Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-04-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
Wakeviolater I know you've been waiting for this pic for ever! Great Job on taking care of the River Lice.

Why don't you tell everyone what happened after this..

Upload
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-04-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
Thats too funny!
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       10-04-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Nice Al, damn mosquitos.
Old    K.B.C.            10-04-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
that is frickin awesome, somebody please tell me someone was still on that thing
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-04-2008, 2:12 PM Reply   
thats the best photo i have ever seen
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-04-2008, 2:14 PM Reply   
I'm personally not a fan of things like this. I equate it to a post where fishmen say something like, "These pesky wakeboarders all always out ruining our calm water...check out this shot of me casting a lure at them..." All it does is breed animosity and for me the best thing about getting on the water is letting go of all the stress that life brings...the last thing I need to have is jetskiers/fishermen, etc. out to ruin my peace.
Old     (mbsteez)      Join Date: May 2005       10-04-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
it is funny but i agree with loren. and scott you can see the guy still on it, getting soaked.
Old    wakeridinrob            10-04-2008, 2:22 PM Reply   
Sorry Loren... This is dam Funny.no matter whos point of view.

Come on Boo hoo He got wet on his over priced water bike.. OH NO!!!!!! Im Sure its all in good fun
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-04-2008, 2:24 PM Reply   
I still think theres exceptions. We dont know the story behind the pic. On our river alot of my freinds ride stand ups and other PWC's. Sometimes theyll sit off to the side and watch us ride or when they fall we'll carve out and throw a WALL to try and knock em off. Theyre freinds and get a good laugh out of it. Plus it never gets taken too far to the point where somebody may get hurt. We spend almost everyday out there on the water so theres a ton of experience. I dont know the situation of the picture, but I do feel there are a few exceptions especially for a few good laughs. Nice post riley
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-04-2008, 2:26 PM Reply   
Great pic. If it was people the boarder knew - good fun. Spraying random jet skiers - not cool.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-04-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
Oh this was totally a stranger and he was wreckin our water all evening long. The funniest part is what happened after the dousing when he tried to chase us down at 4o mph then when he got close to our boat he jumped off the back of his ski ghost riding it 30-40 yards past the boat. After he yelled at us and we laughed at him we gave him a ride back to his ski that he diched.

I was throwing my camera under the seat cause i thought he was gonna drench us. When we all watched him jump off the back of his ski we all sort looked at each other with a dumbfounded look like, dude you just lost all your power in this situation.

After we spoke (he was teaching his girl how to ride, you can see her in the water) we apologized and decided to part ways as friends.

I would never advocate this but it was sooo funny!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-04-2008, 3:23 PM Reply   
Glad to hear that it ended amiably...but for the random dude who was observing from shore, assuming he had no preconceptions about jetskiers/wakeboarders, he now thinks wakeboarders are generally the kind of people he'd not want on his lake...and we need more people digging us and our sport, not less.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-04-2008, 3:36 PM Reply   
I had a friend do this once, to a ski that was following us around using our wake for a ramp. Best part was he wound up yardsailing. So here he is sitting in the water as the people are getting back on their ski. Friggen hillarious. But i ask the question, What if it were you on the ski. Do onto others, because karma's a beeotch....
Old     (owenitall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-04-2008, 4:48 PM Reply   
does anyone else have any more pics like this? let's see some more.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-04-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
I wonder why wakeboarding is hated by just about every other water user?

Did you try asking him not to wreck your water? And how much wrecking of water can a jet ski do?

After the recent post about you getting injured it seems like you're a reasonably well connected and respected WWer. To be enjoying this sort of stunt doesn't do our sport much good.

You deserved to either be punched or ticketted (or both).

(Message edited by gobigorgohome on October 04, 2008)
Old     (tuffenuff)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-04-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
quoted, "I would never advocate this but it was sooo funny!" It seems to me like double standards and you do as you please but advise others against?IMO.} I'm just glad everybody left on good terms. Fun with friends is great! But fun with a stranger,I see a "Breaking News Story" coming on the telly.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-05-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
This is why wakeboarders have a terrible rep.

