Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-02-2010, 6:48 PM Reply   
Wow. Thanks for not showing up today, folks! 90 degrees and 71 in the water.

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       10-02-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
Boo Ya! Best time of the year to ride...
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-02-2010, 7:31 PM Reply   
Damn
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-02-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
P.S., pic was taken at about 11:45 a.m.
Old     (Tiffanynfern)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-02-2010, 8:28 PM Reply   
hate to say this but i've been going to this lake for at least 10 years now and it use to be a hidden treasure back in the day since it's kind of away from all the citys, but its people like you thats made lakes like this popular by posting things like this and advertising these great jewels. Thanks
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2010, 10:25 PM Reply   
^^ you mad??

what a great sight...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-03-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
Tiff: hate to bust your bubble but bullards is no secrete spot. I hate to say it but it's people like YOU that are doushe bags for trying to make anyone feel bad for shareing a cool place to go and ride in a place and fourm made exactley for that. I understand you wanting to have the place to yourself but sorry unless you are some native American Indian your poaching ur self
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-03-2010, 5:20 PM Reply   
lol @ this clown thinking Bullards is a secret spot..

I'm from MINNESOTA I know about Bullards..
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-04-2010, 10:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanynfern View Post
hate to say this but i've been going to this lake for at least 10 years now and it use to be a hidden treasure back in the day since it's kind of away from all the citys, but its people like you thats made lakes like this popular by posting things like this and advertising these great jewels. Thanks
Hey man, that ship has sailed. Bullards has a facebook page for goodness sake. It's no secret. And as much as it can suck there on a Saturday in August (and I know, it can) where 25 boats are going up and down the canyon area in the back of the lake, it was awesome on Saturday. Like a midweek bluebird powder day in April... great conditions and nobody there.

Should've taken a pic of dark day launch too... the dock is pulled out and the "island" that forms behind the launch is now an 8' tall peninsula. Luckily the launch was really mellow so you could go in cockeyed to get a straight shot out.
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       10-04-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
that looks awesome!
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       10-04-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
We were the only ones riding on my local lake yesterday as well.....It was great.
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       10-04-2010, 4:44 PM Reply   
Damn it I was all set to go that day to Bullards when the tow vehicle had to be taken elsewhere.... Hopefully next weekend is just as warm
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       10-04-2010, 4:46 PM Reply   
BTW I think i might have to side with Fernando... The internet killed weekends on that lake, just 5 years ago it wasn't as popular as it was this summer.That's why i ride week days or post labor day weekends.

And now they are going to start charing to launch there......F that.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-04-2010, 5:02 PM Reply   
What's the deal with the launch fee?
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       10-04-2010, 9:04 PM Reply   
Last i heard its still up in the air how much they are going to charge but they will, along with mussel inspections that you must pay for yourself. They said they are thinking of putting a tag of some sort on the boat that says it passed inspection, but is voided if you take your boat to another lake, like somebody is suppose to rip the tag off. Not sure how they will enforce that but at least they are taking proper precautions. Would be a shame for the ecosystem of this beautiful lake to be taken over. And maybe the extra fees will scare away the out of towners
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-05-2010, 11:29 AM Reply   
Wow, so you made me look. I guess that's what the "detour" is about at the top of the dark day ramp...

Quote:
http://www.appeal-democrat.com/news/...on-kiosks.html

Mussel inspection at New Bullards Bar?
Comments 1
September 27, 2010 12:33:00 AM
By Rob Young/Appeal-Democrat

Q: The July 27 minutes of the Yuba County Water Agency refer to the installation of kiosks at Dark Day and Cottage Creek marinas on New Bullards Bar Reservoir for inspection of boats for quagga and zebra mussels.

As a recreational boater, I'm concerned that a very popular lake is going to become inaccessible due to overreaction or a desire to make more money from the public. Could you help us out by bringing more light on this project and how much public comment will be accepted, or is this a done deal?

A: As you may have noticed, inspection kiosks and gates are under construction at both marinas.

Peter Wade, the YCWA's assistant power systems manager, said the state Department of Fish and Game is requiring his agency to have a plan in place to inspect for mussels and keep them from spreading to Northern California. But no start date has been determined and the YWCA board is waiting for a cost study to be completed before voting on the matter, he said.

Wade did not estimate how much the inspection fee might be.

A board vote on the matter has not been scheduled. Once a vote is taken, the public will have at least two chances to comment at regular board meetings, which happen on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month. If there's enough interest, a special meeting will be held, he said.

So, mussel inspections at New Bullard's Bar may not be a done deal, but the installation of kiosks and gates tells you a lot.

Does anyone really want to see the reservoir become "mussel-bound?" Not likely.

A University of California summit on mussel control for lake and reservoir operators will be held Oct. 21-22 at the Lions Gate Hotel & Cottage Suites at 3410 Westover St., Sacramento. For information, call Heidi C. O'Guinn at 752-3932.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-06-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Eh..... every body of water is busier than they were 5 years ago. People want to get out on the water with their families. The best thing that can happen to these lakes is for more people to visit sites like this. At least then people would learn some boating ettiquite and figure out why the wakeboarders are yelling at them as they whip their kids back and forth through the only smooth water on a lake.

If you want the place to yourself, then get out midweek or early morning. By mid day most lakes are done anyway. Bullards is beautiful. Enjoy and let others enjoy.