This lake is absolutely beautiful with tall mountains at the one end and about 500 miles of shoreline!!!
Also, the wakeboard nationals will be in Syracuse, NY this year. Check it out on the other website.

(Message edited by njskier on March 22, 2007)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-22-2007, 8:20 PM Reply   
Leaving last Friday's evil ice storm behind, it really does feel like the weather is finally starting to
turn the corner. The new bulkhead and dock are complete, as well as new, white, aluminum reinforced
vinyl railing. A new shed has been ordered, and a landscaper has prepared it's resting spot. I'm also planning
to build some ground-level decking. Anyone have a pneumatic nail gun? The Super Air gets cut out of its cacoon
on April 7. That will be Easter weekend, and it's not an official 60 Sylvia party day, but if anyone wants
to come over, eat, smoke cigars and watch my boat mechanic work, Doreen, Connor and I will be there.

I have all kinds of wakefest stuff going on, but nothing really confirmed or particularly worthy of discussion.

Speaking of the wakefest, SOS Craig is getting married next Friday (I think) and his bachelor party is
this Friday, April 24. I was invited to neither. Ha-ha! But I have to get to SOS in the near future. I
have a few things I need to hash-over with Craig.

Despite the icy weather, Doreen and I did some running around Manhattan last weekend. Here's a picture of
us in front of The Marriot just off of Times Square with some people who happened to be hanging-out
there too. For some reason Doreen and I are both leaning, as if we had some sort of inexplicable spontaneous
loss of posture or somthing.
Upload

Brett Eisenhauer is returning to The New Jersey Wakefest. I think that's excellent.

This weekend it's back to 60 Sylia to continue the backyard restoration. There's a long way to go.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-25-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have 2 satellite dishes on my house and I have one pointed at Canadian satellites and I turned on an extreme sports channel on the canadian one and there was Jeff Barton doing an interview about wakeskating. The man is everywhere.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-25-2007, 1:23 PM Reply   
I Just to let everybody know that the Btown docks are in and the river is warming up.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-25-2007, 1:40 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Just dropped by to say hi and see what the 2007 thread was up to~
Really am excited about this season...The weather's been so warm I am getting antsy!!!!
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Alright for some reason I came on and couldnt find the NJ riders thread in the discussion section. Is this because too few posts lately? Come people we gotta communicate, the summer is almost here. Trust me Im in Mexico right now getting a little taste of it right now!!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-28-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
Woody, any links to a temp gauge for the river?

Kelly Lee checking in...NICE! Glad u stopped by to say hi. Any chance your gonna make Wakefest 2007? This year is looking to be an even bigger hit!

Cole Cole Cole...hows the arm doing?
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-28-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
What's up, Kelly! How are things in Boston? Have you guys begun travel plans fvor June 30th?

Jeff, are you guys still flying? High rollers!

Jim, that's funny that you caught that Canadian broadcast. Those are gonna be fewer and fewer for me as I just got word that the Pro Wakeboard Tour is not going to have a host on site at the events this summer. That means I'm gonna be around a lot more this summer, mooching rides off of people!

So who's gonna get the first pulls in of the year? I'm ready to mooch a seat and I'll bring gas...
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
Kelly, Glad to see you checking in! Look forward to seeing you ride at NJ wakefest.

KG-Delware river is 43 degrees right now.....brrrr! link www.delawareriver.net/temp.php
And KG you've got mail!

JB-I should be ready to go by around April 21-22. (22 is earth day......could be a good excuse to do something outdoors!:-)) I'd be glad to give pulls to anyone that wants to brave the cold water! (rewards might be in order for those who dare to "trunk it"!

Cole, get that arm healed soon, even if it takes many 12 oz. workouts.

48 hours from now I'll be riding at OWC! I can't wait!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-28-2007, 2:43 PM Reply   
Looks like everyone is getting pretty excited for the summer.