"and he was wreckin our water all evening long." highly doubt that. how was it your water? anyone can play in the pond, get off your high horse.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-05-2008, 9:38 AM Reply   
^^^^^
Yup no differant than what the fisherman say about us. I cant believe people on here think this is funny, its STUPID and dangerous plus it solves NOTHING!!!! Next time a PWC runs back and forth behind my boat, and they will, im gonna spray his ass!! That'll teach um right???
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-05-2008, 11:05 AM Reply   
Yeah pretty damn lame.
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       10-05-2008, 11:34 AM Reply   
friggin hilarious.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
this is not really what it looks like. I just did a big front flip and out of the corner of my eye I saw this jet ski. I did what I could and BARELY missed them. they should of had a flag up. i see neon orange very well.
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-06-2008, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hilarious!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-06-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
Brutal!!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-06-2008, 9:19 AM Reply   
J-Rod...you are the master and I bow to your skills. Your ability to comment on a post amazes me. Brutal!! could be taken by the 'pro trash the jetski crown' to be affirmation of their spraying prowess. It could also be taken as a comment 'against' the spraying of the jetskier. I say we have a write-in for President in a month. J-Rod for Pres, and he can get all his C.I.E. cronies to fill his cabinet. I'll bet we'd have less worries than we do now, and everyone would think that the president agreed with their point of view :-)
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-06-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Person in the water always demands a flag be raised. Luckily there was a skilled wakeboarder at the end of the rope that saved their lives.
Old    mendo247            10-06-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
Funny pic, but if that was me on the Ski and my friend in the water and all we had done all day was "Wrecked YOUR water" there would be a problem.
Old     (kvoman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
Stupidity!!!

That could have escalated into something way out of control and someone could really have gotten hurt or killed!!!

Imagine if that guy in the ski got so pissed that he goes nuts and goes after the boarder and run his ass over!!! Who would be laughing!!! Everyone would be on the losing end...that was just pure stupid!!!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-06-2008, 10:32 AM Reply   
Thanks Loren....I think.

I like to leave my comments wide open to interpretation so that I can swing my stand point one way, or the other, at any time. Just like a politician....

I did the same thing once, and then feared that the guy might run me over.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-06-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Since many states don't require flags, does that mean people can just ride without paying attention to what is going on around them? Lack of a raised flag is a weird justification to nearly run over someone in my opinion.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-06-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
"Welcome to Wakeworld" Post a picture of you doing somthing not so P.C and be prepaired to get Flamed by the "High & Mighty" Ya know the people that have never done ANYTHING stupid.
Prop's to the people urging better way's to deal with this situation other than pointing finger's and calling name's. I think the photo's funny. And it sum's up thought's all of us have had at time's. Would I have done that to the Jet Ski guy? I don't know? I wasent there when it was going down. Ill just say im glad everything worked out and you ended up as friends atthe end. Thanks for the pick
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       10-06-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Well put Grant!
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-06-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
Exactly! How many times have we all wanted to do this??
Old     (joshbuzz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-06-2008, 11:43 AM Reply   
Please chill out people.

It was a joke, it was funny. They made friends, and you weren't there so you don't know the whole situation. So much hate! Good shot Riley glad you were there to catch it on film lol.

And anyone that has almost been hit by a ski understands how annoying it is when they're around. I had one come five yards away from me when I fell on Ouachita this summer, and it scared the crap out of me. he didn't see me fall and was trying to ramp our wake while I was riding and I didn't know he was there til he sprayed me to get out of the way.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-06-2008, 11:49 AM Reply   
J-Rod...it was a true compliment...I'm not so adept at voicing my opinion and it is truly a life skill that can get you out of some untenable situations.

As far as the 'high and mighty' comment goes...I agree that I've done plenty of stupid things in my life, but that's not an excuse to keep on doing them. Let's say some 12 year old kid sees this thread...all he sees are a bunch of 'right on' and 'that dude got thrashed' comments. So, next time he's out he decides to be cool and get photographed doing the same thing... I'm just trying to put myself in the shoes of the jetskier or a bystander and make others think of what 'we' look like to 'them'. I want to wakeboard for years to come...not get banned from my lake.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
The situation was a little more "fun loving" than some people on here think. This guy was doing circles in THE water (not our water) most of the time we were there. He was getting too close to us and we tried to wave him off a few times, and I think the PA system on our buddies boat was utilized once or twice. if i recall correctly the waverunner was in the act of tossing his passanger and both people had just thrown off the runner, and only the guy had gotten back on (they were already wet, and it was a very hot day).

