Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2014, 9:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by digg311 View Post
Totally agree. And for what it's worth, Denver is doing the same thing... so it may actually be policy.
Yeah but, to specifically exclude Cali by name... It doesn't really matter that much. I just think it's funny how scared they are.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2014, 9:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Dude... I said in an earlier post that the source was the Hawks own page. Are you actually reading or just trolling? I don't care what Marshawn wears to buy donuts and I think it's hilarious that you do. I thought we were talking football.
Dude.... It's just that so many of the faces of your team are so classless. Top Pot Doughnuts in Bellevue is a family place and to wear something like that is just so foolish. He's representing the Seahawks as well as himself when he's in public. So that wouldn't bother you if your young child who looks up to him were to see that?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-12-2014, 10:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Dude.... It's just that so many of the faces of your team are so classless. Top Pot Doughnuts in Bellevue is a family place and to wear something like that is just so foolish. He's representing the Seahawks as well as himself when he's in public. So that wouldn't bother you if your young child who looks up to him were to see that?
I'm gonna choose to not get too deep on this topic. I'm afraid that you might take my opinions personally and I'd really rather keep all this somewhat light-hearted and about football. Suffice to say that I don't see a single player on the team as truly "classless", and that includes Marshawn... a guy who comes from a tough place and chooses to hold on to those roots and remain a part of that community, giving back to it financially and helping kids there to understand they have choices that don't include crime and drugs... rather than taking his payday and turning himself into someone else. (even if that does mean he might occasionally wear a less-than-appropriate hoodie).
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-12-2014, 10:36 PM Reply   
If Seattle wins, it will be because the referees turned a "let them play" blind eye toward Seattle's grab/hold/rape coverage technique.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2014, 11:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm gonna choose to not get too deep on this topic. I'm afraid that you might take my opinions personally and I'd really rather keep all this somewhat light-hearted and about football. Suffice to say that I don't see a single player on the team as truly "classless", and that includes Marshawn... a guy who comes from a tough place and chooses to hold on to those roots and remain a part of that community, giving back to it financially and helping kids there to understand they have choices that don't include crime and drugs... rather than taking his payday and turning himself into someone else. (even if that does mean he might occasionally wear a less-than-appropriate hoodie).
Okay. Fair enough.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-12-2014, 11:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
If Seattle wins, it will be because the referees turned a "let them play" blind eye toward Seattle's grab/hold/rape coverage technique.
Agreed.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2014, 4:08 AM Reply   
Wow looks like you guys had some fun.That was a Fullback that ran over Sherman not a lineman.Then he got owned by a tight end.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2014, 4:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Ha! That was a good block. Really brag-worthy too... a 300lb defensive end against a 195lb Corner.
First of all a defensive end wouldn't be playing against a corner unless your talking about Deion Sanders. Second of all 48 is a RB # he's a FB. I think he's listed in the 240 to 260 range and Sherman is over 200. Anyway it's clear to see who owned who.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       01-13-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Okay, serious question: Why does Robert hate the Seahawks so much? Shouldn't you be hating on teams in the Cowgirl's division like the Giants or the Eagles?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-13-2014, 8:51 AM Reply   
Total domination Saturday!! Saints never had a chance. 16-0 at the start of the 4th quarter. Lynch running wild.
Hawks felt sorry for Brees so they gave him some garbage time stats in the 4th quarter. Did Jimmy Graham even play in that game? Can't remember seeing him once.

Up next: Our little red headed step brother to the south. Can't wait to own KaperPick again. Is Vernon Davis crying yet? I heard Har-bag is already complaining about the Hawks "physical play".
I'm seriously pumped for this match up!!! Couldn't have drawn this up any better. Crush the whiners in the NFC Championship on the way to SuperBowl victory.

Glad to see the whiner fans on here already working on their excuses: "They won't sell us tickets" "The corners were holding" "Their running back wears curse words on his clothes" You guys better think of some better ones. It's going to be a long off-season.

