Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old    alexbrent            11-08-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
Hey guys, brand new to the forum here, nice to meet you!

looking for some help picking out some wakeboarding equipment.

im 18, only really wakeboarded once / twice a year when i go down to my mates in spain. Finished college now though and looking to go to a cable park in thailand for a month to get pretty good and then hopefully get my boat drivers license and wakeboarding instructors license in the spring to go and teach somewhere in europe in the summer, so looking for some decent equipment which will last me.

im at an alright standard at the moment, can jump wake to wake, 180, 360, and hit a few grinds...

wakeboard wise, have been looking at liquid force, watson classic 2012, shane hybrid 2011 and 2012, watson hybrid 2011....

bindings, looking at liquid force vantage ot 2012.

preference would be watson hybrid 2011 with the vantage bindings, what you guys think?

thanks in advance for the help, cheers Alex.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-08-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
The Watson hybrid is a sweet board.

18 and finished with college? What are you, like some kind of savant?
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-08-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
Haha seriously
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            11-08-2011, 12:41 PM Reply   
I have the watson hybrid 11' and watson classic 12'. If ur hitting the sliders/rails def go with the hybrid. I actually use the hybrid behind the boat alot as well.
Old     (alexbrent)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-08-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
The Watson hybrid is a sweet board.

18 and finished with college? What are you, like some kind of savant?
Haha, no, I live in the uk, college finished when ur 18 then you go to university.

Think I will most likely end up with the Watson hybrid 2011.

Would be willing to fork out the extra 150-200 bucks for the 2012 if it's worth it, but figured at my standard, wouldn't be a huge difference? Apart from the sweet artwork on it...
What do you guys reckon? Will it last longer? Be a better ride? Help me out? Or am I just as well off with the 2011?

Thanks for all the replies :-)
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-09-2011, 5:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbrent View Post
Haha, no, I live in the uk, college finished when ur 18 then you go to university.
In the U.S we attend college at universities...
Old     (coda281)      Join Date: Jun 2011       11-08-2011, 8:39 PM Reply   
save some money and go with the 2011, anyways, if u havent looked at slingshot boards yet, i recommend them also, alot of fun on cable
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-08-2011, 10:25 PM Reply   
get a good rope and handle too for boat
might even consider a life vest change/upgrade pending what you already got and feel comfortable with