I wasnt trying to put anyone in harms way. I do have a bit of board control, and barring a sea lion popping up and throwing me out of control I wasnt going to hit anyone. it was done with a smile and i made eye contact with the guy after the spray and gave him a wave to show the innocence of the act. He felt we had more to talk about and came to talk to us. In the end we offered him a beer and gave him a ride to his jet ski. He was un-aware of some of the laws concerning skiers (he must be 200' from a skier, etc.) and we discussed it and he was thankful for the information.

All said and done I think we all had more respect for one another. He knew we wernt out to hurt anyone, and wanted everyone to have a good time while not impeading on other peoples fun because of ignorance. we knew he was out there to have fun and just want things to be safe.

Im glad he came and talked to us after getting sprayed cause I know that he knows more rules and laws, and also has a better idea on how to keep everyone safe.

also, it was fun to do.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-06-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
It sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.
And I obviously don't have enough to do at work!
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-06-2008, 11:56 AM Reply   
High and mighty? PLEASE!! I do my best to keep myself and everyone around me safe when I boat and would like to be able to expect the same from others, wouldnt we all? If thats high and mighty than fine i'll take it. BTW, like others have said it could have escalated depending on who it was. If that were me or one of my freinds, there would be problems FOR SURE.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-06-2008, 11:58 AM Reply   
good stuff, Al.
Old     (lettinit)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-06-2008, 12:15 PM Reply   
I normally carry a paint ball gun in my boat. If a jet skier is being " pesky" , I'll fire a warning shot near them. The second time isn't a warning and I shoot the jet ski. This usually stops the " peskiness". This also works for annoying tubers and fisherman.
Old     (balr54)      Join Date: May 2004       10-06-2008, 12:23 PM Reply   
Or when you hit them in the head a trip to jail for assault!
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-06-2008, 12:50 PM Reply   
Remind me to never post a pic on wakeworld again!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-06-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Controversial or not, that pic is pretty cool/ amazing with the timing. I bet 9 times out of 10 no one could get that good of a shot even if the jet skier knew it was going to happen.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-06-2008, 1:02 PM Reply   
Sic photo Riley...nice riding Al. Hilarious!!!
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-06-2008, 1:05 PM Reply   
classic! just like this thread
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-06-2008, 1:20 PM Reply   
great pic. And it ended friendly, so we don't need all the Negative Nancy's.

I sprayed an old lady on the front of a 'toon b/c they were tied up 3-wide clogging up a lane we HAD to go through. Since I don't have the shot from that day, I definitely appreciate the pic. Sometimes, a little spray is all they need. Gets the point across without getting nasty.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-06-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
" they should of had a flag up. i see neon orange very well."

"Person in the water always demands a flag be raised."

Huh? I thought you two had a better handle on the rules and application of the 'skier down' flag than that.

(Message edited by mammoth on October 06, 2008)
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-06-2008, 1:55 PM Reply   
that was a sarcastic joke. i clarified in my next posting.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-06-2008, 4:08 PM Reply   
Thanks, WakeV for the clarification! I obviously do not know you and did not catch that you were being sarcastic. I've felt like doing that many times to jet skiers, but have managed to restrain myself! I wasn't too moved to respond to the thread until the "did a front flip and they didn't have a flag up" and later stated by another that you "saved their lives". That's when I had to ask, for real?? I wasn't "flaming" anyone and am not familiar with the "High & Mighty" crowd. It was a simple question directly related to the no raised flag situation.

Glad it all ended peacefully and that you educated him on proper operation of a jet ski!

PS Riley - it is an awesome piece of photography!
Old     (georgeliddy)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-06-2008, 9:00 PM Reply   
Just because it ended okay this time, does not mean you are not being a careless jerk who is giving wakeboarders a very bad name. A jet ski is not going to ruin your water for more than a few seconds.

And you definitely deserved to lose your water rights for that.