BTW: I respect any man that spends three days in his "jammies". Even if he's a 49er fan.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
Mark it correct. It was the Hawks. I stand corrected. I will say it's a non issue do to the fact that all teams do this and that there is little chance of getting tickets after the season holders are done grabbing them up.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2014, 9:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
First of all a defensive end wouldn't be playing against a corner unless your talking about Deion Sanders. Second of all 48 is a RB # he's a FB. I think he's listed in the 240 to 260 range and Sherman is over 200. Anyway it's clear to see who owned who.
Okay Robert, I normally don't respond to ANY of your posts on here anymore because you're clearly trolling and have stated several times that getting people to react is what you're all about... but since I was wrong here and you seem to be actually making reasonable points, I'll play along.

Obviously 48 is a FB... my bad. I remember him as a Defensive End from Oregon. He was drafted as a D End. So that was stuck in my brain. Oops. But there's no way he's 260. Maybe in college he was 260. He's at least 290 now... probably closer to 300.

And like I said before... it was a heckuva block. Sherman did get owned. Doesn't happen often, but it did there.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2014, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Okay, serious question: Why does Robert hate the Seahawks so much? Shouldn't you be hating on teams in the Cowgirl's division like the Giants or the Eagles?
I don't hate the Seahawks but i do realize this is a Smack Talking Thread. I seem to get consistent responses from their fans. The other fans just run and hide or disappear. Heck if i lose my bet i'll be their #1 fan.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-13-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
^^^Robert is already excited about losing his bet!!!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-13-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
David? you repremanded me for calling names. I guess BIG.....FAT....PU$$IES is ok??????
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2014, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyv420 View Post
David? you repremanded me for calling names. I guess BIG.....FAT....PU$$IES is ok??????
GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!
That was aimed at a football organization in a fun trash taking thread. Not at anyone personally. Big difference. GO NINERS!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-13-2014, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
^^^Robert is already excited about losing his bet!!!
Don't bet on it. Oops it may be too late for you.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-13-2014, 4:50 PM Reply   
What a great weekend of football coming up. We're gonna have a shoot out and a grind it out to see who gets to represent each conference. I can't wait to watch the Hawks pound on the Niners all damn game!!!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       01-13-2014, 5:03 PM Reply   
I can't believe I have to root for the Niners!!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-13-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
And now the Hawks are a lock. Never let a wishy washy Ram fan come on board. They ooze bad mojo...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2014, 6:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeworld View Post
It could be worse. You could have to root for the rams if they were any good.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2014, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepain View Post
What a great weekend of football coming up. We're gonna have a shoot out and a grind it out to see who gets to represent each conference. I can't wait to watch the Hawks pound on the Niners all damn game!!!
The only pounding will be on Lynch when he gets anywhere near the line of scrimmage. I predict very few yards gained by the Seathugs. Well....... Maybe a couple.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2014, 6:22 PM Reply   
It's too bad that ole Shermwoman won't be able to cover all four of our extremely talented receivers at once. Also, Tate and Harvin are pretty banged up. It'll only take one semi-big hit and they'll be out for the rest of the game. can't wait.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-13-2014, 7:02 PM Reply   
Vernon!
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-13-2014, 8:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Vernon!
Great shot. I predict a lot more of those this Sunday.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-13-2014, 11:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Great shot. I predict a lot more of those this Sunday.
You expect more shots showing a 49er with only one foot down? okay.
I mean, I saw the game... and yeah, I think that was a touchdown... but this particular picture doesn't show that at all. In fact, if the ball moved after the time of this shot, I may be wrong about it being a TD at all.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-14-2014, 3:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
I mean, I saw the game... and yeah, I think that was a touchdown... but this particular picture doesn't show that at all. In fact, if the ball moved after the time of this shot, I may be wrong about it being a TD at all.
Typical Seahawk Fan reaction. Another TYPICAL reaction is to think Golden Tate caught the TD pass against the Packers last year. Oops my bad the referees thought it was a TD too!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2014, 7:45 AM Reply   
I think the tradition of destroying the Niners at Century Link is a good one so we may as well keep it going. Gawd I hope every single person in the media picks the Niners like you fools. All it does is fire up our boys.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did you bump your head or something? The rubber pieces from the turf being scraped are flying in the air! Oh that's right. You can't see that with your team goggles on. Try again.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-14-2014, 9:00 AM Reply   
Is Jim Har-bag the next Andy Reid? After losing to the Hawks this Sunday he is well on his way.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
Has anyone else noticed how all the smack talk from hawks fans is so empty in the last 6 weeks? It used to be filled with "facts and stats" showing how they were going to take the SB and how everyone needed to bow to their greatness. Then the Cards and Niners invited them to the cafeteria where the only thing on the menu was humble pie. Nowadays all their smack talk has no teeth. It's just mindless drivel. Face it hawks. You're goin down and even you know it. Karma is on its way... Hehehe.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-14-2014, 10:01 AM Reply   
^^^^HAHAHAHAHAHA Good one Mark, good one.

