Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-25-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
My ballast pump went out for the front 1,100 lbs sac. Does anyone have a suggestion on what I should order to replace it? I would love to receive the pump by Friday before we head back to the lake. Thanks.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2011, 10:56 AM Reply   
Do your rear sac's still fill? It should have only one fill pump for all three of your bags and use sprinkler valves to divert the water to each bag. You may just need a new valve.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-25-2011, 3:06 PM Reply   
Yes, the rear sacs still fill and empty just fine. It was the front sac that would not empty yesterday. I think it has one to fill and 3 seperate drain pumps.
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-25-2011, 3:43 PM Reply   
i have an 08 moomba lsv, the other day one of my rear bags would not drain. i bought a new pump, plugged it in, and no go. the new and old pumps would work on the other side. the problem was a fuse that had blown. there is a fuse panel for each ballast switch, i replaced the fuse, now i have an extra pump. ( i had help from a guy on the moomba forums to figure this out) if you want my new pump, let me know, i could get it out to you overnight.
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-25-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
I think a Tsunami 800 is a direct replacement for the drain pumps.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-25-2011, 6:34 PM Reply   
You probably just have your drain hose kinked. It happens when you put that big bag up there. See if you can reach down there and feel the drain hose. Might be tough if it is full. Other thing is put the pump on drain and stand on the bag. You might need to put some pressure behind it, but if your rears are working it is not your pump. You should only have one pump as Blair said above
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-25-2011, 7:17 PM Reply   
I think you can get the rule 800 at walmart to use as you drain pump. I'm pretty sure I saw it there one time.
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-25-2011, 7:48 PM Reply   
second the fuse comment. i had the same issue on my 07 21v. happened twice...replace the fuse and all was good. the pumps are pretty good, the valves aren't.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-25-2011, 7:53 PM Reply   
You guys are right now that I think of it. There are three seperate drains pumps and they are cheap if you have to replace them.
Check the drain hose and make sure it is not kinked
Check the fuse
Replace the pump
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-26-2011, 7:02 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the info. I will check the fuses and drain line and go from there.
Old     (ttduncan)      Join Date: Jan 2008       07-26-2011, 12:55 PM Reply   
well, now that i replaced my blown fuse it all seemed to work, but that was in the garage. last night on the lake, when we finished, i hit the drain and nothing. the fuse had blown again. so i tried a couple more fuses, hoping that the problem would go away, after a few more blown fuses, we went home, with one ballast full. so i presume that i have a short in the wire somewhere that i have to track down (of which i gain no pleasure). hope yours is simple. could a bad pump be causing the fuse to blow?
Old     (Bumpass1)      Join Date: Oct 2010       07-26-2011, 3:22 PM Reply   
Bad motor in the pump will definitely cause the fuse to blow. In the garage, did you test with any water in the sac or with the bag empty? If empty, then I would say that the pump is getting worn out. Any electric motor can get harder to spin with time. If that happens it increases the amps needed to spin the rotor. When amp load goes up, fuses blow to protect the rest of the electrical system. If you have a volt/ohm meter you can check the resistance between the 2 wire leads on the pump and compare it to one of the rear pumps. My bet is that you will see a lower resistance on the center pump. If it is not within a couple of ohms, replace it.