People like you are why the world sucks. Give your boat to someone worthwhile.
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-07-2008, 6:56 AM Reply   
Ironic that after all that crap that jetskiers get on this forum for being discourteous, stupid etc he was one who took the high road and didn't retaliate, choosing to talk about it rather than spray you. If he had sprayed you and your boat, you would have been p1ssed off I'm sure.

Quote: Remind me to never post a pic on wakeworld again!

Sounds good to me, the last thing wakeboarding needs is more pics like this on it's forums.
Old     (lettinit)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-07-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
That's funny that no one gave me a hard time about shooting jet skiers with a paint ball gun. Maybe it was too obvious I was joking. Just trying to take some heat off Wakeviolater!
Old     (brodie_chaboya)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-07-2008, 12:41 PM Reply   
I love it. I wish I was there to see.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-07-2008, 12:49 PM Reply   
BRODIE! I wish you were there too! Did you go to the NorCal vs. SoCal thing? How was it?
Old     (slaysher)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-07-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
thats' a great pic none the less :-) props to the guy who timed that. . .
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-07-2008, 2:17 PM Reply   
I wonder if the people saying stuff like.
careless jerk who is giving wakeboarders a very bad name

are the Same people with sacked out boats throwing rollers on people dock's ect. Or the people driving at 100mph to get to the lake while towing your wakeboard boat. You think these people are giving wakeboarders a good name. I hope you have never sped or throwen a big fat roller down someone's direction. "High & Mighty can be also decribed as. You think your time on the water has Improved relations between the following group's (Other Wakeboarders, Fishermen, Home owners, Local law inforcment)
Let's face it. Unless you are riding on a lake with no other boats and no docks and no other people or homes around and even then your somehow impacting someone or thing. And you think that group is gonna like your Noise, Wake, Stereo, no matter how big or small or quiet your stereo or boat is. Your pissing someone or group off. Just know that. Do what's you think's right and dont worry about the rest. Like I said in my first post. I have seen what most people here would say as Law abiding wakeboarders causing way more impact on the lake than any other group. But because Im a wakeboarder I am tollerant to it. I can point out way more thing's on any given day on the water giving Wakeboarders a bad name then some guy spraying a jet Ski'r.
Old     (lettinit)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-07-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
No "G" , the last person saying that doesn't even own a boat.!
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-07-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
As a wakeboarder, I would like to rent a waverunner and take that low-life little punk out.
Old     (tahoeguy7)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-08-2008, 7:04 AM Reply   
I see this as an act of philanthropy. The wakeboarder in the pic was helping the jet skier out by giving him a much needed bath.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-08-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
he was dirty. Strib, are taking this so personally that you are threatening me?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-08-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Some people are so lame... At least we didn't post a picture of me doing that olly over the kids in a paddle boat at dads pond... People would have probably had a heart attack.
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-08-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
we should have video taped your success with the megaphone and tubers. a you-tube link would be awesome to distribute.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-08-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
hahahahaha that's funny... the kid riding just emptied hi douche on the kid on the ski... smart? NO.. funny? yea... did it all turn out well? yea... was it smart for Columbus to set sail for a new world? NO... but that seemed to work out for all of us... maybe next time one of you won't have to deal w/ the cronie wrecking good water... if it had bit you in the a$$ you'd have learned something from it a lot faster than a bunch folks on their high horses jumping your case on wakeworld... haha keep it up... have fun and ride til the prop comes off
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-08-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
Cool picture Riley.

I can't believe people on here are giving you guys slack for that. Sometimes jet skiers have to be forced out of the way.

Upload
Old     (wakeviolater)      Join Date: Sep 2004       10-08-2008, 9:45 AM Reply   
WOW! that guy desearves to be sprayed!
Old    walt            10-08-2008, 9:49 AM Reply   
Photoshop !
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-08-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
Yeah im goin with you walt it's photoshopped
Old     (wakeboard_pittsburgh)      Join Date: Jul 2008       10-08-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
Nope, its real, I am still missing a fin from where I hit him.

Here is a larger picture.
http://www.wakeboardpittsburgh.com/photo/main.php?g2_itemId=295&g2_imageViewsIndex=1
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-08-2008, 11:02 AM Reply   
DAMN!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-08-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
WTF, I have had people close but that is crazy! Why did you even try to go W2W with the danger of getting ran over? That is a picture that will go in the record books!