Just a few "facts and stats" for ya. Still #1 seed, still the best record in football, still #1 defense in football. (that's the Seahawks).

Another fun one: KaperPick's average passer rating against the Hawks is 53.2. I don't think a pair of headphones is going to help that.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2014, 10:47 AM Reply   
Facts and stats?
They never seem to matter to anyone on here... but I've got a few for ya.

FACT: No player has rushed for more yards against the 49ers since Jim Harbaugh arrived than Marshawn Lynch.
FACT: Lynch's 524 yards rushing over that span is over 200 yards more than the nearest follower
FACT: No player in the NFL has more than 2 rushing touchdowns against the 49ers since 2011 except Lynch who has 5. Frank Gore has just 1 touchdown during that same span.
FACT: Russell Wilson has been sacked 2.3 times per start versus San Francisco compared to 3.0 for Kapernick versus Seattle
FACT: Michael Bowie did not play in either game versus San Francisco this year. Seattle had the best rushing total of their last six games in his first start versus New Orleans
FACT: No player has had more receiving touchdowns against San Francisco in the past three years than Doug Baldwin, who has four
FACT: One-third of Baldwin's career touchdowns have come against the 49ers
FACT: Baldwin has the 4th-most receiving yards against the 49ers since 2011 despite playing in an offense that passes less than any other in football
FACT: In Percy Harvin's one game against the 49ers last year, he had 9 receptions in 11 targets for 89 yards, and a run for 9 yards. His total yardage of 98 yards in that game is more than any receiver for either team has totaled against their respective opponent in a single game.

FACT: Boldin may have had 93 yards receiving in San Francisco, but in his two games in Seattle since 2010, he has totaled 29 yards and 3 catches
FACT: Boldin has not scored a touchdown against Seattle in his three games since 2010
FACT: Vernon Davis has averaged 3.5 catches and 39 yards per game versus the Seahawks sine 2010
FACT: Davis scored a touchdown in the last game between these teams, but has only 2 in the past 8 match-ups
FACT: Davis has had under 30 yards receiving in four straight games vs Seattle and under 60 in six straight
FACT: Kaepernick has combined for a 52.9 passer rating in three career starts versus Seattle with 2 touchdowns and 5 interceptions
FACT: Gore has averaged 120.5 yards rushing vs. Seattle at home, but just 22 yards rushing in Seattle the last two years

FACT: I'm more confident that the Seahawks win this game than I was last week against the Saints.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2014, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:

Just a few "facts and stats" for ya. Still #1 seed, still the best record in football, still #1 defense in football. (that's the Seahawks).

Another fun one: KaperPick's average passer rating against the Hawks is 53.2. I don't think a pair of headphones is going to help that.
What, you mean the headphones won't make him better? I was going to go pick up a pair so I could be just like him...

Oh, and btw, saw the below today... could help but laugh a little
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-14-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
I fear the game will be decided by the REFS ignoring blatant HOLDING by the SEAHAWK DBs on almost every play.

The NFL will be tarnished and retaliate against the HAWKs in the superbowl to give the PATRIOTs/BRONCOs the SB CROWN.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
I fear the game will be decided by the REFS ignoring blatant HOLDING by the SEAHAWK DBs on almost every play.