Just got back from Colorado,
not eatin the cheese doodles and grape soda
but that hippy shoot.
Now I have unpacked my wetsuit, hood, and booties and gloves so I will be in the water soon whether it be in the waves or behind a boat. (Preferably behind a boat of course)

On a different note I had to re arrange my room recently because of the dreams I have been having. i don't know if it is because the last thing I saw at night was my wakeboard, but I was consistantly dreaming of something to do with wakeboarding. Most recently being last night when apparently there was a cable park on the hudson river which I had a zip line from my window directly too. It was sweet.(I hope it had nothing to do with my recent weekend)

Anyway Dave sounds pretty sweet to be at the OWC, cole if the arm gets stronger there are always 40 0z workouts as well. JB does your lightening of traveling mean a little more time at the horseshoe as well.

Oh hey justin I never told you, sweet setup.

Hollar
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-28-2007, 3:45 PM Reply   
JB, I'm flying in from Boston on the 29th and staying till Sunday. Renting a car and making my way down to Wilmington, N.C. where my mom and her husband just got a place 20 miles from the beach...so excited...and then spend the week there and fly back to Boston the following week. Can't wait, but time flies............Haaaaaaaaa
Old     (harlemice)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-28-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Alright you guys are alive! Well yes the arm is good to everyone who asked. Cast has been off for a week and its still weak and sore but I am doing many 12oz. workouts this week in Mexico, and Doug, when I get back we gotta hit some bars to really get it back in shape. I need to hurry, the summer is really creeping up.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
hola,

when do we ride?

doug....starting at the end of last season i started making trips to long beach to surf. they have nice sandbars and swell direction (from what i've seen - hands down better than jersey) let me know if you are interested in some NY surf. i got another friend who i go with. probably starting within the next few weeks.

it's a $12.50 roundtrip ticket from penn station (boards in tow) and takes about 50 min each way.
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2007, 4:03 PM Reply   
im gettin antsy! Chuck....get ready for the shore man. I got a few weekends with the boat and the parents are out of town.
Old     (timmylikewake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-29-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
Anyone from the morris county area? I go to school there, but spend my summer in upstate ny. Id really appreciate a pull in april. Ill drive to whereever theres a wake. Have gas money/ cleaning abilities/driving ability. I work for a nautique dealer. Intermediate rider.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-29-2007, 7:54 PM Reply   
Tim,

I'm in morristown looking to go up to hopatcong as much as I can. I got a boat so all we need is to find some more people

Dave
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-29-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Ok, first thing first. In the picture of Doreen and I in New York City, the people we are standing with
are Dorothee and Ronn Seidenglanz, not just "some people who happened to be hanging-out there too."
It's important that I "right" that "wrong."

Can it be true? Is the warmer Spring weather really beginning to work its way in? Well, it must be
true because The Super Air is scheduled to be unwinterized in about a week on April 7! That means, in
theory, I'll be ready to be on the water again by that afternoon! Oh man. That reminds me. I'm still carrying
a good portion of my manly Winter husk. And I haven't even begun my leg training yet. Sheesh. It's defintely
crunch time now. No more 16oz. curls for me for a while.

I've been in touch with my contact at Vans and Pro-Tech is back on board for wakefest. I have a few pretty
mind blowing things in the works right now for wakefest, but since nothing is confirmed yet I don't want
shoot my mouth off prematurely. (I hate when that happens!)

I'll be at 60 Sylvia Sunday building a ground deck if anyone wants to come over and help screw gun it
together. Per Kevin's suggestion I'm going with a screw gun instead of a pneumatic nail gun. It will definitely
be a more laborious assembly, but once together the screws will maintain their hold much longer. Does anyone
have a 48" level by any chance?
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-02-2007, 10:50 AM Reply   
I un-officially opend the boat this weekend and started to put together a list of To-dos! Boat looked like it survived the winter pretty well. Slightly dirty but that is a given. The plan is to have all projects completed by May 6th so that I can begin enjoying the summer really early!

only 85 days till the NJ Wakefest!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-03-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
Just got back from Florida.......fun times at OWC! (wished I had my own board, the "rental" boards are all beat-up and only have velcro straps for bindings, it's almost like not having any bindings at all)
Dispite that, it was a great experience on the cable. Upload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-03-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of KyleUpload
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-04-2007, 1:51 AM Reply   
Hey, nice story in Wakeboarding mag. about us NJ riders and Wakefest! (page 129)
Check it out!
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-04-2007, 7:03 AM Reply   
I love OWC! We need something like this in the mid-atlantic states like VA or N.C.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-06-2007, 12:30 PM Reply   
David, what issue are you referring to?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-07-2007, 4:37 AM Reply   
Jeffrey,

May 2007 "50 States of Wake"
Should be coming out soon if you don't have it already. Good issue.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-08-2007, 6:43 AM Reply   
For those of us who don't have FUEL/TV, you can now watch the 2006 protour online.
Go to www.wakeboardingmag.com/protour2006.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-08-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
Thanks Dave. It's cool to see Jeff at work.

