Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-10-2005, 11:14 PM Reply   
So here goes the story... It was last fall when I chose to follow the mechanic who has always worked on my boat. The marine shop he worked for was sold then closed down, then he went with a smaller company who couldn't afford him, and now he is with a boat manufacturer and he does all of the servicing of their boats.

Last year I dropped the boat off at the shop for winterizing, I left it their for a few days and let them know I was leaving town so I wanted it done so I could bring it home and store it. They were slow and I asked them to drop it off at the house since he lived a few blocks away. I get home and find a bill with a delivery charge of $35.

So I was a little mad about that and expressed my displeasure.

So now it is spring and summarizing time. I leave the boat there and after a few days, it is still not done. But when I arrive there, he is using a cutting torch and removing a flat deck tool box and said he had to get that done first. Then the next day I go there, he is under tha same truck and covered in hydraulic fluid because he is mounting a crane on the flat deck truck. So the next day I told him I was leaving town and needed the boat done so I could take it back home. They finished a day late and I get back after the weekend and my boat is partially covered with my cover but it is full of water. I get home and pull the water and cover off... and inside the boat is soaking wet cardboard!!!

When the weather finally turned nice I took the boat down to the launch to make sure everything is ok... water is flushing out of the back of the motor! They didn't put in one of the plugs in the manifold. So I get one and put it in and head to the lake again... Still a small leak from another one... NO o-ring... So now that I get all of that straightened out... I figure I will ahve no problems...

We head out on the lake and the bilge keeps turning on... I look at the motor... no water flushing out....

The water is coming from me heater core... they must have not fluched out the heater core for the winter... so water is fluching out of the core...

That is where I am now....

Can a heater core be fixed?

Would a rad shop be able to fix it... I have to figure out a way to take it out... I am not going near that shop again!
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-11-2005, 12:57 AM Reply   
bummer man. I have a story too. i just bought a 2003 X-2 that was a Promo boat from a dealership. I picked it up on one of the coldest days of January and when I got home I found that my ski locker was full of water sitting on top of my empty ballast bag and Froven. I wasn't pleased. So I got it out and put the boat in the garage. the next day i was in it checking everything out and couldn't get the stereo to work. Figured out that the amp was shorted out. Took it to the dealer and they replced it for free. Then, Last weekend I took the boat out and like you I noticed water in the bottom of the hull. It was coming in faster than the belge could pump it out. So I pulled it out and looked under the boat and saw that water was pouring out around the drive-shaft. So it's now in the shop and who knows when I will get it back and what else will be wrong when I get it out again.