The NFL will be tarnished and retaliate against the HAWKs in the superbowl to give the PATRIOTs/BRONCOs the SB CROWN.
Definitely possible and I haven't seen the Niners play the same cheating dirty ball like the hawks' DB's so, that might be advantage hawks unless the Niners can/will stoop to that level. We'll know on Sunday.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:

And yet they still beat the hawks with that crappy passer rating..... What does that say about the hawks? (enter the sound of crickets.................)
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonicmi View Post
What, you mean the headphones won't make him better? I was going to go pick up a pair so I could be just like him...

Oh, and btw, saw the below today... could help but laugh a little
I have no problem with picture posts like that as long as they're witty or funny. In fact, I just sent the one from page 11 showing Carroll handing the cup to Harbaugh at the drive-through to my brother (another stupid seattle fan) because it was both witty and funny. That last one was neither. Lame.

Last edited by markj; 01-14-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Definitely possible and I haven't seen the Niners play the same cheating dirty ball like the hawks' DB's so, that might be advantage hawks unless the Niners can/will stoop to that level. We'll know on Sunday.
Yep, you're right.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep, you're right.
There's your one in a million which was as fleeting as the hawks' fame will be.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 12:44 PM Reply   
How did you get that good quality video though?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-14-2014, 12:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Facts and stats?
They never seem to matter to anyone on here... but I've got a few for ya.

FACT: No player has rushed for more yards against the 49ers since Jim Harbaugh arrived than Marshawn Lynch.
FACT: Lynch's 524 yards rushing over that span is over 200 yards more than the nearest follower
FACT: No player in the NFL has more than 2 rushing touchdowns against the 49ers since 2011 except Lynch who has 5. Frank Gore has just 1 touchdown during that same span.
FACT: Russell Wilson has been sacked 2.3 times per start versus San Francisco compared to 3.0 for Kapernick versus Seattle
FACT: Michael Bowie did not play in either game versus San Francisco this year. Seattle had the best rushing total of their last six games in his first start versus New Orleans
FACT: No player has had more receiving touchdowns against San Francisco in the past three years than Doug Baldwin, who has four
FACT: One-third of Baldwin's career touchdowns have come against the 49ers
FACT: Baldwin has the 4th-most receiving yards against the 49ers since 2011 despite playing in an offense that passes less than any other in football
FACT: In Percy Harvin's one game against the 49ers last year, he had 9 receptions in 11 targets for 89 yards, and a run for 9 yards. His total yardage of 98 yards in that game is more than any receiver for either team has totaled against their respective opponent in a single game.

FACT: Boldin may have had 93 yards receiving in San Francisco, but in his two games in Seattle since 2010, he has totaled 29 yards and 3 catches
FACT: Boldin has not scored a touchdown against Seattle in his three games since 2010
FACT: Vernon Davis has averaged 3.5 catches and 39 yards per game versus the Seahawks sine 2010
FACT: Davis scored a touchdown in the last game between these teams, but has only 2 in the past 8 match-ups
FACT: Davis has had under 30 yards receiving in four straight games vs Seattle and under 60 in six straight
FACT: Kaepernick has combined for a 52.9 passer rating in three career starts versus Seattle with 2 touchdowns and 5 interceptions
FACT: Gore has averaged 120.5 yards rushing vs. Seattle at home, but just 22 yards rushing in Seattle the last two years

FACT: I'm more confident that the Seahawks win this game than I was last week against the Saints.
Them's some nasty facts there Mark...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 12:55 PM Reply   
Funny how those facts meant nothing in their last meeting though.... I think you hawk boys have amnesia. And don't forget, the game time moved to Monday.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 1:00 PM Reply   
I see Rich saved the most important fact for last. I hope y'all keep that confidence up too. Just like you did right up until the home game against the Cards last month. Tell your team to bring their forks for all that pie afterwards!
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-14-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
Hawks own the 49ers in the Clink. You know it, we know it, more importantly the scoreboard shows it!!! If this game was in Candledump you might have a chance but I doubt it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep, you're right.
I think Boldin just got sick of Lane's dirty playing and decided to make Lane bow to his Sensei.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 1:16 PM Reply   
Napolean Dynamite style.^^^
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
I see Rich saved the most important fact for last. I hope y'all keep that confidence up too. Just like you did right up until the home game against the Cards last month. Tell your team to bring their forks for all that pie afterwards!
If I end up deserving humble pie, I'm man enough to bring my own fork. Are you? I'm in this thread because I love my team and I believe in them. You've said you're here because you felt like the Hawk voices here were too loud and you wanted to shout back at them. Not having a true horse in the race may make you bold... but it also takes all the weight out of your opinions.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2014, 1:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have no problem with picture posts like that as long as they're witty or funny. In fact, I just sent the one from page 11 showing Carroll handing the cup to Harbaugh at the drive-through to my brother (another stupid seattle fan) because it was both witty and funny. That last one was neither. Lame.
Yep just another dumb Seattle fan here...I love you guys, just never thinking very hard about a post... clearly I achieved my goal which was to stir things up a bit... anyway sure got you going! that's like 6 posts in a row... yet somehow I'm the dummy right? doesn't make much sense does it... LOL
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2014, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:

Give up on the cheating thing, it just makes you sound ignorant. Yes, the hawks play physical, so what its also football so it's not meant for little girls. Claiming its cheating because its too physical and they are just downright better makes you sound like a sore loser. anyway, if you want to get all analytical about it, looks at the stats, the team that wins the superbowl is often the most or one of the top teams getting penalized... should we strip everyone in history who fits this bill of their rings and call them cheaters? if so then bye-bye rings for like 90% of the superbowl winners...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 2:06 PM Reply   
I do have horse(s) in the race. You can't tell??? Niners first, Broncos second (I'm really just rooting for Manning like I always have), and well.... Maybe the hawks third. A distant third.... I think I'll throw up if the Pats are even in the big one. I've never liked them-especially Brady (even though he's from the Bay area). Hawks/Pats= my biggest nightmare. I liked the Colts too but they're done.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
I think Boldin just got sick of Lane's dirty playing and decided to make Lane bow to his Sensei.
Good for Boldin!
While everyone whines, cries and moans, at least he stands up and doesn't back down... he plays the same way, and that's why Boldin is so consistent and solid no matter where he plays or who he plays...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 2:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yep just another dumb Seattle fan here...I love you guys, just never thinking very hard about a post... clearly I achieved my goal which was to stir things up a bit... anyway sure got you going! that's like 6 posts in a row... yet somehow I'm the dummy right? doesn't make much sense does it... LOL
Relax Francis. I'm just having fun too.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-14-2014, 2:19 PM Reply   
It seems the Seahawk fans are thinking the 49ers will be "owned" on Sunday. I totally disagree. I predict a repeat of the game at SF. It's going to be close and brutal.

Unless the REFs let the Seahawk's defense commit fouls continuously without flags, this game is going to be close and intense.

Turn overs, personal foul penalties and un-flagged blatant fouls will decide the outcome of this game. Otherwise, it's a toss up.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2014, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
It seems the Seahawk fans are thinking the 49ers will be "owned" on Sunday. I totally disagree. I predict a repeat of the game at SF. It's going to be close and brutal.

Unless the REFs let the Seahawk's defense commit fouls continuously without flags, this game is going to be close and intense.

Turn overs, personal foul penalties and un-flagged blatant fouls will decide the outcome of this game. Otherwise, it's a toss up.
I'd agree with that... well except the whole second line part, no need for excuses either way.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2014, 2:36 PM Reply   
Quote:

For the record, I do think it'll be a tough, hard-fought game. I doubt that the 9ers will be "owned"... as they have the last two times here, but I do think the Seahawks will get the win. And all I ask is that the refs call it evenly. They didn't last week with the 9ers against Carolina... but in that matchup, I don't think it would have mattered much anyway.
This one could be close enough that one or two "bad" or "one-sided" calls could decide it.

It all hinges on Kaep. He just hasn't played well in Seattle. If he can stand tall and play well, it'll be close. If he plays as he has before, the 9ers are screwed... because all the other matchups are too tough for them to overcome without a stellar game from him.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'd agree with that... well except the whole second line part, no need for excuses either way.
Ditto. But I'm keeping the middle line in.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 2:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
For the record, I do think it'll be a tough, hard-fought game. I doubt that the 9ers will be "owned"... as they have the last two times here, but I do think the Seahawks will get the win. And all I ask is that the refs call it evenly. They didn't last week with the 9ers against Carolina... but in that matchup, I don't think it would have mattered much anyway.
This one could be close enough that one or two "bad" or "one-sided" calls could decide it.

