Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2012, 5:45 AM Reply   
Love it,
Attached Images

Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-17-2012, 6:04 AM Reply   
is this pulling the stop this weekend?
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-17-2012, 6:08 AM Reply   
The graphics are pretty generic and boring IMO. No doubt a nice boat though.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-17-2012, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallenger View Post
is this pulling the stop this weekend?
Yes
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-17-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
It better be good....
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-17-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
i don't own a mastercraft or a nautique, but IMO the g23 is muchhhh better looking. this is boring, i'd rather have the green g23. but i could never own either one so....
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-17-2012, 6:42 AM Reply   
I am sure there will be different graphic options available on the boat. They most likely kept it simple and wanted to brand "X-Star" all over the PWT with all the media coverage.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-17-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
No power tower. Hmm...
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2012, 8:11 AM Reply   
Put a Avengers wrap on it and it's Golden
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2012, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
No power tower. Hmm...
What are you seeing Adam? I see a power tower on there. It is unmistakeable with the shock boot cover things.

That said, this looks much better then the original one that was unveiled at the surf expo. I didn't like the lines with the swoop/arch/hips thing originally but they are already growing on me. Both on this xstar and the X30. I have a feeling that boat on the water is going to look really sexy, especially slammed. I wish they had some option for it without the power tower. I would rather have the tower they have used the last 4 or 5 years that needs the braces then the power tower. That most recent power tower does look better then any of the previous ones though.

Levi, I think part of Michael bringing up the weight issue has a lot to do with that being a staple pro MC argument and why they cost more. I have heard this a lot "some of the reason MC cost more is because they have more material built in, you can see that in the weight" and I even used that when I was selling mastercrafts.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-17-2012, 8:59 AM Reply   
That's not the power tower, even the base ZFT4 tower has those shock boots now.

http://wakeboardingmag.com/news/2012...-flex-tower-4/

Last edited by Brett_B; 05-17-2012 at 9:04 AM.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-17-2012, 9:05 AM Reply   
That is not the power tower, its the ZFT4 (which looks much better than the power tower) or some variation thereof:

I'm just wondering if the power tower, as it is currently designed, is on the way out?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Huh, somehow I missed that. Would look a lot better without the shockboot things. IT must have shocks to help hold up or take the weight off when you want to lower that tower. Still would rather have the older tower with the braces. Hell the 05 and 06 tube tower with swivel racks is the best lookign and most sturdy they have made. They ned to bring that back.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-17-2012, 9:34 AM Reply   
+1 on the 05-06 tower. I loved mine, would have loved it more if it would have had the optional swivel racks.

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-17-2012, 9:35 AM Reply   
Why did I ever sell that boat?!?!

Maybe I need an all white X25
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-17-2012, 9:41 AM Reply   
That white looks sharp!!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2012, 9:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakecumberland View Post
Why did I ever sell that boat?!?!

Maybe I need an all white X25
No **** dude, you blew that one. J/K, kind of. Your X2 was and still is one of my favorite looking wake boats of all time. So fresh and so clean, clean.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-17-2012, 11:16 AM Reply   
The ZFT4 is actually a really nice looking tower and is probably the easiest folding tower in the industry. My wife folded it with one hand. For someone who has to fold their tower down every outing it's so fast and easy. And it looks much better then the ZFT2.

And I know what you mean Brett, but that guy is just so biased it's annoying. All the inboard companies make sweet boats. Constantly saying how yours is the best just makes you look like a tool and many other here have said that. A g23 or new Star are both world class. We all wish we could own one.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
Rusty
Attached Images

Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-17-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Is that a pic of a "boat jacking" in east LA?
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-17-2012, 12:11 PM Reply   
^ I have a brand new Xstar but I don't want anybody to see me in it.

Man I wish I was driving a G23.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-17-2012, 12:16 PM Reply   
I'd wear one of those too if I spent $125k and this was my wake.

Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-17-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
could be just me or the angle, but does the main seating look small? the bow looks huge obviously, but i figured with it being a bigger boat, the interior behind the windshield would be biig
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2012, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
could be just me or the angle, but does the main seating look small? the bow looks huge obviously, but i figured with it being a bigger boat, the interior behind the windshield would be biig
If they kept similar proportions, which based on the lines they did, to the old xstar this woudn't be a big surprise at all. The older Xstar has a tiny cockpit for a 22' boat. The cockpit in the older xstar is actually smaller then the picklefork X2. It did have a lot of room in the bow though and a huge sundeck with huge storage compartments.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-17-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post

That wake looks huge at the 21-23 second mark. Maybe its just me, but the wake through out that video does not look clean at all.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-17-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
I was at surfexpo and the seating area is small its very similar to that of the previous Xstar. Seemed to me they just added to the bow. This is a wake machine not a family boat gotta think only people that are 100% into wakeboarding or just want to be cool will own this boat. Everyone else will go with an X25, X30 etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sippi View Post
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-17-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
That wake looked really washed out in the video- what's up with that? for $ 125K that wake ought to be a frickin' water wall with a razor-blade sharp edge on it, an feel like concrete when you're riding up it. I don't get it...
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-17-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
Mark V posted- ^ I have a brand new Xstar but I don't want anybody to see me in it.

Mark- That's Travis behind the wheel of Shaun's Nautique! Probably doesn't want his sponsors to see him -lol- kidding. But that is Shaun's boat.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-17-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by will5150 View Post
Mark V posted- ^ I have a brand new Xstar but I don't want anybody to see me in it.

Mark- That's Travis behind the wheel of Shaun's Nautique! Probably doesn't want his sponsors to see him -lol- kidding. But that is Shaun's boat.
That is Shaun himself in his 230.
Old     (will5150)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-17-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
I stand corrected! Not used to seeing him drive- lol!
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-17-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post

Ouch. That does not look clean at all.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-17-2012, 2:10 PM Reply   
Wake looks awful..........................boat looks sick
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       05-17-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
You're telling me I have to edge in to pure white wash & pray to Allah that it doesn't suck the board off my feet?! Even the rusty double up wake looked fugly (yet amazing height)
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-17-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
that wake looks bad. OUCH.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
"This is a wake machine not a family boat"

Then why create a bow the size of a queen size bed?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-17-2012, 2:49 PM Reply   
and the bright interior colors look cool, but I have a feeling it would get old quick. I personally find the green hard on the eyes. I do admire MC for taking risks though. Pickle Fork, graffiti graphics, loud interior......they ain't scurred :-)
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2012, 6:50 AM Reply   
My dealer got the new G yesterday after checking it out in person all I will say is all other brands have some big shoes to fill.
It has been stated 3 times on this thread that the new star is 125k is that a fact or just wishful thinking?
Old     (Chuch)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
I've stayed out of this mess as someone who will never affored one of these, but wow, there are a few shots in that video that make that wake look HORRIBLE. WTH?
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2012, 8:16 AM Reply   
maybe the boat was turning the whole time, give it a chance guys, for 125K there better not be any wash ever!
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-18-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
As mentioned before, its strnage they are not using the power tower. I thought they would for sure spec the boat with the power tower to promote it. IMO, not a good move by MC. Even though the ZFT-4 looks way better than the ZFT-2, it has tons more flex. In the showroom, I found it had as much or more flex than the power tower.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-18-2012, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post
As mentioned before, its strnage they are not using the power tower. I thought they would for sure spec the boat with the power tower to promote it. IMO, not a good move by MC. Even though the ZFT-4 looks way better than the ZFT-2, it has tons more flex. In the showroom, I found it had as much or more flex than the power tower.
You are ****ting me, right? Another MC tower that is going to need braces?
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-18-2012, 9:38 AM Reply   
There's a better video here: http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...neration-Trail
Hard to tell if the wake looks washy in this one. Shota is sure boosting off the wake, that's for sure.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-18-2012, 9:44 AM Reply   
I know they are getting booted... but come on when do harley and shota not get booted? they have springs for legs. the wake looks like crap to me. looks washed at ever glimpse you get to see it. that double tantrum was sweet though.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-18-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
That last video with Harley and Shota doesn't show a single shot of the face of the wake they are hitting. All video is from behind the rider or from the landing side. Makes you wonder if they did that on purpose after seeing the less then stellar wake in teh other video.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-18-2012, 9:57 AM Reply   
^^^ my thoughts exactly
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2012, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhunter View Post
My dealer got the new G yesterday after checking it out in person all I will say is all other brands have some big shoes to fill.
It has been stated 3 times on this thread that the new star is 125k is that a fact or just wishful thinking?
Thanks for your completely unbiased review...