(Message edited by bwood on April 08, 2007)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Dave nice pictures, makes me wish I was there right now. Come on summer. Any wakefest meeting coming up?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-10-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
Page 129 in Wakeboard mag is the bomb.Can't wait to get a 2007 wakefest picture.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-11-2007, 6:48 AM Reply   
Yea that write-up is a fantastic homage to the wakeboarding community in NJ. Can't help but wonder though, during the write-up of the last wakefest, they had another mention of Bon Jovi too. Perhaps someone over at WBM is a closet Bon Jovi fan?!?!

Shall I scan the article in and post? It'll be up on WakeboardNJ.com shortly
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-11-2007, 7:41 AM Reply   
NJ ROCKS again...
NJ is getting America's first Snow Dome for indoor skiing, right here is East Rutherford.

I can see the skiing structure from where I work. Should be very interesting. PLUS, were getting Cabela's Sporting Goods store here too!
Xanadu Cabelas
With Lowes and a BJ's wholesale only a mile away...the traffic is going to be insane!!! :-)

Upload
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-11-2007, 6:51 PM Reply   
Lookin for a 3rd to go out Sunday on Lake Hopatcong. Shoot me a message if your interested.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-12-2007, 7:34 AM Reply   
Dave, Do you have any info on lake temps for Hopatcong?
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-12-2007, 7:44 AM Reply   
I was told by a guy that I work with that was fishing there that it is in the low 50's still cold. Wish they had something on the internet to get lake temps and levels.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-12-2007, 8:55 AM Reply   
You can call San Bar Marine and ask for Ron. He's on Lake Hopatcong and he's New Jersey's Malibu dealer.
He may know the current water temperatures. 973-663-1668
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-12-2007, 4:11 PM Reply   
Dave M.

Not to burst your bubble, but they're calling for a huge storm sat. night and sunday.

I seriously doubt the temps are above 45 yet.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-12-2007, 4:33 PM Reply   
I just saw the weather forecast, not as excited as I was. That was what I was told on the temp, Im just happy its not snowing here like it is other places.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-16-2007, 4:41 AM Reply   
Well, the end of this crappy weather is in site. It's gonna start getting warmer as the week progresses. Hopefully it'll be wakeboarding season in the next few weeks!

KG, I signed up for wakeboardNJ.com and Im waiting on a confirmation email. I'm committed to getting more involved over there. Quick question: Is it possible to add some wakeboarding photos to the home page? I would love to see some cool photos on the homepage to set the tone. Just an idea.

Alex, do you have any updates on Wakefest? It's almost time to get together again to discuss the current status.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-16-2007, 4:43 AM Reply   
OK, I just got done writing the above and I'm looking out the window at TONS of snow pouring down. What the hell is going on?!?!?!?!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2007, 5:04 AM Reply   
Global Warming! Aaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! 'Running in circles around my offi-cle, arms flailing above my head…
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-16-2007, 6:06 AM Reply   
At 60 Sylvia on Sunday I watched the high tide water level flirt dangerously with the top of my dock and
new bulk head, then when I got home to Fair Lawn I wish I would have had a winch because I could have set
it up in my basement and I could have ollied up onto my weight bench and used it as a slider.

Wakefest wakefest wakefest. Sometimes at work I get so crazy busy all day that I actually get nothing done.
That's the point it seems wakefest is at right now. I'm working on so many different things but nothing seems
to be coming together. But working on it I am.
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-16-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Since I didnt get to go out due to all this rain, I'm looking to go out Friday around 5 on Hopatcong if anyone is interested in going.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-16-2007, 8:57 AM Reply   
JB, thanks for the suggestion, I'll work on it!