It all hinges on Kaep. He just hasn't played well in Seattle. If he can stand tall and play well, it'll be close. If he plays as he has before, the 9ers are screwed... because all the other matchups are too tough for them to overcome without a stellar game from him.
All smack talk aside, I agree with all of that except I think the Niners will eek it out. Barely. The ridiculous calls/no calls at the Carolina game made me wonder if the Niners were paying those refs. On the other hand, did you see the roughing the passer we got when Cam ran into one of our linemen? That was BS too.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-14-2014, 3:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
all I ask is that the refs call it evenly
I would ask for it to be called accurately.

If the REFs take the philosophy that they had in the 49ers/Packers game which was "anything not obtuse goes" then the Seahawks are favored since they are trained/coached to grab/hold in non-obtuse ways all of the time. Arguably, if this happens then Carrol is the smarter coach and every NFL team needs to start to coach this way.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2014, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
I would ask for it to be called accurately.

If the REFs take the philosophy that they had in the 49ers/Packers game which was "anything not obtuse goes" then the Seahawks are favored since they are trained/coached to grab/hold in non-obtuse ways all of the time. Arguably, if this happens then Carrol is the smarter coach and every NFL team needs to start to coach this way.
You do realize that a certain amount of contact is actually allowed right?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-14-2014, 3:48 PM Reply   
The last time Kaep came into Seattle he was coming off one of his best games and everyone said Seattle had to be all worried about his new found passing game...he promptly ***** his pants. The same goes for Bolden. The Niners are certainly playing well but so is Seattle. If this is a toss up game I'll take Seattle at home every time. But for the record I don't think its a toss up game. I do think it will be tough but we're tougher
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-14-2014, 3:57 PM Reply   
They are not supposed to impede after 5 yards. Sherman is grabbing after 5 yards all day long. Perhaps the WRs should attach a tow rope for him.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-14-2014, 4:05 PM Reply   
Game 2 was 5-0 at half. So, the 49ers did not crap their pants until the 2nd half. Crabtree was on IR. Davis was out for most of the 2nd half. This left them with Boldin only since the other WRs were complete crap. Now Greg Roman has pulled his head out and the 49ers have WRs that know how to highlight and break away from Seattle's grabbers. This is why the game is relatively even unless players loose their cool or the REFs crap their pants.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-14-2014, 4:08 PM Reply   
^^^U MAD BRO??

You don't get selected to the All Pro Team by being considered cheaters, you get selected by being the best in the NFL.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-14-2014, 4:12 PM Reply   
all this whining about the refs makes me sick... are we still even talking about football here, or did we shift to a game for a bunch of princesses who have their panties in a bunch?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-14-2014, 4:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle View Post
Them's some nasty facts there Mark...
I have to laugh. You berate us when we bring up the past,but it's okay if you're a Seahawks fan.The real facts are the 49ers have beaten the Seahawks in December. They also beat the Redskins and Bucs on the road by more than 2 touchdowns in both games. They beat the Rams and the Falcons at Home both by 10 points. They went on the road and Beat Green Bay the #4 seed and traveled to Carolina and Beat the #2 seed by 13 points. Seattle lost 2 games one at home to the Cardinals. Making them 3-2 in December compared to the 49ers 5-0. The Seahawks beat the Saints by 8 points and they were the #6 seed.The Hawks only passed for 103 yards. I'm really worried about all that firepower the hawks have.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-14-2014, 5:02 PM Reply   
As for the refs in the Carolina game they missed or blew at least 4-5 calls on Both sides of the ball. You have to be biased to only see one side. As for the Hawks many different fans from many different teams all say the same thing . The Hawks secondary constantly holds, pulls and tugs jersey and takes cheap shots[unnecessary roughness penalties] all the time. You could easily throw 10 flags a game just from what the TV cameras catch. I'm only talking about the defense. We all know holding goes on on every team just about every pass play on offense.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-14-2014, 5:13 PM Reply   
The Head Officials have been announced.
Gene Steratore for Sea-SF
Tony Corrente for Pats-Broncos

