Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            02-04-2007, 8:05 AM Reply   
If you've never been, you should make a concerted effort to attend the Arizona Wakeboard Association's wakesurf event. Last year Jaime Lovett attended - I lost to him. :-)

http://www.theawa.com/events.html

They do a great job, tons of prizes and I do believe that a portion of the proceeds, each year go for a charitable purpose. I really appreciate that part of the event.

We'll be there, April 28, 2007.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-04-2007, 9:03 AM Reply   
If you can't travel out west, then consider coming to lake Norris, TN from the 20th to the 22nd for a wakesurf gathering. Were going to start off from the Spring Dock Resort or Shanghai Resort.

This will be the first year for this gathering, we'll have my Mighty Centurion, a MC X2, and maybe a few other boats all rigged for surfing.

The Mighty Centurion will also be set up with Fresh Air Exhaust, I'll bring as many of my boards as I can, and Jeff is going to send some new demo boards as well. I've also sent one of my ACME 515 props back to change the pitch from 12 down to 10.5.

This will probably be the maiden voyage for Recycle This!!

I’ll post more information shortly – Hijack over.
Old    surfdad            02-04-2007, 9:24 AM Reply   
Recycle This will be in TN?! Wait a minute...how much are you charging to ride it? :-) Ed, The Norris TN gathering is April 20-22?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-04-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
My bad, the dates don’t collide, The Norris Lake Ice Breaker is April 20 to 22nd and The AWA event is the following week.

If Recycle This!! floats, any one can ride it, gatherings are all about sharing.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
I'm going to try and make it this year
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-05-2007, 9:28 AM Reply   
hey jeff are you gonna wanna redo and update the wakesurf site for the new year?

let me know
Old     (cece)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-06-2007, 8:35 AM Reply   
I haven't piped in until now on this because I was waiting to get some more details.

We are having our 3rd annual wakesurf contest on April 28th. We will have 4 divisions this year: Advanced, Intermediate, Novice & Women's.

Jeff is right about the philanthropic aspect of the event. We will be donating a large portion or our raffle intake to the Arch Angel's Foundation in the name of Powell Williams who was killed by a drunk driver.

The event will be sponsored by Century Marine, Desert Surf Company, Liquid Force and Reef.

I will post more regarding cost, prizes, etc once we finalize the details. Anybody who has participated in the past knows that the prizes and sponsors for this event are the best and this year promises to live up to expectations.

www.theawa.com
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-06-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
I'll be there to compete against Jeff this year. (Just don't rub it in my face if you beat me)

(Message edited by CAskimmer on March 06, 2007)
Old    surfdad            03-06-2007, 6:49 PM Reply   
Sean, last year I was in with James and Jaime Lovett - we can console each other. :-) I really do appreciate this event. Great folks and the charitable aspect of the raffle is good for the soul. I can't think of any other event water sports event that undertakes such a gesture.

Last year they had a nice new Enzo that pulled the contest. If you can make this contest, it's worth the effort.
Old    surfdad            04-18-2007, 5:30 AM Reply   
I'm not sure if Chris will read this before the event, but in a conversation yesterday, I think she indicated that one of the prizes they had acquired for the contest is a Liquid Force Custom. I think that board is still in "preorder" status at places like wakeside.com. I'd like to ride the 4'2".