(Still holding out hope for WW adding a "block user" feature)
Old    mojo            05-18-2012, 10:48 AM Reply   
I'm building a boat based on googles self driving car that has led TVs for everything and trim tabs, bow thrusters, seat a/c, auto docking, and artificial intelligence. Jk. Regardless of anything else, that was a crap video, with riding we've all seen before. Why even put that out? If anything it'll just send deep pockets who care looking elsewhere.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-18-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
New G23, different color schemes than normally seen.
Attached Images

Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
Thanks for your completely unbiased review...

(Still holding out hope for WW adding a "block user" feature)
My review was based on my own observations of the boat. I took a ton of pics I can post them now if you want. I am going out for a test drive on Sun I will post the results next week.

You want to block my posts ? For what being too passionate about my brand of choice.
If you dont like what I write then why do you read my posts?
Why dont you go and see one for yourself then post your opinion and tell me what I said that is incorrect.

Last edited by mhunter; 05-18-2012 at 1:53 PM.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-18-2012, 1:51 PM Reply   
My god that G23 is a whale. No doubt the Xstar has sexier/better lines. It will be interesting to see how these 2 boats stack up against each other once we hear from soem actual owners and see some real world use. Still like the MB 24 tomcat for probably 50k less then either boat.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-18-2012, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
My review was based on my own observations of the boat. I took a ton of pics I can post them now if you want. I am going out for a test drive on Sun I will post the results next week.

You want to block my posts ? For what being too passionate about my brand of choice.
Why dont you go and see one for yourself then post your opinion and tell me what I said that is incorrect.
I'd like to see the pics, but we should probably do it in another thread
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-18-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
Why would you choose baby puke green as an interior color? Good one MC. The orange at least was bearable.
In 5 years someone will be hatin life with that green or orange and be wanting to replace it! It's too much!

Those graphics do not look like they belong on a $125k boat either.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-18-2012, 2:25 PM Reply   
Opinion?...... I think people that spend 125k on a boat are looking for a flashy boat. Not saying all of them, not even saying myslef, but the majority do. Hence the reason they even offer the colors. Pretty sure neither Nautique nor MC put out those colors if "it's too much". It's really not too much. You could consider both these boats the ferari of the wakebaording industry... how many people buy a ferrari that doesn't have a bright paint job? I realize I'm comparing a sports car to a boat, but then again aren't both of these boats high performance? High quality? What's wrong with flash? In no way trying to get in a peeing contest here, simply saying that "too much" is more of a matter or personal opinion that actual facts.
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2012, 2:40 PM Reply   
Make this in a G21 and we may have a deal.

Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-18-2012, 2:45 PM Reply   
i would like to see the g23 in the water next to other 23ft wakeboats. Its gotta waffle the other boats in girth. I dont much care for the looks of either, i am sure they both will kill it, but the g23 is a load. I am wondering how the land cruiser is doing pulling it.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-18-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
To all you people hating on the xstar and think the g23 is better you should ask you local nautique dealer and ask how they came up with their hull design. because rumor has they bought an old xstar to create their hull hummm sounds fishy to me
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-18-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
^ yeah sure
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2012, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake2snow View Post
To all you people hating on the xstar and think the g23 is better you should ask you local nautique dealer and ask how they came up with their hull design. because rumor has they bought an old xstar to create their hull hummm sounds fishy to me
Your post sounds fishy to me? Here are some facts . The Nautique Pro Team worked with the R&D department and the design engineers for 2.5 years and built it from the ground up.
If they used a MC design then why didn't MC use it for their boat?
Kinda ironic since the first MC was actually a modified Correct Craft.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-18-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakedaveup View Post
New G23, different color schemes than normally seen.
Killer! Im a fan of orange
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-18-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
i would like to see the g23 in the water next to other 23ft wakeboats. Its gotta waffle the other boats in girth. I dont much care for the looks of either, i am sure they both will kill it, but the g23 is a load. I am wondering how the land cruiser is doing pulling it.
I mentioned it in another post...but the G23 makes the 230 look like a john boat side by side.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2012, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake2snow View Post
Anyone with half a brain can look at the underside of the G23 and tell it most definitely was not based on the Xstar.

Quote:

I could list a number of reasons to block your posts, most notably:

-You try to come off as just a consumer reporting fact, but everything you write is completely biased.

-According to you Nautiques are perfect, not overpriced, and nothing else compares. Yet you were a better price away from buying a MC even after your exhaustive search.

-Even quick posts by you have one or two jabs at other brands that inevitably end up causing arguments on this site. I am just sick of it. Case in point, the wishful thinking comment above. Cue you trying to pass it off as "nothing malicious intended" now...

If Nautique was perfect, they wouldn't have had flops like the Pro Air and Super Air 220, or complete misses like the original 226. Nautique is my favorite brand tow boat, but I find myself hoping for this Xstar to be successful just to put you in your place. The sad fact is even if the Xstar is better, you would never be logical enough to admit it.

I try to avoid your posts, but you post in most boat threads, even ones that aren't already discussing Nautiques.

I fail to see how me looking at the G23 and giving my opinion will even matter, anything I critique you will try to negate. Hell you didn't even believe me that Nautique had tower issues until I posted the link from PlanetNautique. Get off the Nautique high horse. Great boats, leave it at that. This is after all an Xstar thread, isn't it? It is kind of hard to remember at this point....
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-18-2012, 5:58 PM Reply   
Matt quote

-You try to come off as just a consumer reporting fact, but everything you write is completely biased.

-According to you Nautiques are perfect, not overpriced, and nothing else compares. Yet you were a better price away from buying a MC even after your exhaustive search.

-Even quick posts by you have one or two jabs at other brands that inevitably end up causing arguments on this site. I am just sick of it. Case in point, the wishful thinking comment above. Cue you trying to pass it off as "nothing malicious intended" now...

If Nautique was perfect, they wouldn't have had flops like the Pro Air and Super Air 220, or complete misses like the original 226. Nautique is my favorite brand tow boat, but I find myself hoping for this Xstar to be successful just to put you in your place. The sad fact is even if the Xstar is better, you would never be logical enough to admit it.

I try to avoid your posts, but you post in most boat threads, even ones that aren't already discussing Nautiques.

I fail to see how me looking at the G23 and giving my opinion will even matter, anything I critique you will try to negate. Hell you didn't even believe me that Nautique had tower issues until I posted the link from PlanetNautique. Get off the Nautique high horse. Great boats, leave it at that. This is after all an Xstar thread, isn't it? It is kind of hard to remember at this point....