Generally, Steratore-led officiating crews call fewer penalties, which should make all you haters mad. But, games officiated by his crews have historically trended favor visiting teams a little more than most... so you've got that goin for you. Regardless, I'd expect the officials to let them play.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 10:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
I have to laugh. You berate us when we bring up the past,but it's okay if you're a Seahawks fan.The real facts are the 49ers have beaten the Seahawks in December. They also beat the Redskins and Bucs on the road by more than 2 touchdowns in both games. They beat the Rams and the Falcons at Home both by 10 points. They went on the road and Beat Green Bay the #4 seed and traveled to Carolina and Beat the #2 seed by 13 points. Seattle lost 2 games one at home to the Cardinals. Making them 3-2 in December compared to the 49ers 5-0. The Seahawks beat the Saints by 8 points and they were the #6 seed.The Hawks only passed for 103 yards. I'm really worried about all that firepower the hawks have.
THAT'S RIGHT BIATCHES!!! That's what I've been saying for so long!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2014, 10:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
As for the refs in the Carolina game they missed or blew at least 4-5 calls on Both sides of the ball. You have to be biased to only see one side. As for the Hawks many different fans from many different teams all say the same thing . The Hawks secondary constantly holds, pulls and tugs jersey and takes cheap shots[unnecessary roughness penalties] all the time. You could easily throw 10 flags a game just from what the TV cameras catch. I'm only talking about the defense. We all know holding goes on on every team just about every pass play on offense.
All true... Wait... When did you start making sense Robert? Is this new? You turned over a new leaf! Go Robert!!!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-15-2014, 3:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
The Head Officials have been announced.
Gene Steratore for Sea-SF
Tony Corrente for Pats-Broncos

Generally, Steratore-led officiating crews call fewer penalties, which should make all you haters mad. But, games officiated by his crews have historically trended favor visiting teams a little more than most... so you've got that goin for you. Regardless, I'd expect the officials to let them play.
Oh, so now officials are trending? What next? Fashion statements.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-15-2014, 8:08 AM Reply   
The excuses are already starting coupled with unbearable whining. Gawd you Hawks haters are pathetic.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-15-2014, 8:19 AM Reply   
No excuses here. It's only four more days until you hawks fans can go back to your perennial anonymity. Just be glad you got this far.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-15-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
Looking at tickets for the Hawks/49ers game but it's going to be roughly $400-$500 a seat (nose bleed). Does anyone else on here enjoy watching the game on a big screen with all your buddies more than going to the actual game? Or am I in the minority?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-15-2014, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Looking at tickets for the Hawks/49ers game but it's going to be roughly $400-$500 a seat (nose bleed). Does anyone else on here enjoy watching the game on a big screen with all your buddies more than going to the actual game? Or am I in the minority?
I'd rather be sitting in my chair in front of my 120" screen with the remote in one hand and my favorite beverage in the other. It's still fun to see it in person once in awhile though.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-15-2014, 11:49 AM Reply   
I will go to a couple of 49ER games per year but prefer watching the remainder of the games at home in HD with good food/beverages and friends.

Instead of season tickets, I will pay a premium for good seats to a couple of good games.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-15-2014, 12:01 PM Reply   
^^^Well it looks like Hawk fans and 49er fans can agree on something.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-15-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
Agreed on the decision to sit at home and watch on hi def with buddies. I make sure I go to the home opener every year but I watch the rest from my man cave.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-15-2014, 12:13 PM Reply   
If you have season tickets they are not nearly as much
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-15-2014, 1:58 PM Reply   
I have season tickets and I absolutely LOVE them. It's the whole ritual... gearing up for the weather, meeting my friends (we have 9 seats together) before the games and drinking a few beers... being there for the player intros, flag raising and the national anthem... and then the emotion of the games... man, I just can't get enough. Of course, I also record them so I can re-watch comfortably later and see what I missed.