Alex, everyone needs water during a workout. And if you do run a rail-jam in your basement you better extend an invite! I'll totally jib your banister! LOL
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-16-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Yo, what up guys, I am now actually working in the clinics at dental school, this past winter has completey kicked my arse with school and dealing with a burst pipe in my nice newly finished basement, only to re fix it and have the big storm this weekend wreak my basement bedrooms ceiling and wall again, dam old houses and their never ending cracks and crappy construction. Congrats on the boat Dave, you'll probley crap a brick your first time charging the wake, but then you'll just dust off the cobwebs and giver again. Looking forward to riding with everyone again this summer.

Oh ya my new cell number is 801-718-8768

Peace

Russ
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-17-2007, 4:07 AM Reply   
Good morning Jersey crew,

I was just reminded of the need for boat operators to get certified this summer through a safe boating course.

www.njboatingsafetyclasses.com

Since many of us still have to get this, I suggest we all take a class together to make it more bearable.

Let's start reviewing dates and throw some suggestions out there.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-17-2007, 4:21 AM Reply   
I probably should have peeped the boating site before my earlier posting.

I have some new information about the testing. Most importantly, we all have until June 1, 2007 to take an "Opt Out" test at any of the boating safety courses. This would allow verteran boaters to take a test and not have to sit through a 6-8 hours course.

Now for the selfish part- I have found a boating class a half mile from my house on May 16th, so I gotta say that one holds a great deal of appeal to me! And again, if we're able to take this "Opt Out" test, there's no need to all hit the same Safety Course as all day suffering os being avoided.

For more info, click on the link to the safety classes. Once on that page, click on the FAQ button (Frequently Asked Questions) and you'll find info on the "Opt Out" testing.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-17-2007, 4:24 AM Reply   
OK, this is the SECOND example of why I should have read the site before posting anything.

It appears as though there are certain dates for "Opt Out" testing. Basically, if you're under 38, you are out of time and need to take the full class. As I'm 37, I am now again ooking for company for the 6-8 hour misery of class.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-17-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Teresa signed us up for the boaters safety class before we even brought out first boat home. I have my boaters safety certificate but never had it put on my drivers license and was wondering if anybody knew if I had to or not?
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-17-2007, 12:35 PM Reply   
As far as I know you need to go to dmv and have it put on your license.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-17-2007, 1:01 PM Reply   
yo brian. got mine too. guess i'm going to have to start carrying it.

funny thing about the coast is guard is that it's basically impossible to fail the test. you pay the fee, sit through the class, guaranteed a license. they had me sit back down and change answers. have fun with the danforth anchor.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-17-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
That cool Charles, I was hoping you would get one so I can sit back relax and have a beer. Russ are you going to get one too?

I think your right Dave, I should do it just to be safe.

The river is supposed to crest at 2am tonight and I hope it doesn't tear the docks all up. Their never in a hurry to fix them.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-17-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
JB, I finally got a break for being 40-something!
Laura and I took the opt-out test last year, so we're all set. Time is running short, so those of you that need to take the test should do it soon!

Woody, my boaters safety cert. is seperate from my DL. In NJ you need to have the "boat" endorsement on your license also, but only for non-tidal water. The Delaware river is tidal from Trenton on south, so you don't need the boat endorsement for that waterway. You would need it for any inland lakes in NJ, such as Hopatcong, Budd lake, Greenwood lake, etc. Most of you people only need to be concerned with the "boaters safety certificate", which will also give you the OK to ride a jet ski. (DOUG!)

I'll be busy installing the updated rudder and prop on the X-Star this weekend, getting it ready for its maiden voyage, as soon as the river calms down!

RUSS, good to hear from you again! Hope we see more of you this year, you kinda disappeared after wakefest last year!
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-18-2007, 2:19 AM Reply   
I was told that about about the tidal water thing Dave but didn't believe the source it came from. What exactly did they change about the rudder and prop on the 06? Also whats the stock ballast on your boat? By next weekend the river should be cleared out and the weather nice to Christen the boat. Hopefully the water warms up a little.
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-18-2007, 6:07 AM Reply   
I don't think I'm gong to get the license, since I live in Penn, and I'm from Utah, still have both driver licenses, and neither state requires you to have a boating safety certificate. I think it is just NJ that is wanting that, and since the Delware is a none state issued waterway, they shouldn't be able to enforce one states law over another. If soeone can clarify this that would be cool, if I do need it then JB I may be joining you for an afternoon of pure excitement and joy.