So much to answer
1- True, I am biased so what lots of people on here are. So what? That doesn't change the facts .
2- False, I never said that. True, expensive yes but not overpriced when compared to a equivalent brand with the same options. Maybe, But I have not found it yet. False, They tried to justify the high price with the Cash Rewards offer . It smelled like a scam and only convinced me to continue my search after the 210 test drive I didn't want the 215 anymore. If I had bought the X15 at the price they quoted me I would have lost 27-34k if I tried to sell it today
3- maybe so, but unlike the name calling and personal insults you seem to have no problem with I try to keep it directed to the boat only. The G lists out for 107k that was immediately inflated to 135 k with out a single fact or proof and now the Star is 125k? I was told at the boat show it will be in the 150k range . If you know for a fact that's not true then sound off.
Until then 125k for a loaded star is wishful thinking.
4-True, But I never said they were perfect. Yes they have had some failures in the past and also some tremendous successes 196,200,200 sport ,210 pre 06 210 post 06 230 and G23 that is what makes the new ones so good . I also hope the new Star is a success any advancement in the sport is good. From what I have seen so far I dont think the G has much to worry about.
5- My posts are easy to spot they all say m hunter at the top . I dont know why you are having trouble avoiding them?
6- How can you even say anything about a boat you haven't seen? MC is having a demo day sun I will be there I am not interested in the Star but I would like to check out the X30 and 197. How can I compare Nautique with out looking at the others. I dont hate the other brands the Nauti just works for me. If a different brand builds a better boat I would have no problem buying it . True, it is a MC thread so I will try to stick to subject . I am going to check out the new star in action tomorrow .

Last edited by mhunter; 05-18-2012 at 6:01 PM.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-18-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
mhunter, do you work for Nautique? Honest question, honest answer please.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-18-2012, 6:34 PM Reply   
Quote:

So much to answer
1- True, I am biased so what lots of people on here are. So what? That doesn't change the facts .
I should have just stopped at #1. You proved my point. You don't post facts. You simply push your bias on everyone else under the guise of "facts."

Quote:
mhunter, do you work for Nautique? Honest question, honest answer please.
No, he definitely doesn't. He is what I would call a Nautique groupie or fanboy. Even the people designing and building the boats themselves are more objective and logical than him. I have talked directly with a number of people from Nautique, I stand by my statement.

Last edited by MattieK27; 05-18-2012 at 6:36 PM.
Old     (hyperlite_boards)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-18-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
Sooooooooooooo........back to the xstar

I think the new video does the boat justice. The wake still looks washy but those guys were getting absolutely booted. Wish i could see harley ride the g23 and star side by side.
http://www.sbcwakeboard.com/video_di...neration-Trail

Last edited by hyperlite_boards; 05-18-2012 at 7:17 PM. Reason: video for reference
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       05-18-2012, 7:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Matt quote

So much to answer
2- False, I never said that. True, expensive yes but not overpriced when compared to a equivalent brand with the same options. Maybe, But I have not found it yet. False, They tried to justify the high price with the Cash Rewards offer . It smelled like a scam and only convinced me to continue my search after the 210 test drive I didn't want the 215 anymore. If I had bought the X15 at the price they quoted me I would have lost 27-34k if I tried to sell it today
3- maybe so, but unlike the name calling and personal insults you seem to have no problem with I try to keep it directed to the boat only. The G lists out for 107k that was immediately inflated to 135 k with out a single fact or proof and now the Star is 125k? I was told at the boat show it will be in the 150k range . If you know for a fact that's not true then sound off.
Until then 125k for a loaded star is wishful thinking.
4-True, But I never said they were perfect. Yes they have had some failures in the past and also some tremendous successes 196,200,200 sport ,210 pre 06 210 post 06 230 and G23 that is what makes the new ones so good . I also hope the new Star is a success any advancement in the sport is good. From what I have seen so far I dont think the G has much to worry about.
5- My posts are easy to spot they all say m hunter at the top . I dont know why you are having trouble avoiding them?
6- How can you even say anything about a boat you haven't seen? MC is having a demo day sun I will be there I am not interested in the Star but I would like to check out the X30 and 197. How can I compare Nautique with out looking at the others. I dont hate the other brands the Nauti just works for me. If a different brand builds a better boat I would have no problem buying it . True, it is a MC thread so I will try to stick to subject . I am going to check out the new star in action tomorrow .
There's a 'Reply' button for a reason. It makes your posts easier to read and understand and would make you look just a little bit smarter if you used it instead of copying and pasting.

