Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (WakesurfSanDiego)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-09-2012, 5:57 PM Reply   
A buddy has a boat with music, he just needs an AMP, and tower speakers.
The boat is a 2008 Centurion Enzo 240, with Evolution Tower.
The boat is used 100% in Salt Water.
Budget for AMP & 2-4 Tower Speakers total, INSTALLED is $2,500 MAX
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
Does he wakeboard and it so does he want to hear it clearly while wakeboarding or dos he just surf? What tower does he have? Was 2008 the Gladiator or the evolution?
Old     (WakesurfSanDiego)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-09-2012, 6:58 PM Reply   
95% SURFING - 5% Wakeboarding, so we are really looking for a SURFING solution...
EVOLUTION Tower...
Just need the AMP & Speakers & Salt Proof Installation....
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2012, 7:12 PM Reply   
Since you are 100% salt I would do wetsounds or JL probably. I am not sure JL has adapters though for the evolution tower. So I think I would probably stick with wetsounds. I would either go with 2 pairs of ICON-8's and a syn2 or one set of REV10's with a syn 4.

ICON-8's run about 700/pair plus 570 for the amp. That would be 2000 for gear giving you 500 for install.
REV10's run 1150/pair plus 600 for the syn4. So at that point you are 1750 plus install.

I also see they have saltwater series stuff but not sure the difference between it and the stuff I mentioned other then they are all cheaper 6.5" speakers.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-09-2012, 9:47 PM Reply   
By the way, my recommedations are based strictly off of what I have heard/read on wakeworld so take them with a grain of salt. There was another thread recently where people all got in a tizzy because some speakers are actual marine speakers and some aren't. From what I remember wetsounds, JL and maybe one or two more manufacturer's were the only one's to make a legit true marine speaker that will hold up in salt use.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-10-2012, 8:55 PM Reply   
I won't comment on component selection, you have already got some good advice...but for salt use I can comment on some other items.

Interconnect hardware...Use QUALITY stuff. Quality wire from Monster or Street Wires. Power dist from them as well.

Battery connections should be CLEAN, as well as amp and speaker connections. This includes ALL Power and Ground connections in the boat. Dirty ground connections are a big cause of Alternator whine, especially at the engine block.

Solder connections (If you can) then shrinkwrap where possible too.

DI-Electric is your BEST FRIEND!!! This will help keep the salt-air from starting the corrosion process, and help in resist rusting.

Understand, you CAN'T get away from corrosion in a 100% saltwater environment. I know, I have over 1000hrs on my boat entirely in saltwater. It's all about the maintenance.