Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (pariswake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-19-2010, 3:44 AM Reply   
Hi, what is the difference between the Pro Air Nautique & Nautique Super Sport?

How do they compare for wakeboarding?
Which is most desirable?

thanks.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2010, 4:42 AM Reply   
Compleetly different boats. You can do a search, there are many topics about these 2 boats.

In short:
Pro Air is a d-drive (engine in the middle), with a great wake. The hull is compleetly different then the Super Sport.
Super Sport has one of the best hulls of the wakeboard community. It is well know that the Super Sport and the 1999-2006 Super Air are basically the same boat. This boat is a V-drive (rear engine), with some more room in the boat.

I owned a pro-air and Super Sport. Wake wise in basic trim the wakes were different but both very satisfiable. When you put some weigth in the boats the wake of the Super Sport will get huge.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-19-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
Supersport > Pro-Air
V-dive > D-drive
Old     (pariswake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-19-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
As a start up boat to wakeboard which would you go for?
- a proair, 2000 model with a 500 hr GT40 engine, tower & ballast?
- an SSN, 99' model with 480 hrs GT40 engine no particular options?
How do you see the resale value of these boats?
Thanks for your help.
Old    brycejay            01-19-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
99 SSN hands down. Better wake, better resale, better layout.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-19-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
I will agree with bruce. I had a 93 sport, similar to a pro air. Put a tower on it, always had a need for sacks on the floor. I had it for 2 years and I couldnt take it any more. It was easy to work on, and great to drive but it was a specific function boat.

I got the 03 Super air (super sport) and the difference in interior room is amazing considering they are on the same hull. It is a nice boat for layout and seating. No more annoying engine to walk around or talk over. I could take this boat on a cruise with a few people if I wanted to and it makes the best wake out there too. There is way more storage, it isnt too bad to work on, the resale is better because it is well sought after. I think you would not go wrong going with the Super sport. If you get the pro air, you will do like ma and many others on here and regret buying a direct drive and buy a V drive anyway 2 years later.
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-19-2010, 12:16 PM Reply   
Get the 99 and put the 99 Super Air graphics on them. Those graphics are the coolest out there, it's too bad they were only around for one year.
Old     (pariswake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-19-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
I heard in 2000 that the v drive was modified on the SSN... can anyone comment?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-19-2010, 1:22 PM Reply   
What do you mean by modified??

The OG super air was a SSN with diff graphics. is that what you mean?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-19-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
No, the supersport vdrive has always had the same hull up until 2007. The changes were to the wrap-around seating, gunnel width and mostly cosmetic stuff. The wetted surface is the same.
Old    brycejay            01-19-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Nothing was modified that I know of, except graphics.
Old     (pariswake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-19-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
I heard that in 2000 CC also modified the hull of the SSN for a better wakeboard wake and the drive train. The pre 1999 SSN was sort of an experiment where they took an existing boat and tried to modify it for the new sport of wakeboarding. In 2000 they learned more from what customers wanted and changed the wake characteristics and adapted the boat for ballast tanks and gave the v-drive more beef to handle heavier workloads.

Is this info correct?

I'm also trying to establish the difference between a 99'SSN and a 2000 SSN?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-19-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Emmanuel, the wetted surface aka the part of the boat this is in the water hasn't changed. Other than that I am not sure what the exact changes to the deck or interior were. You will get the same wake on both year boats.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-19-2010, 2:01 PM Reply   
You're going to have a tough time finding either one. I wouldn't narrow my search to a '99 or '00 depending on what you learn about each boat...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-19-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
ALso, the SSN hull goes back to 95 or 96 IIRC....
Old     (olskooltige)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-20-2010, 8:03 AM Reply   
I have a 99 SAN and it has total surface control stickers on it. I don't know when those started. You can see the hull in a few of the pics here.

http://www.wakeboatworld.com/wakesocial/photos/album?albumid=1&userid=63
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-20-2010, 10:48 PM Reply   
That's a close second for graphics (IMHO). Here's what I'm talking about for the old retro looking graphics-
http://www.correctcraftboats.com/pnuploads/full_878.jpg