Ya Dave I missed riding last year after the Wakefest, I went three more times, not counting going back to Utah for a week, once with a kid from school, and with Woody twice. I did ride everyday in Utah for two weeks though, on everyboat except a Calabria. You'll like you X-star wake, very rampy, likes to throw you straight up, not out so much. Let me know when you guys are going to be going out this year, I will have a lot more time this summer.

Woody, nice downgrade, that boat throws out a nice wake when weighted right, plus you own it which is even better.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2007, 6:21 AM Reply   
Is that correct for PA folks? operating on the river?

I'd hate to get the shake down at the ramp.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-18-2007, 10:01 AM Reply   
I'm not done yet Russ.....I'm not done yet. LOL
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2007, 3:59 PM Reply   
Eustace, PA laws would apply to you, since your boat is PA registered (check the law in PA to be sure though)

Russ, not sure what applies to you if you're driving a NJ boat with a UT license, but I would think you're okay without the safety cert. Better check with www.njsp.org

Woody, ballast system is around 1000#, new rudder is larger with a different shape than the old one. I believe MC changed it in '06, but mine's an '05. The new prop I have is from ACME propeller, something not many people with X-STARS know about....yet. I'm suppose to test it and give them some feedback. I still have the original prop as well.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-18-2007, 4:06 PM Reply   
JB and Eustace, I just checked the NJSP website, and if you were born PRIOR TO 1979, you can take the test-out option! So at least you and Eustace can just take the test only, not the whole course! Go to the site and check it out! (Russ, do you fall into that category too?)
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-18-2007, 5:25 PM Reply   
Good news, Dave! I have already signed myself and another guy up for the opt out test on May 16th in Moorestown. The test itself begins at 7:45 so we're gonna meet at my house for a little barbeque, some beers and test preparation. I live not even a half mile from the test center, so we'll be able to cram right up until the last minute.

And anyone who wants in on this barbeque-then-boating-safety-test is invited to join us. Again, the date is Wednesday, May 16th. The fun will get under way at 5 PM. All are welcome!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-18-2007, 5:32 PM Reply   
For anyone who wants to take the test outoption with us on May 16th, Contact Kathy at 856-816-8907 and she'll get you signed up.

If this date or location isn't good for you, here is a complete listing of the testing times and locations throughtout NJ:
http://www.njboatingsafetyclasses.com/_mgxroot/page_10655.html

Again, I want to encourage as many people as possible to join us for the pre test festivities on May 16th!
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-18-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
I'm very confused right now by the NJ state law of boat operating. I'm not from the state, yet they want me to have a safety permit to operate a boat in their state, unless I have one from Utah, which doesn't require one at all. So being from a state that doesn't require a boating safety permit, do I still need to get one? And as long as any person that pulls me over, I am only going to be visiting NJ for less than 90 days, which is true because I was only visiting that day. Jeff if you want to dig into the details a little more for me, I'd be stoked, and if I still need a safety permit, count me in for the barbque.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       04-19-2007, 2:09 PM Reply   
Hey Russ long time no talk to.

I see the river is still at 41 but with this weekend it should go up a few degrees. So maybe by mid may we might break out the boat.

With the boater safety if I am from PA and just go on the Delaware River I should not need it?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-19-2007, 4:31 PM Reply   
George, the way it reads is you would need a boater safety card from PA. Does PA require one? (I doubt it). Someone should call NJ State Police for answers for George and Russ.
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-19-2007, 4:36 PM Reply   
Charles sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you, I usually keep my surfboard down the shore so i doubt I will be making the long haul to Long Island many times this summer. Are you planning on going to Margate a bunch this summer?

on a different note, I am going to marathon florida in three weeks and i am wondering if anyone knows of any places in the middle keys to go riding, (JEFF).
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-19-2007, 4:38 PM Reply   
I'm not the only one who sees that, right?
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-19-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
sees what
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-19-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
what, the fact that Doug suxs right now for going to florida and not even having the courtesy to ask any of us if we would like to go as well...I definately see that!
Old     (dmayer84)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-20-2007, 5:51 AM Reply   
No wake allowed on hopatcong. Looks like im not going out.