It also makes it easier when someone is trying to quote you (which seems to happen after virtually all of your posts) since by simply hitting 'Reply' it automagically does everything for you and quotes only what you posted and not everything you copied and pasted.
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-18-2012, 7:18 PM Reply   
Screenshot from 1:13 of the Vimeo video...

Wake isn't washed out on the trick side, only the landing side. Not necessarily a bad thing since washed out landing will result in a more forgiving one. Check out any video of Harley on his old boat... almost the same wake (clean on trick side, washed out on landing side). This one is just a hell of a lot bigger.
Attached Images

Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-18-2012, 10:54 PM Reply   
Why did I hear that many of the guys today didnt ride 80' behind this new Xstar and chose to ride shorter line?
Old     (TParke)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-19-2012, 1:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Why did I hear that many of the guys today didnt ride 80' behind this new Xstar and chose to ride shorter line?

Dean Smith posted this-
More chicks rode 80ft today than guys at PWT. #semigay @thewwa @thekingofwake @alliancewake @transworldwake
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-19-2012, 4:51 AM Reply   
i rode the new xstar yesterday at pwt actworh and il give you my honest opinion on the wake.

wake is hugeeeee, but there are some kinks that still need to be worked out.
the wake was inconsistant throughout today. for some riders the wake was phenominal, and for others it wasnt so great. i rode in the 7th heat and shortened my rope to 75 feet and bumped the speed up a little, because the wake washed on alot of riders, and it seemed super fast and the boat was porpoising a bit... i rode miserable btw, but i definitely think the wake was great and would be alot better if i had some time with it. the wake is definitely gigantic though, they just really need to dial the boat in.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-19-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
mhunter... I wouldn't put it past CC to put out a 21 in the future, I think the biggest issue now is what would happen to the 210 if they came out with a G21.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-19-2012, 6:35 AM Reply   
The inconsistent wake could be the result from the porpoising. Remedy, reduce weight in the transom lockers move more weight to the bow. from the pics I see the bow is way in the air
And if they would move the weight to center of the hull it'll reduce the wake washing on the op side, jm .02
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-19-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
i rode the new xstar yesterday at pwt actworh and il give you my honest opinion on the wake.

wake is hugeeeee, but there are some kinks that still need to be worked out.
the wake was inconsistant throughout today. for some riders the wake was phenominal, and for others it wasnt so great. i rode in the 7th heat and shortened my rope to 75 feet and bumped the speed up a little, because the wake washed on alot of riders, and it seemed super fast and the boat was porpoising a bit... i rode miserable btw, but i definitely think the wake was great and would be alot better if i had some time with it. the wake is definitely gigantic though, they just really need to dial the boat in.
That is a pretty bad sign. A bunch of riders had to speed up and shorten their rope to ride in a spot where the wake was clean and the boat porpoised. If the boat is porpoising and the wake is washy the first thing that comes to mind is bow weight. As in add more or take some out of the rear. It is going to suck though if they went through all this trouble of designing a game changer and the boat is going to need extra sacs in the bow to keep the wake clean. I would be interested in seeing or hearing about the wake with full stock and plug n play(if that is an option on the boat) full. If the wake isn't clean for normal riders wanting to ride at 75 feet and 22 or 23 mph this boat is doomed.

I wonder how it would perform with a trim tab on the back to keep the bow down? MC doesnt' seem to like putting trim plates but this is a 24' boat. Maybe it is needed?
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-19-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
Looks to me like it is equipped with a trim tab...
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-19-2012, 11:24 AM Reply   
My god, if they can't keep the wake clean with a trim tab they are in deep ****.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-19-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
Sorry, pro riders having to ride 75 ft = epic fail. Nautique 1 MC -1
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-19-2012, 4:36 PM Reply   
I am diggin the cc g23.